Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Heading to the toilet while desperate

Well, for one I try not to end up in a situation where I'm really desperate in public. But even when I do really have to pee, be it in public or at home or any other place, I try to act as normal as possible, so people don't notice I'm desperate. I just find people knowing I need to use the bathroom badly to be super embarrassing. So I try to act as normal as possible, that means walking extremely causally almost as if I didn't care weather or not I was going to the bathroom, slow and relaxed with a blank expression on my face, I walk out the same way too so I don't look like going to the washroom has changed my demeanor.

I'm weird I know.

I try to avoid being in that situation in a first place but it's still common thing to happen since I need to pee so often and I try to avoid using public bathrooms if I can.

If I am super desperate, I don't run but I try to walk as quickly as I can while doing my best to hold myself.  I don't like being in that sitiation in public at all and get extremely anxious about it, so I just want to get out of that situation as quickly as I can. I know where to find bathrooms so that helps a lot.

In my experience if I’m super desperate then running would probably push me further towards the edge. Usually walking incredibly slowly whilst still being able to tense is what helps me. 

Maybe if it’s a more mild desperation then I can see the benefit of running but otherwise I think running would make it worse for me. 

Running when about to burst desperate is counterproductive. Over stretched bladders don't like to be jostled.  It exacerbates the feeling my bladder is about to split open pain. Running also significantly increases the likelyhood of at least a leak if not a complete wetting.

If I sense my pee is about to come out I would walk gingerly but as quick as  I  can without leaking while holding myself tightly. Running is definitely a bad idea. 

I largely agree with most others here. Generally speaking I do not allow myself to get desperate in public intentionally and I will head for the toilet long before I reached the stage of desperation. I do try to maintain composure and not show that I am desperate. Generally speaking though I would probably go with power walking like some had said. When I have been holding a lot and I first stand up I can really feel the pressure hit my bladder, and it really hurts, so I sort of tiptoed to the bathroom, of course that is when I am at home. If I was truly massively desperate in public I would probably run in little spurts and then stop every few minutes to cross my legs or something like that. It would definitely be hard to move quickly when you have a timebomb about to explode between your legs!

From my observations I also noticed, that in most cases a desperate woman tries as hard as she can to hide that she barely hold it. Yes, it’s a common thing not only for women, but for men also. Sometimes even she is not running, by the way she is walking it is quite visible that she is bursting. Though, I’ve seen women run to the toilet twice. At the university a college girl in her early twenties was running in the corridor to the toilets. And another case was at school – a young primary school teacher was walking in the corridor against me and suddenly she started to run.  I turned back to follow her and saw she rushed into the toilet.

1 hour ago, Sudoers said:

If you are not bursting enough, you need not run.

If you are really desperate, you cannot run.

I remembered once I really need to release immediately, I can only walk with small paces, actually walk slower than normal.

I've experienced the same thing.  When I'm desperately holding it in and trying to get to the toilet before I wet myself, I tend to take smaller steps.  I'm just concentrating on clamping my sphincter closed for just a few more seconds!

• 2 weeks later...

I tend to try to act very casual when I’m desperate for a very silly reason.... I might need to walk away from a bathroom.  If I’m actually very desperate hearing some peeing or a place smelling like pee can be the final straw.  If I’m truly desperate i try to act very calm because if it’s too busy I’ll have to leave or I’ll pee myself there waiting( it’s happened a few times).  Also Sometimes it I start going and I walk away wetting and people seem to notice less if you are calm.   Once at a mall I walked out and was already wetting my pants I simply looked for a quiet empty area to wet myself alone and mentally prepare myself.  It’s funny if I don’t make it the finality rushes in and I’m extremely calm.  So I try to be calm heading to a bathroom to not gain attention if I have to leave to find another bathroom or at least have an accident in peace.

I've had people tell me before that I always walk/half-speedwalk like I'm in a hurry - even if I'm not. However, if I am very desperate in public, I'll try to walk as carefully as possible, and if I have to wait in line for a bathroom, I may do some moving around to help me hold it.

This all also depends on context. When I'm in a busy place (e.g. an airport) where I do not know anyone, I feel a bit more secure in outwardly showing signs of desperation.