Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

male and female Stupid question: best program to rip YouTube videos?

I have a very strong feeling there's a thread on this somewhere on the site but I genuenly can't find it, so I'm just going to go ahead and ask: what programs do y'all use to download videos from YouTube and other video hosting sites? I use a website called y2mate, but it keeps redirecting me to all sorts of weird sites and triggers Avast warnings every time I use it, so obviously I'd like something safer and more serious :P . I'm on an Opera browser by the way.

(As a side note, links to video downloaders could be a nice follow-up post in that stickied video software thread 🙂)

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, FallingDusk said:

I third the https://youtube-dl.org/ suggestion. (as Maki and liesjeversteven have already mentioned)

But more importantly I haven't seen anyone say it yet: This definitely wasn't a stupid question.
It's fine to not know things, and this is by no means a topic I anyone is expected to be familiar with.

Hope one of the solutions here is helpful for you ^^,

Yeah, I guess I just saw no one else asking, so I got the feeling it was something everyone knew but me xD .