Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Inadequate local diapers

So, since moving, I've run into a bit of a problem. Until now, my preferred diaper has been Tena Supers, due to being readily available in drugstores, yet having the softness, side tapes, and absorbency required for roleplay. However, my new residence (a wealthy retirement community with my parents) has a problem. Specifically, all the stores I've checked either don't sell adult diapers, or have the Supers I wanted, but in Large, which I can't fit in. There's no space on the shelf for the Medium I need. So, I may need to start ordering diapers online. Since I'm already going to the trouble, should I just pay the extra cash for real ABDL diapers? Rearz's brands aren't too much more expensive compared to Supers. Or should I order Supers (or a similar high-quality drugstore diaper) instead?

It depends if you bought from a larger retailer before you might just be able to ship to the store for free, where as with the ABDL diapers you would be in a situation of having to handle the mail before anyone else can, assuming that your family doesn't know of/support your hobby. If they are ok with your hobby then you might as well try a pack of the ABDL ones to see for yourself if they work for you to a point that is worth the extra cost. 

It depends (no pun intended) on what you want.  I generally find Tena pants just right for me but my local branches of Boots have seemingly ousted them just lately in favour of their own Staydry brand which just don't work for me.  My local Morrisons generally has them but not always in my size (XL) so I've recently been buying them from a small pharmacy and been served by a lady who knows me socially.  Fortunately she is also professional and discreet and hasn't quieried my reasons for buying them.   

If you live the in the USA, you could order from NorthShore care online.  They carry many great products, including their own line which is really good and has different levels of absorbance, and even some abdl diapers, all at pretty good prices.  

Whether or not to get ABDL diapers is up to you, it can make the roleplay better if you're interested, and they tend to be higher capacity than medical diapers.  If softness is most important, I'd suggest crinklz or rearz dinosaur elite.  If having ABDL diapers doesn't matter, you can definitely find a supplier for supers online much cheaper.

I'm not sure where you're located, but it sounds like somewhat the same situation for me in my area.

I know Depend aren't the greatest, but they do work for me in a pinch when I'm looking for a diaper to wear around for a while, play in, and then when I finally wet it, it's not a full wetting.  But lately, the plastic backed Protection with Tabs is not available in my area, and honestly, it doesn't seem many, if any, tape on actually are.  The selections are mostly pull-ups, which is frustrating.

Luckily, I have an order that should be here in a few days and I'll have a good selection again.  I'm trying a supplier I haven't tried before, but I haven't heard anything bad about them, but I can also try new brands that my usual supplier doesn't have.

But I think what @Adrian6970wcsaid in their reply is correct - the name brands seem to be being ousted for the store brand.  And it isn't helpful that this is happening if you can't order online.

22 hours ago, tsporty1 said:

I'm not sure where you're located, but it sounds like somewhat the same situation for me in my area.

I know Depend aren't the greatest, but they do work for me in a pinch when I'm looking for a diaper to wear around for a while, play in, and then when I finally wet it, it's not a full wetting.  But lately, the plastic backed Protection with Tabs is not available in my area, and honestly, it doesn't seem many, if any, tape on actually are.  The selections are mostly pull-ups, which is frustrating.

Luckily, I have an order that should be here in a few days and I'll have a good selection again.  I'm trying a supplier I haven't tried before, but I haven't heard anything bad about them, but I can also try new brands that my usual supplier doesn't have.

But I think what @Adrian6970wcsaid in their reply is correct - the name brands seem to be being ousted for the store brand.  And it isn't helpful that this is happening if you can't order online.

I'm based in the UK Midlands.  You're probably right about named brands being ousted for store ones, although it's a policy that's bound to backfire as people know which brands they like and regard as reliable.  Certainly the store's own brand are a lot cheaper than Tena but I've also found out there's a good reason for that.  I once wet a pair of the 'own brand' pants and ended up wetting the kitchen floor at the same time!  Although I've never tried to order Tena or Deoends (a good alternative) online, I would have thought it was possible.   

Interesting problem. Here where I live they only have the Tena Super S, which is a bit small for me though. I wonder why they only have those. I watched that segment of my preferred pharmacy a bit and it seems they only have those small ones in stock if you do not preorder, which I don't.

The easiest route to go would be to live alone, then you can do whatever you want to without being noticed by your parents. For me this was necessary at least, mostly because I am a super paranoid person so whatever I did involving diapers I did only when I knew my parents were away for longer than one day, so I could go out and dispose of the diapers in some random public trash bin at night without being noticed. If that all is not a problem for you, then go online, preorder!