Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

male and female Difference between a spurt and a leak

To my lights leaks come in 5 varieties:

A dribble has almost no pressure.  It's  to little to soak through 2 clothing layers.

A spurt comes out under pressure. A single spurt will soak through 2 clothing layers (excepting heavy jeans).  3 spurts will soak through almost any normal indoor clothing

A saucer leak produces a conspicuous super-sized wet area.

A to-knees leak flows for a few seconds before the leaker regains control.

A flood refuses to stop until the bladder is nearly empty.

Looking forward to others' meanings.

Both are definitely involuntary peeing. Not really a huge amount of urine comes out, but often more than enough to make you wet between your legs and even get you in trouble if a wet spot appears on your outer clothes as a result. Spurts are more prone to cause a wet spot on outer clothes than a leak, because much more pee comes out when spurting.

As said, spurt usually contains more urine and before a spurt of pee comes out, I feel waves, building up pressure and only than short strong burst of pee comes out. It's terrifying feeling, because you know you will wet yourself in a second or two, but can't really do anything about it. Struggling usually only makes it worse and you pee even more. Instead of one longer spurt, you get 2 or 3 shorter spurts, but at the end, you peed even more.

A leak is much more sneaky and it happens much more often (for me, practically on a daily basis). I just feel some tickling at the edge of my penis, sometimes not even that and panties get a bit wet as a result of that, if I don't wear sanitary pad. It's usually a sign of full bladder calling for help, but nervousness can cause it also. More or less I know what is happening only when pee is already running, if it's not a big leak, not even than, but only notice wet panties all the sudden. And I can't stop it in any case. Usually is not much more than a few drops of pee, but sometimes more than enough to make panties properly wet between my legs.

3 hours ago, nerdy princess said:

I love this discussion. Thanks everyone!

Me too!

And -

On 2/18/2020 at 2:18 PM, Gemmy said:

For me I usually have have three stages when desperate to pee.

Firstly I start to drip or dribble. This is where small tiny drops start to escape. Nothing too serious and can happen for a while.

Then the leaks start happening. Leaks I describe as those moments when I'm desperate and small trickles escape and are enough to make my knickers feel damp. These will gradually get worse and bigger as I get closer to losing control.

Spurts are when I'm really desperate and getting seriously close to an accident. Those moments where the pressure is so intense that my muscles weaken for a moment and it comes out with force, making a wet patch on my clothes. Spurts are either accidental when I'm struggling to hold or on purpose when I want to relieve pressure or feel the wetness.

- thank you for finding these explicit words. I'd hug you if I could.

A leak flows at very low velocity — it trickles out, likely by accident, and maybe while you’re trying to stop it (or at least trying to keep it small and controlled). A spurt comes out at near-full velocity, but only for a moment. It’s “pinched off” almost as soon as it’s released. A spurt could be by accident, if caught by surprise, but it could just as easily be intentional. I would say the next step up from a spurt is a gush. A gush would be just like a spurt, except with a second or two of free-flow between the opening and pinching-off of the floodgates. 

So, to describe it in bad ascii art:

Leak: . . . . .

Spurt: (!!!)

Gush: (!======!!)

18 hours ago, GoldenG8 said:

A leak flows at very low velocity — it trickles out, likely by accident, and maybe while you’re trying to stop it (or at least trying to keep it small and controlled). A spurt comes out at near-full velocity, but only for a moment. It’s “pinched off” almost as soon as it’s released. A spurt could be by accident, if caught by surprise, but it could just as easily be intentional. I would say the next step up from a spurt is a gush. A gush would be just like a spurt, except with a second or two of free-flow between the opening and pinching-off of the floodgates. 

So, to describe it in bad ascii art:

Leak: . . . . .

Spurt: (!!!)

Gush: (!======!!)

Thanks for your explanation, lol.

• 3 weeks later...

My experience matches NiagaraFalls'. I enjoy holding until bursting and about to lose it then tipping myself over the edge with more water (or beer) on a wetting chat site, especially if having a 'hold-it' competition with others at the time to see who can last longest before wetting. The first hold of the evening when the muscles are still strong usually ends up with two or three involuntary spurts of just a few seconds that initially dampen my clothes, This is followed by another one or two leaks where it takes onger to regain control when I get wet. Finally, I can't hold it any more and most comes out and I totally soak myself and make a big puddle. If I try it again the same evening, I would maybe only spurt once and be able to regain control once or twice before it all comes out. A third time when my sphincter is exhausted and I probably piss myself totally when I get full, so no spurts nor leaks!