Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Locked up after holding too much

I'm going to talk about something I don't see discussed much here, and I understand why - because it's an undesirable outcome and the opposite of a turn-on for most - but it's still an unavoidable part of my experiences and for some reason, I like reading about others' experiences with it.

Basically, when my bladder gets too full, I lock up. "Too full" varies, but the threshold is lower in situations that cause any anxiety, like if someone is waiting for me. I sit down and it feels like I can't even locate the muscles that are supposed to relax in order to pee. As my body remembers how to do this basic function, there might be a few false starts that feel like I'm going to release before everything cramps up again. This can repeat for 2-5 minutes. When I finally do manage to pee, it comes out as a dribble and eventually a thin stream. It can be embarrassing to excuse myself to pee when I really need to because I know that I'll be gone for a while and people might get suspicious.

When this is happening to me, I'm not turned on in the moment because it's a total pain in the ass. I can't remember a time in my life when it had never happened to me, although some of my behavior might have increased my sensitivity to it. If your reaction to this is "wtf, go to a doctor", I understand your concern and I will if it's ever interfering with my life, but honestly, it only happens every few months (I no longer hold on purpose) and I don't feel motivated to go out of my way to address it.

However, it has inspired me a lot for fiction and other hypothetical scenarios. I understand why it doesn't come up much in fiction, or why people don't usually go into detail about their experiences that ended this way, because the explosive release is part of the kink for most people. But the experience of instant relief after being severely desperate literally just isn't relatable to me. I also kind of like thinking about the panic of someone "making it" and anticipating relief, but unexpectedly suffering for a few more minutes. Once I read a story about a case much worse than mine, where a woman was extremely desperate in public, but when she finally got to go, there was no way it was happening and she had to actually give up, pull her pants back up, rush home, and get in the bath. Or a story where a guy held it for a painfully long time on a bus after drinking, and when he made it to the public toilet at his destination, he mentioned that he deliberately went to a cubicle to pee sitting down because he "knew this was going to take a while." Obviously stories like this have stuck with me the most.

Does anyone else have experience with this, or know any memorable stories about the phenomenon?

Not exactly the same thing... I mentioned that anxiety can exacerbate it for me, but I'm mainly talking about the issue of the bladder becoming too distended and tense to contract normally. (Also, I have no idea whether it's possible to have an accident in this state, I never have.)

Many years ago and just once I experienced locking up in a different way.  I had been on vacation in the southwest US driving my 4x4 on a backcountry track. I was accompanied by a friend and the two of us wanted to set up our tent on a forest clearing for the night. When we arrived by dusk I was fidgeting because already for hours I had intentionally suppressed my urge as my last pee had been by 6 a.m. So one of the first things on arrival was my visit behind a bush when I realized I had locked up. It had happened the first time ever and I was scared to say the least. When I stayed off our camp for more than some minutes my friend addressed me and asked if I was o.k. I could not but tell him about my mishap (he knew about my holding habit) and a short time later I started a new attempt. It was unsuccessful like before. A painful quarter of an hour later and after a cold can of beer the problem got solved by itself and I could get started as if nothing had happened before.

Yes this definitely  can be an issue-although it is more common in males due to our longer plumbing. It the bladder is extremely distended and heavy with pee it can press on your urethra restricting or blocking the flow.

Being anxious or feeling rushed can cause your bladder to lock up or become pee-shy.

When I was younger being unable to pee in the presence of others, caused me to have to hold it all day. By the end of the day my bladder felt like it would explode but it took time and effort to start the flow, no matter how badly I needed to go. Both my severely stretched bladder and penis throbbed with serious pain . It was not fun.  I would start with short dribbles and spurts, followed by a thin interment stream . I was half empty before I developed a strong flow. It sometimes took 10 minutes to empty my bladder . So yea like you said people would wonder what I was doing. There were times I left the bathroom without relief because of this, which made the situation worse.

There were times I wished I would just wet my pants and be done with the  intense pain, not for fun . I had a couple minor wettings in my mid -late teens but that was the exception.  At the time I had no idea why this happened.

I was disappointed later on when I wanted to wet for fun. It wouldn't happen. One evening I decided to ignore the pain until my pee came out in my jeans. It took a long time and was very painful but eventually it happened.

This is not as much an issue now that I am older, but I held it all afternoon today , and had trouble starting to pee. It was nothing like back in the dat though and was actually a good thing.

Edited by wettingman (see edit history)
On 3/22/2020 at 7:40 PM, cilla said:

Not exactly the same thing... I mentioned that anxiety can exacerbate it for me, but I'm mainly talking about the issue of the bladder becoming too distended and tense to contract normally. (Also, I have no idea whether it's possible to have an accident in this state, I never have.)

I do think it's interesting that if you were extremely anxious about having an accident, your bladder might enter a state where it prevented an accident, sparing you the humiliation.

Have you seen this story here? Sounds like what you're describing: https://www.omorashi.org/topic/29040-so-desperate-i-couldnt-pee/

The story you mentioned where the guy "knew it was going to take a while" sounds like it could be just talking about a really long pee, not necessarily locking up and taking a while to get started. That can be fun too, like one time at a bar when I had been putting off my need for a while... when I finally went, 3 guys had used the urinal next to me before I finally finished.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2020 at 3:38 PM, Zee said:

Have you seen this story here? Sounds like what you're describing: https://www.omorashi.org/topic/29040-so-desperate-i-couldnt-pee/

The story you mentioned where the guy "knew it was going to take a while" sounds like it could be just talking about a really long pee, not necessarily locking up and taking a while to get started. That can be fun too, like one time at a bar when I had been putting off my need for a while... when I finally went, 3 guys had used the urinal next to me before I finally finished.

"So desperate I couldn't pee" is a good description, I think I've described it that way before, and I agree with the comment that it seems like a result of the duration as well as volume. I also have no problem if I fill up quickly and pee at the point where I feel full but not overfull and have not felt tense for long.

18 hours ago, Yoshi said:

I don't have it quite as bad but I do get a slight variant of the locking up thing when I (rarely) do holds. It feels like everything's just going "upwards" in a way, and I haven't figured out why that is yet, because I also know the other kind of urge where it's pressing down on the sphincter, mostly when I'm already anxious or after holding too long and suddenly noticing in the bath. I think the "real" locking up could be something that happens to those with very large bladders? It seems to be rare at least.

That being said, the explosive release is definitely a huge part of my kink. Even if it's also not all that relatable to me either, as far as deliberate holding goes.

Everything going upwards is how I would describe the cramping feeling. It's a feeling that shoots all the way up through my core, stabs me in the chest and knocks the wind out of me.

I know this isn't true and my experience is probably the unusual one, but I have this perception in the back of my mind that if you can still pee full-force right away when you finally do get to pee, it "must not have been that bad," like it doesn't seem to me that someone really held it to the extreme unless there is some pain or difficulty in release. 😆 Fucked up, I know.

3 hours ago, cilla said:

it "must not have been that bad," like it doesn't seem to me that someone really held it to the extreme unless there is some pain or difficulty in release. 😆 Fucked up, I know.

I would tend to agree. But it seems like not every body can get there, some will involuntarily leak while it still feels urgent, others can wait until the urge fades away and continue holding beyond all reasonable limits. I've found myself in both categories, depending on the day. I quite like the extremes myself! But as I get older, more and more I want to get myself just full enough to be exciting without literally worrying about bursting.