Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

OmoOrg goes to the dark side!

OmoOrg Theme Poll  

666 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which side are you on? The light side, or the dark side?

• I stand with the Light Side!
    • I wish to join the Dark Side!

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/27/2020 at 05:00 AM

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello everyone! As you've definitely noticed by now, OmoOrg now finally has an official dark theme! It's still a bit of a work in progress and there are some kinks here and there that we nee

You can change back to the light theme at any time, don't worry! Just use the Theme link in the footer. This will always be there no matter what.

We're not the only visitors, people. Think of others.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, The Dark Wolf said:

Not that I don't like the dark side, but it no longer shows me which of my notifications, PM's, or new forum posts are unread. Though at least I can tell the first two from how many it says I got then look at the top two.

The issue with unread forum posts not being boldened should be resolved, but I'll look into PM's and notifications as well.

I really like the dark theme.

I clicked around for a bit and so far the one thing that I don't like is the panel headers (ipsType_sectionTitle) using the highlight color.
It's a little bit too bright for me. The more dim color used in the search box, on buttons, and in the highlighted pagination item (#6073b8) gives the same effect is a lot easier on my eyes (I tried it out).

I'm really liking the yellow around the highlighted comments. Quite fitting.

Edited by Drying (see edit history)
2 minutes ago, Drying said:

I'm really liking the dark theme.

I clicked around for a bit and so far the one thing that I don't like is the panel headers (ipsType_sectionTitle) using the highlight color.
It's a little bit too bright for me. The more dim color used in the search box, on buttons, and in the highlighted pagination item (#6073b8) gives the same effect is a lot easier on my eyes (I tried it out).

Thank you for the feedback! I think #6073b8 does indeed look better and is easier on the eyes. I'll update this shortly!

3 hours ago, ømo-çhan said:

I have an idea everyone can be happy with:

We could make a light, and a dark mode

Did you even read the first post in this thread?  It specifically explains that the light and dark themes will be staying and gives instructions on how to switch between them.  And Maki has explained the same things over and over in replies to this thread because apparently no one on this website can read.

Guest ømo-çhan
6 hours ago, Kei said:

Did you even read the first post in this thread?  It specifically explains that the light and dark themes will be staying and gives instructions on how to switch between them.  And Maki has explained the same things over and over in replies to this thread because apparently no one on this website can read.

Oh sorry:(

3 minutes ago, blasseroz said:

I have an eye condition which requires more light. Thanks, but no thanks, although I admire your green creds and consideration of my serotonin levels.

Thanks for the feedback! Don't forget we are keeping both available as options, this poll is just to decide on the new default and help get feedback on what we can improve to make the dark theme better.

5 minutes ago, StubbornBunny said:

I like it! Alot easier on my eyes lol. Maybe make an option for people so they have a choice of light or dark

1 hour ago, Maki said:

Don't forget we are keeping both available as options, this poll is just to decide on the new default and help get feedback on what we can improve to make the dark theme better.

R E A D

On 2/20/2020 at 3:57 PM, satyr said:

I would advise making the primary color of the main text lighter. Right now, the peripheral text, like in the sidebar, is brighter than the actual main text. I think the main content should have high contrast - if anything needs to have lower contrast, it should be the buttons you only click on once in a while, not the actual main content of the page that you spend 95% of your time reading.

I second this. If the main text were just a little bit lighter it'd look much better.

I prefer the light side, but I think it's just because I'm used to it.  I was here when it was dark way before....

I didn't like the old dark way because it bothered my eyes.  I'm not sure why though.

The light side has never bothered my eyes, so I am not sure about going back to the screen being black when the computer is on.  I'm afraid it might be difficult on my eyes again.

Of course, my eyes are getting worse year by year, especially now that I'm getting older.  So it's important to not flood them with sharply contrasting media.  In the 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s, books have always been black ink on white paper or at least light paper.  That being the case, I think it's because of that, I prefer this kind of screen.

There is no real technical help for you in my little writing, sorry.  It's just preference is all.