Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Why do some girls NOT envy the ability to use urInals and pee standing

Well, convenience aside, standing to pee is considered a very masculine thing to do in our culture. A lot of women want to be as feminine as possible... or "ladylike," of you will. I think, perhaps even subconsciously, sitting to pee can be considered a performance of feminine identity.

I happen to know that many women don't sit on public toilet seats, choosing instead to squat over them. Often, they end up sprinkling droplets all over the seat. Too often, they don't bother to clean it up. After all, it's a public toilet. Some employee (me) will clean it up.

Edited by omorashi_jones (see edit history)

While outside I do envy the easiness to pee standing without much effort. Squatting is just super annoying and you have to be careful not to pee on your shoes or clothes etc.

But I definitely choose sitting on a seat rather than standing. I think it's more comfortable. I don't understand why anyone would want to stand if there's an option to sit down but I guess everyone has their own preferations. I've had boyfriends who have also gone sitting rather than standing. 🤷‍♀️

8 minutes ago, omorashi_jones said:

Well, convenience aside, standing to pee is considered a very masculine thing to do in our culture. A lot of women want to be as feminine as possible... or "ladylike," of you will. I think, perhaps even subconsciously, sitting to pee can be considered a performance of feminine identity.

I happen to know that many women don't sit on public toilet seats, choosing instead to squat over them. Often, they end up sprinkling droplets all over the seat. Too often, they don't bother to clean it up. After all, it's a public toilet. Some employee (me) will clean it up.

But the masculine thing aside, do girls envy the ability to stand and that guys can still stand? Do girls view it like us guys it’s so much easier and cleaner to stand when using public restrooms? It seems like hovering suggests women would rather stand

4 minutes ago, Spurgle said:

I can’t speak for girls but I hate urinals and never use them myself unless I absolutely have to. It’s unhygienic as much as anything else. 

Also as a guy I do pee standing up but not as much as I do sitting down. Why stand for something when it’s so much more comfortable to sit? 

I sit at home because it’s more comfortable and cleaner but outside I never want to sit. It’s dirty and incOnvinient especially in the winter wIth jackets and stuff

25 minutes ago, Angusburger said:

But the masculine thing aside, do girls envy the ability to stand and that guys can still stand? Do girls view it like us guys it’s so much easier and cleaner to stand when using public restrooms? It seems like hovering suggests women would rather stand

Maybe. I'm sure that some women do. However, there's probably a reason why standing urinals for women never caught on. 

I read a while ago that in some cultures, women stand to pee and the men squat. Apparently, people with vaginas can train their muscles so that they can neatly piss while standing. So, it can be done.

4 hours ago, omorashi_jones said:

I'd definitely agree here, as a trans girl I feel like sitting to pee is a performative part of feminine identity, and I would always do so. even though I have the ability to pee standing, I'd be loathe to do so and would choose to pee myself even in a non-kink situation in all honesty!

As a fan of desperation and a person who has waited in so many incredibly long lines for the bathroom while my male companions were in and out of the men's room it's hard not to envy the urinals because it means that guys have several times as many places to pee, and it's why that the ladies room line is 34 times as long as the men's room line! So it's kind of hard not to be envious of the ease with men can go to the bathroom. I've often said that women don't actually have penis envy, what they really have urinal envy, the ability for men to pee quickly and without waiting pretty much all the time while women generally have to wait in most places especially crowded places.

As a person who doesn't know how to squat without peeing on myself or falling over on my ass if I do not have a bathroom I simply am forced to hold it. I have been in numerous situations where the urinals have provided men such a fast ability to pee. Like one time I was waiting for 40 minutes in line for a ladies room that only had two stalls and one of the women was hogging the stall for like 20 minutes meaning that there was only one stall in commission. Meanwhile the men with me were in and out of the men's room within a few minutes. Eventually I asked how many damn stalls they had in there and they said two, and I thought that that seemed like it didn't make sense until they eventually informed me there were also six urinals, meaning that the men had four times as many places to go to the bathroom! The crazy thing was that a lot of the people with me, including the women, seemed to think that that was fair!

