Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

What thoughts race through a women’s mind when they see a long line for the restroom

Always curious what women especially those that don’t have this fetish think when they see a long line and none for men. Is it acceptance that women take longer, jealously and anger at men, do most women know why the line is longer? Do women ever wish they were men when they see a long line? I seem to think there are two views. One women may see this as a sexist/gender issue and be frutrusted because men don’t have to wait or they see it as just something frustrating in life but don’t go one step further to envy men/blame it on sexism. Also it seems sadist and unfair that younger women  may have to wait while older men dont- I remember my friend saying he always felt guilty when his younger sister had to wait in line but he also said his sister wasn’t ashamed about lines and didn’t see it as sexist

I depends. In a normal situation, I don't think much about it. Probably just frustrated that I need to wait in general. If I'm already desperate, I might blame myself for not getting in line earlier.

I might wonder why there is a big difference between women's and men's lines. Do men go to the bathroom as often as women do or do men just leave the bathroom quickier and why? Ok, it's common that women might chat or do make up in the toilet etc but I don't see how that would affect the lines because those activities are done in the wc lobby. It might feel unfair but I don't understand why would anyone blame the men about it. If it feels unfair, it's just unfair in general. Someone has to wait longer than someone else. I don't see it being unfair in a sexist way.

It really depends. I enjoy seeing other women desperate in line for the bathroom or just knowing that they have to go to the bathroom, so seeing a line is always fun, but if I really really have to go waiting in that line can be extremely frustrating, irony is anyplace where I see a good line of women waiting to go to the bathroom I normally have to go pretty badly myself!

I think that most women don't realize that the reason the line is so long is because men have more places to go with urinals and everything like that, so I think that most of them just accept it or feel that it is their fault. However I do see the lines as sexist because men have more places to go and can go more quickly, so it's often the case where women have very long lines but men have none at all. So I definitely think that it is rather sexist which can be frustrating, but at least since I enjoy seeing other women desperate I can take that as compensation!

I think the main thing I think when I see the line though is whether other women in line are desperate but I also see the line and think, well this is pretty normal isn't it? I think that most women probably expect to see a line in any place that is crowded, as well as sometimes in places that aren't so crowded. It's just a part of life and I think that most women accept it even if they think that it's unfair.

I recall once, I was at a football match (soccer) as an away team supporter, there were 5,500 of us in one stand behind the goal. Come half time we all pour onto the concourse for refreshments and to use the facilities, I went to go for a wee but the queue was out the door and then some. When I finally got in every urinal was full, every stall full and there were 2 guys peeing in each sink. 

This was the situation throughout the away end, for both men and women. 

Bottom line, I don’t think it’s a sexist issue. I feel it’s just circumstances dictate. 

21 hours ago, Damnation said:

I depends. In a normal situation, I don't think much about it. Probably just frustrated that I need to wait in general. If I'm already desperate, I might blame myself for not getting in line earlier.

I might wonder why there is a big difference between women's and men's lines. Do men go to the bathroom as often as women do or do men just leave the bathroom quickier and why? Ok, it's common that women might chat or do make up in the toilet etc but I don't see how that would affect the lines because those activities are done in the wc lobby. It might feel unfair but I don't understand why would anyone blame the men about it. If it feels unfair, it's just unfair in general. Someone has to wait longer than someone else. I don't see it being unfair in a sexist way.

I always figured it was the difference between the time it takes (women have more clothing adjustment to do, plus wiping) and the fact that mens' rooms have a urinal or two, making for extra places to go. If everyone was getting in and out as fast as they can, two extra places to whiz plus a handful of precious seconds saved would probably make twice the line at a womens' room than a mens' room after some event.

Now, if you're regularly finding no line whatsoever at mens' rooms but long lines at womens' rooms, you got me! But that's not something I see a lot of. 

On 4/4/2020 at 5:19 PM, Damnation said:

Really? Even as a guy I do view the lines as sexist like why do men’s room need a huge surplus especially if men have large bladders. Do women/you ever get jealous of men When faced with long lines or make desperation worse when guy companions with you don’t have to wait?

2 hours ago, Angusburger said:

Really? Even as a guy I do view the lines as sexist like why do men’s room need a huge surplus especially if men have large bladders. Do women/you ever get jealous of men When faced with long lines or make desperation worse when guy companions with you don’t have to wait?

