Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Is there actual science to grabbing your crotch when desperate

Whether for men or women. I know when you are desperate it’s easier to hold when bending a bit , when sitting but always wondered if crotch grabbing has an actual physical aid to helping one hold it or if it is purely mental aid. I notice when I am leaking when simulating long line I grab it instinctively (I am a guy) and it does seem to help but I grab it when I am bending too. I have never gotten this desperate in public but I can’t see myself doing this in public

Edited by Angusburger (see edit history)
29 minutes ago, rachelkirwan said:

Oooh there might be research on this, if anyone finds it, please post it in the 'academic article' thread.

I suppose that there would definitely be an anatomical difference, for guys out there, does pinching the end of your pene actually help?

I want details 😉

I have never really tried pinching it cause that will hurt. I just grab/touch it so it doesn’t seem like it actually help based on science. Getting an erection helps though. How about for women? I guess you don’t really have anything physical to hang on to?

It depends specifically on what the crotch grabber is doing. I think it is by and large psychological, but applying pressure can be helpful to some, as well as other personal and nuanced things, for both men and women. I'd also say the primary cause for one putting their hand there in the first place will play a big part.

It's easy to say that primary cause is 'because they have to pee badly,' but why do they have to pee badly? Is their sphincter failing them? Does their bladder hurt? Is their brain trying to void while they're resisting? What particular stressors is any one person trying to ease in any one situation?

As for me, I avoid doing it like the plague in public since I find it incredibly embarrassing (although I really wish I didn't lol.) When I was younger, I would only hold myself if it meant the difference between me pissing my pants or not.

Since a males sphincter is located at the base of our penis, squeezing the tip does nothing physically. It does help  me psychologically though.  I feel the desperate need to pee at my pee hole, like my pee is actually there even though it actually isn't. Once pee actually slips past our sphincter and enters the urethra in the penis it is coming out no matter what, and trying to stop it is extremely painful. 

I was reminded of this just last week, arriving home very desperate. I felt a leak start once I was in the house. Thinking it would just be a little spurt I had to stop, I reached inside my jeans and grabbed myself. But my pee was flowing, and the intense pain made me let go, and pee gushed down my legs.

While I never hold myself in public, it does help control it is about to come out waves of desperation, allowing me to hold on a bit longer.

I know it is all in my head, but it is similar to arriving home with a overfull bladder, and suddenly can't hold it anymore . There is no physical reason that I suddenly couldn't hold on a second longer, but there I was peeing in my pants as I rushed to the bathroom. Running water can have the same effect.

1 hour ago, rachelkirwan said:

Oooh there might be research on this, if anyone finds it, please post it in the 'academic article' thread.

I suppose that there would definitely be an anatomical difference, for guys out there, does pinching the end of your pene actually help?

I want details 😉

When I have to grab its actually usually towards the bottom that I grab with hand curled round the top, so that the palm is actually covering the tip and slightly pressing against it, be that inside or outside your clothes.  Not sure on the science of this but that's always been the automatic way i have done it when needed. 

1 hour ago, Bulge_Lover said:

Women can squeeze their labia majora to keep it in a little but it doesn't work for long and some women don't have enough.

How does squeezing the labor work? Is that basically pushing “up” into the pee hole to stop it from coming out? Is the female splitcher located at the tip of the pee hope where you touch or closer to the bladder?

56 minutes ago, Meowth said:

It depends specifically on what the crotch grabber is doing. I think it is by and large psychological, but applying pressure can be helpful to some, as well as other personal and nuanced things, for both men and women. I'd also say the primary cause for one putting their hand there in the first place will play a big part.

It's easy to say that primary cause is 'because they have to pee badly,' but why do they have to pee badly? Is their sphincter failing them? Does their bladder hurt? Is their brain trying to void while they're resisting? What particular stressors is any one person trying to ease in any one situation?

As for me, I avoid doing it like the plague in public since I find it incredibly embarrassing (although I really wish I didn't lol.) When I was younger, I would only hold myself if it meant the difference between me pissing my pants or not.

3 hours ago, rachelkirwan said:

I want details 😉

Pressing the end with two or three fingers through the material so that the whole penis is firmly  squeezed into your belly or crotch, either prancing about or bouncing forcefully or making tiny steps on the spot - that helps. Don't forget that the penis is usually soft and flexible in those moments, and much smaller than you women would want to have it!

9 hours ago, rachelkirwan said:

I want details 😉

When I was more into holding without protection I would pinch my member just below the head to try and regain control. Of course, whatever urine was trapped in between my bladder and where I was pinching would escape once I let go, so a spurt would happen.

As a male, when I am desperate to pee, I can feel my urethra kind of tingling. It is a pleasant sensation. That tingling sensation is much stronger near the tip of the penis.