But again as a desperation fan you have to laugh about these things and try to enjoy having something to envy. But as a woman you can't help sometimes, when you really wanna just go quickly, pardon the pun, be kind of pissed!

On 4/3/2020 at 5:43 AM, DesperateJill said:

As a fan of desperation and a person who has waited in so many incredibly long lines for the bathroom while my male companions were in and out of the men's room it's hard not to envy the urinals because it means that guys have several times as many places to pee, and it's why that the ladies room line is 34 times as long as the men's room line! So it's kind of hard not to be envious of the ease with men can go to the bathroom. I've often said that women don't actually have penis envy, what they really have urinal envy, the ability for men to pee quickly and without waiting pretty much all the time while women generally have to wait in most places especially crowded places.

As a person who doesn't know how to squat without peeing on myself or falling over on my ass if I do not have a bathroom I simply am forced to hold it. I have been in numerous situations where the urinals have provided men such a fast ability to pee. Like one time I was waiting for 40 minutes in line for a ladies room that only had two stalls and one of the women was hogging the stall for like 20 minutes meaning that there was only one stall in commission. Meanwhile the men with me were in and out of the men's room within a few minutes. Eventually I asked how many damn stalls they had in there and they said two, and I thought that that seemed like it didn't make sense until they eventually informed me there were also six urinals, meaning that the men had four times as many places to go to the bathroom! The crazy thing was that a lot of the people with me, including the women, seemed to think that that was fair!

But again as a desperation fan you have to laugh about these things and try to enjoy having something to envy. But as a woman you can't help sometimes, when you really wanna just go quickly, pardon the pun, be kind of pissed!

I have another thread on lone lines that you may be nterested in on the issue of long lines. Do women get mad though or feel "inferior" when they have to wait in line and realize its because of a lack of a penis or do they feel its more natural and just an accepted part of life?

On 4/2/2020 at 4:48 PM, omorashi_jones said:

I read a while ago that in some cultures, women stand to pee and the men squat. Apparently, people with vaginas can train their muscles so that they can neatly piss while standing. So, it can be done.

I've read about this as well. Apparently in the countries where women stand to pee the men squat down to pee for some reason. Supposedly there's not any countries where both men and women regularly stand to pee.

On 4/2/2020 at 4:10 PM, Damnation said:

While outside I do envy the easiness to pee standing without much effort. Squatting is just super annoying and you have to be careful not to pee on your shoes or clothes etc.

But I definitely choose sitting on a seat rather than standing. I think it's more comfortable. I don't understand why anyone would want to stand if there's an option to sit down but I guess everyone has their own preferations. I've had boyfriends who have also gone sitting rather than standing. 🤷‍♀️

Toilet seats aren't that comfortable imo, unless my legs are tired and I need to sit down. But as a couch potato that's rare, I sit down way too much already.

1 hour ago, FullBladder85 said:

Toilet seats aren't that comfortable imo, unless my legs are tired and I need to sit down. But as a couch potato that's rare, I sit down way too much already.

Well the seat itself isn't that comfortable to me either but sitting takes a lot less physical effort and I feel more relaxed that way. I'm not saying that this is the way everyone feels about it, it's just how I feel and how I have heard some other people feel about it regardless about the gender.

"I have another thread on lone lines that you may be nterested in on the issue of long lines. Do women get mad though or feel "inferior" when they have to wait in line and realize its because of a lack of a penis or do they feel its more natural and just an accepted part of life? "

Sometimes women get envious but I think most accept it as normal. I think my friends and family think I'm weird for questioning the normalcy of a half hour line at the ladies when the men have no such wait!

I can’t speak for girls either but I actually never go to pee outside or use urinals at all and I always pee sitting even when in public toilets (to avoid my butt touching the toilet I just place my hands between it and the seat and make sure to wash my hands after). All this is because at some point during my childhood I realized that my... "aim" is a good as blind mole with a broken bow so for the sake of humanity's clean toilets I just started to pee sitting instead and I think I've completely lost the ability to do so while standing now. 