The conditions are almost same for both. Yes men might have also urinals but they would be pretty much impractical for women anyway. I haven't been to men's restroom so idk if there's individual stalls less or not. In general the conditions are close enough. 

If women take longer in the restroom or use it more frequently, the long lines are because of women not because of the unfair circumstances between two genders.

I understand how it can be experienced or seen as unfair but I just don't think it has anything to do with sexism.

Here, where I live, the lines aren't that long anyway almost ever. If there is a line it's usually something between 2 and 10 and in some rare cases it might exceed the 10. It's not that long really. It might be uncofortable if  I am desperate already but at that point the blame is on me, not anyone else. Sometimes I might find it odd in a fun way, if women's restroom is crowded and there's almost no one in men's. 

When I face the long line while dedperate, I personally just are frustrated the fact that the people in front of me take so long.

Yes, in some situations I might be lightly jealous about the fact that my male friend doesn't need to wait as long but it's not his or other men's fault so there's no need to be angry at them about it.

To make sure, I am talking about the lines and circumstances itself. I don't think the possible differences in lenght of lines is a sexist issue. However, I can see how differing abilities to use the restroom might be seen as sexist issue instead but that's different topic and it's not that simple issue to solve.

Sorry, if I'm being unclear or if I am not making any sense. It's not easy to express my thoughts clearly with foreign lagnuage.

Edited by Damnation
Typos (see edit history)
47 minutes ago, Damnation said:

The conditions are almost same for both. Yes men might have also urinals but they would be pretty much impractical for women anyway. I haven't been to men's restroom so idk if there's individual stalls less or not. In general the conditions are close enough. 

If women take longer in the restroom or use it more frequently, the long lines are because of women not because of the unfair circumstances between two genders.

I understand how it can be experienced or seen as unfair but I just don't think it has anything to do with sexism.

Here, where I live, the lines aren't that long anyway almost ever. If there is a line it's usually something between 2 and 10 and in some rare cases it might exceed the 10. It's not that long really. It might be uncofortable if  I am desperate already but at that point the blame is on me, not anyone else. Sometimes I might find it odd in a fun way, if women's restroom is crowded and there's almost no one in men's. 

When I face the long line while dedperate, I personally just are frustrated the fact that the people in front of me take so long.

Yes, in some situations I might be lightly jealous about the fact that my male friend doesn't need to wait as long but it's not his or other men's fault so there's no need to be angry at them about it.

To make sure, I am talking about the lines and circumstances itself. I don't think the possible differences in lenght of lines is a sexist issue. However, I can see how differing abilities to use the restroom might be seen as sexist issue instead but that's different topic and it's not that simple issue to solve.

Sorry, if I'm being unclear or if I am not making any sense. It's not easy to express my thoughts clearly with foreign lagnuage.

It made a lot sense! After lectures sometimes in some buidlings I notice that the girls always have a long line while the men have no lines. I have always felt for girls especcially after exams but also lectures where they have to wait in line while men just go. I have overheard some girls saying its so annoying or one girl that held it because it was too long. Do women often in everyday circumstances line up while desperate or any crossing the leg or genuine nervousness on not making it from your experience? How do you pass time while waiting in line?

4 minutes ago, Angusburger said:

Do women often in everyday circumstances line up while desperate or any crossing the leg or genuine nervousness on not making it from your experience? How do you pass time while waiting in line?

That's a topic I haven't talked much about with other girls, so this is just from my personal experience. I haven't really noticed a lot of desperation in general. I think I should be good at seeing the signs but maybe everyone is just good with hiding it? I have heard people talk about being desperate or needing to go but they just don't look like that desperate to me (Physical and facial expressions, ability think clearly and speak etc).

Our campus has a lot of restrooms so if there's a line in the toilet that's nearest, there is a huge change that some other toilet in some other floor is empty. We also aren't restricted to leave during class to the toilet. Leaving to the toilet during a class is fairly common. We also have a short break at least after every 1,5 hours during our classes. Out of school, there is a lot of free public toilets and those that doesn't cost that much to use.

However, it's hard to believe that I would be the only one who is still being desperate quite often in everyday life. If I'm alone in the line, I just try to not make it obvious that I'm bursting. I just go through stuff on my phone usually.

If I'm drunk at the bar or something, I tend to chitchat with other people in the line, sometimes but not always, about the line or needing to go badly.