Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

For messing fans...apparently some women have to poo badly in bookstores.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariko_Aoki_phenomenon

In the 1980s a Japanese woman called Mariko Aoki complained of having to poo while reading in bookstores. This has been reported by various other people since then, with explanations varying from psychological associations with reading on the toilet to ink having laxative properties. Whatever the cause, it's super hot to imagine a beautiful woman going to the bookstore, then finding herself utterly desperate and ending up finding relief in her knickers! I'm sure that's happened a few times...

On 2/19/2020 at 8:51 AM, rachelkirwan said:

And libraries! 

YES - me too. So it is not just women who have this happen to them.. I remember one time back in the 90s I was reading a lot more than I do now, and the local library was about 50 yards from my office so would go there a lot. And so many times I remember the urge hitting me. I particularly remember a time when I went in to look for a copy of Nora, the biography of James Joyce's wife, which included a selection of the infamous Dirty Letters. I could not help but push a little out as I read them standing between the book shelves... Thankfully was in total control and was able to limit the damage, walk back to the office and clean myself up in the loo. I just hope I didn't smell too strongly. 

Edited by WetNick88 (see edit history)
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
20 hours ago, Emilylovesmusic said:

I had a really bad mess in my jeans and had to run into the bathroom. My mom had to go to a store in the mall to buy me new pants to wear out of the store. 

Good that she could buy you a new pants- but if I poop myself so I need shower too, cleaning myself it is often quite difficult and without more water almost unpossible- how did you clean yourself after accident?

I can't say I've ever experienced or heard of this phenomenon. I'm skeptical that it's really a "thing", and not just selection bias. But it's certainly interesting to think about! Why is it always the Japanese that are coming up with stuff related to bodily functions?

On 2/20/2020 at 5:58 PM, WetNick88 said:

YES - me too. So it is not just women who have this happen to them.. I remember one time back in the 90s I was reading a lot more than I do now, and the local library was about 50 yards from my office so would go there a lot. And so many times I remember the urge hitting me. I particularly remember a time when I went in to look for a copy of Nora, the biography of James Joyce's wife, which included a selection of the infamous Dirty Letters. I could not help but push a little out as I read them standing between the book shelves... Thankfully was in total control and was able to limit the damage, walk back to the office and clean myself up in the loo. I just hope I didn't smell too strongly. 

Holy shit, dude, I had to check out those dirty letters, and I had no idea how relevant they would be! The guy had a big messing and farting fetish, and he also mentions panty wetting.

Now I'm imagining what would happen if anyone on this forum became as famous as Joyce. You'd have people publishing books of their post history after they passed away... Jesus. Glad I'm not a famous author, I'd die a second time of embarrassment.

On 8/12/2020 at 12:57 AM, Emilylovesmusic said:

So I was actually out with my family having lunch at a chinese buffet next our local mall. I always hated going there because it messes my stomach up really bad but my family wanted it. So I ate dinner and afterwards my mom always wanted to go to the barnes and noble at the mall and walk off her food and buy some books. Well I wandered off to look at some manga and it hit me really bad so I crouched down and pretended to look at the bottom shelf. I tried my absolute hardest to hold it in by sitting on my foot. It was no use. I had a really bad mess in my jeans and had to run into the bathroom. My mom had to go to a store in the mall to buy me new pants to wear out of the store. 

Thanks for sharing.  that sounds pretty grim for you though!

On 8/12/2020 at 4:30 PM, Lukhas said:

Good that she could buy you a new pants- but if I poop myself so I need shower too, cleaning myself it is often quite difficult and without more water almost unpossible- how did you clean yourself after accident?

I used like all of the toilet paper they had in the stall. Ideally I would use water or a shower but I could only do so much in a barnes and noble bathroom lol. I did shower when I got home though.

• 3 months later...
On 8/16/2020 at 2:43 PM, Emilylovesmusic said:

I did get a little bit of a scolding just because it was embarrassing that her adult daughter had an accident with her in public. However she knows I have a weak stomach and am prone to having accidents so it wasn't that bad. 

You are? Can you link to any more of your stories? Do you have to go more suddenly or frequently than other people; how does it usually happen? Also, you seem to take it in stride pretty well. Is it fun because if your interests, or more trouble than its worth, or somewhere in between?