Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Why is it sometimes easier to hold your pee in? (as in less painful)

Sometimes no matter how much I drink I dont seem to get desperate while other times I get desperate so fast? I know diuretics make you pee more but does it make it harder to hold in your pee too, and why? Sometimes even if it is the same beverage it makes a difference? Is it because it is in public sometimes? I feel really impatient sometimes when I have to go and barely any comes out (probably like 1/2 of my full bladder capacity).  Any tips on repressing the pain as that can be very helpful Do you also feel impatient? 

Edited by Angusburger (see edit history)

Some drinks such as caffeine can be an irritant to your bladder so can make the urge much stronger

in teams or continuing to hold past the painful stage, for me I have to be in the mood to do it- almost wanting to have a competition with myself to see who will win!! 🙂 

One generally overlooked thing that can create variables is how full your stomach is. If it's empty, your bladder will have more room to expand. If you ate a big meal recently, it's gonna be pushing on your bladder sort of like the uterus does in pregnant women. Not anywhere near THAT bad of course, but it is still a thing. Whether I ate or not can create a difference of about 300ml at my most desperate. 

I agree with Bulge Lover, there is a difference if your stomach is full or empty. 
If your stomach and your bowels are empty has your bladder more room to expand, nothing is pushing on your bladder and so the pressure in your bladder is not so high and the urge to pee not so strong at the same amount of pee.

For me is the feeling “need to pee “ not always the same feeling.

It is different and is depending from some factors and circumstances.

If i drink diuretics, many coffees, the urge to pee comes very fast and gets painful in a short time.

I don’t really like this kind of urge, it is so pulsating and stitching even then if the bladder is not really full.

I think it is like Bladder Lad write, caffeine and other diuretics makes the urge stronger.

I think that is why the nerves in the bladder wall gets irritiert from the diuretics.

This feeling is similar if am feeling cold.

This kind of urge is for me unpleasant even my bladder is nearly empty.

If I go with my bladder that full in a warm room, or if i go to bed, my bladder will calm down and the urge turns to pleasant for me, so that i love to hold it for hours longer.

I love to feel a strong, dull urge for hours.

I love long time holding.

If i am holding it for hours and hours, my bladder has time to get bigger and bigger, time to stretch to its limit.

I love this dull pain from needing to pee and i love need to pee really bad but don’t go.

Sometimes I go to sleep without to pee.

Next morning my bladder is swollen and bulging, I would need to pee like crazy, but i don’t go, i hold it for hours.

I stay in the bed, take a pillow between my thighs and press my swollen bladder against the pillow.

It feels so good to torture my bladder this way!