Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Monster Energy Drink Gets Me Into Trouble

Oh I totally know that feeling when you see a wreck or something causing traffic. When I was 19 or so, I was driving back home from another city. It was normally like an hour drive, and in my infinite brilliance I picked up a giant strawberry limeade from sonic (one of the 44 ounce ones) on the way back. It started pouring down rain, and then when the traffic stacked up I wasn't at a point where I needed to go so I didnt worry about it. By the time I realized how stuck I really was, I'd finished the drink and crunched through most of the ice. I think I was there for an hour and a half? I was dying by the end of it, but I managed to get to the next gas station once the traffic cleared enough for me to start moving.

I know the feeling,been there lots of times, sometimes being held up by a train or highway construction.. That's when I reach into the back, put a garbage bag on the seat for protection, and just enjoy the warmth and the relief of pressure.. I also always carry a change of jeans and underwear for afterwards..Guess I shouldn't drink coffee on long journeys

Edited by Wetsy (see edit history)

I'm just about as addicted to the original variety of monster as you are to the sugar free one. I know it's terrible for me but I can't stop. 😅

It also gets me into similar types of trouble. I always think I have a tiny bladder and then remind myself I'm full of diuretics. Monster goes through me quicker than even coffee does. 

Thanks for sharing your story!!