I've peed in a tall glass multiple times months ago though, back when I was interested in seeing what my bladder capacity was and I'm not sure if I would have been able to do that with female anatomy... I'm pretty sure I could have, I pretty much had the glass enclosing the entire... thing I use to pee with but I don't have enough knowledge of that area of biology to know for sure. 

(In case you wonder my capacity is around 1350 ml / 45.7 oz in optimal conditions)

Edited by Bombality (see edit history)
On 4/2/2020 at 4:03 PM, omorashi_jones said:

Hopefully someday we can make it a more gende-neutral thing.

"As a woman, I can tell you that male urinals are really not practical for us!  first, we must be in a skirt!  impossible to do that if we're in pants.  second, discretion!  we never know what style of guy we're going to run into!  there are real perverts!"

It is true, they tried ladies urinals in the United States in the 1970s and they never caught on because it's simply not really practical for a woman to use a urinal in a way where she doesn't expose herself. That is why it just makes more sense to put in stalls.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2020 at 5:46 AM, DesperateJill said:

"As a woman, I can tell you that male urinals are really not practical for us!  first, we must be in a skirt!  impossible to do that if we're in pants.  second, discretion!  we never know what style of guy we're going to run into!  there are real perverts!"

It is true, they tried ladies urinals in the United States in the 1970s and they never caught on because it's simply not really practical for a woman to use a urinal in a way where she doesn't expose herself. That is why it just makes more sense to put in stalls.

But if women can use urinals like men do you think women would prefer to use urinals? It seems like some girls still think it’s disgusting but how is it dirtier than sitting on a stall lol Do women view their ability as “superior” that they need a stall even though men can also use stalls? I just feel that if I was a woman I would be jealous each time or it’s cause I currently have “urinal privilege” lol

On 4/13/2020 at 6:55 PM, Juliered said:

As a woman, I can tell you that male urinals are really not practical for us!  first, we must be in a skirt!  impossible to do that if we're in pants.  second, discretion!  we never know what style of guy we're going to run into!  there are real perverts!

"But if women can use urinals like men do you think women would prefer to use urinals? It seems like some girls still think it’s disgusting but how is it dirtier than sitting on a stall lol Do women view their ability as “superior” that they need a stall even though men can also use stalls? I just feel that if I was a woman I would be jealous each time or it’s cause I currently have “urinal privilege” lol"

There are many women envy the speed with which men can pee because of urinals, but it really isn't very practical for women to use a urinal, and I think that most people, most women, would not use them if given the option because there's no way a woman could really use it very privately, and the idea of using some type of hose or something like that up to your genitals to pee into a urinal is very unappealing to most people.

So I think that if there were female urinals that relatively few women would use them and most prefer the privacy of stalls. Given that stalls can be used for everything it just seems like it makes more sense to give women stalls rather than urinals. Men can use urinals more efficiently simply because of their natural anatomy, with women it would be more complicated and probably wouldn't provide the level of convenience that it does for men.

On 4/25/2020 at 5:23 AM, DesperateJill said:

"But if women can use urinals like men do you think women would prefer to use urinals? It seems like some girls still think it’s disgusting but how is it dirtier than sitting on a stall lol Do women view their ability as “superior” that they need a stall even though men can also use stalls? I just feel that if I was a woman I would be jealous each time or it’s cause I currently have “urinal privilege” lol"

There are many women envy the speed with which men can pee because of urinals, but it really isn't very practical for women to use a urinal, and I think that most people, most women, would not use them if given the option because there's no way a woman could really use it very privately, and the idea of using some type of hose or something like that up to your genitals to pee into a urinal is very unappealing to most people.

So I think that if there were female urinals that relatively few women would use them and most prefer the privacy of stalls. Given that stalls can be used for everything it just seems like it makes more sense to give women stalls rather than urinals. Men can use urinals more efficiently simply because of their natural anatomy, with women it would be more complicated and probably wouldn't provide the level of convenience that it does for men.

I was more so thinking of assuming women had the correct equipment, a penis, would women desire to pee standing and use urinals I that case if we assume practicality isn’t an issue or would sitting down still be preferred because my confusion was that even if girls had the correct equipment some still don’t envy our ability to pee standing and be fast