Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Human Bladder Capacity

I was reading a few studies regarding uroflowmetry tests where they measure the voiding time as well as voiding volume, and it seems like the medical literature says that average bladder capacity tops out around 600 ml. How is it possible for some of use to pee well over 1 liter or even nearly 2 liters (2,000 ml) if the medical literature seems to say something else?

Key word is "average." The average height of men in the world is five feet nine inches, but then you have men who are barely over two feet tall and a couple that get super close to nine feet. Humans be weird - Some have small bladders, some have massive ones, and of course you have everywhere in between.

Another factor is that these studies absolutely did NOT force these people to hold it in until they're desperate, squirming, leaking messes like all of us fetishists push ourselves to. They just measured normal "kinda need to go" pees.

From my own extensive research, I'd put the actual average for absolute maximum capacity pees at 900-1000ml. 1.5L is rare but not THAT rare, and 2L is incredible but definitely does happen. 

People with urine retention show amazing bladder volumes after they got their catheters... Sometimes they fill up to more than 2 liters. I've read these in nursing forums. Once, Ive read about a girl, who was wearing a catheter that seemed to drain fine, but she felt constant strong urge. After the removal  she peed 800ml immediate. There was something wrong. Imagine that wearing a catheter, but only able to pee when your bladder level is above 800ml....