Remember when you have to pee, and the moment when you release the sphincter grip, just a second before the urine starts flowing? There is a pleasant tingling sensation along the urethra at that very moment.
Well, the same feeling exists when I am desperate to pee, I have an impression that the urine is just about starting to flow. Who knows, maybe there IS a single drop of urine in my urethra already in that moment. If I just sit doing nothing (no moving, no pinching), this feeling gets stronger and stronger, coming in waves, and in some moment I realize that a real drop (or even a tiny stream) is finding its way toward my pants.

But, if I pinch my penis (or just move, or do the pee dance), then for a moment I loose the feeling that I am near wetting. The pinching along the penis is just a diversion, an activation of other receptors (for pain or for pleasure) to dampen that feeling along the urethra, i.e. to get rid of the feeling that the urine is just about starting to flow. It gives time to de-focus from the feeling that I am about to start to pee in my pants, and gives time to focus on keeping the sphincter tight.

For a male, it's a sensory distraction. The sphincter is way closer to the bladder, so even though it feels like the penis is what's holding back the urine, it isn't, so squeezing that plumbing isn't going to affect it. But because you feel it in the penis, adding another sensation there overrides the feeling. Just like how we tend to touch a body part that hurts.

A healthy sphincter probably wouldn't need external squeezing to help hold back urine. The feeling of desperation is mostly the body fighting against itself.

Hell, I'm uncircumcized and pinching my foreskin even shakes off the feeling a little even though that's not where the pee is.

On 3/23/2020 at 4:59 PM, rachelkirwan said:

for guys out there, does pinching the end of your pene actually help?

I want details 😉

Will pinching the tip of my dick stop a spurt of urine?  Absolutely! But there are significant caveats!

The problem is, if I stop a spurt of pee by grabbing the tip of my dick, then the "hose" is full. If I then clench down with my bladder muscles, the "hose" gets shorter, the liquid in it has nowhere to go, and it becomes very painful!

As soon as I let go of the tip of my dick, any pee in the "hose" is going to come out, no matter if I like it or not.

If I am going to stop a complete flood by grabbing the tip of my dick, I must relinquish muscular control of my bladder, and when I reassert muscular control of my bladder, I must let go of the tip of my dick, and thus commit to a significant leak. 😅

Because of this, playing with my dick while desperate is almost entirely a distraction, as opposed to a physical barrier to prevent from leaking.

If it was to prevent total public humiliation, i might choose to physically "pinch off the flow" long enough for my muscles to rest and regain control, sacrificing a large leak in the process, but because of the pain involved, it would be an absolute last resort.

On 3/24/2020 at 8:57 AM, Bulge_Lover said:

Women can squeeze their labia majora to keep it in a little but it doesn't work for long and some women don't have enough.

That doesn't help, unless maybe there's enough pressure to go right through, like leaning forward on a bike seat or horse saddle. What I find does help is pressure on the pee hole, especially if it's a bit of a massage. That of course works best pressing right between the pussy lips, not onto them, which really only requires one or two fingers. (maybe one on top of the other)

Another thing that can help, although the effect is not immediate, is stimulating the clit. (discovered accidentally when i was a teenager) I find once I start feeling turned on I can hold on better. There is a potential danger in that though; if I'm really badly busting and go too far and have an orgasm I'm likely to spurt a few times during the orgasm.

11 hours ago, Anna B said:

That doesn't help, unless maybe there's enough pressure to go right through, like leaning forward on a bike seat or horse saddle. What I find does help is pressure on the pee hole, especially if it's a bit of a massage. That of course works best pressing right between the pussy lips, not onto them, which really only requires one or two fingers. (maybe one on top of the other)

Another thing that can help, although the effect is not immediate, is stimulating the clit. (discovered accidentally when i was a teenager) I find once I start feeling turned on I can hold on better. There is a potential danger in that though; if I'm really badly busting and go too far and have an orgasm I'm likely to spurt a few times during the orgasm.

Nothing hotter than a woman having an orgasm and losing her control though 😈

It helps mentally more than physically. But usually, at least for me, when I let my crotch go afterwards, my underwear gets wet also. Even if I thought that I managed to get my bladder under control by holding my crotch and I won't lose it, in reality, I already lost it a little and that's why I can hold it a bit longer now. If I wouldn't grab yourself, I would leak or spurt in my underwear, but while holding myself, I leaked right after I let it go. So, there is no real difference at the end, just a feeling that you save yourself from wetting your pants. I usually don't grab my crotch in public, because it only draws an unwanted attention, but it happened in a panic a few times. I guess it's a natural reaction and you do that without thinking.

• 3 weeks later...