Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Would you ever consider paying to support an Omorashi author?

Would you ever consider paying to support an Omorashi author?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Would you ever consider paying to support an Omorashi author?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only if there were perks

Or more accurately, supporting a writer who posts stories for free? I'm considering starting a Patreon as many of my stories are novel-length, professionally written and edited, and can take months to finish.  I would never charge for a story, but joining my Patreon would get you PDFs and EPUBs while reading on this website would be free as always.

I'm just trying to see if there would be any interest in this. Please answer honestly. Thank you.

Possibly. Certainly not in the format of Patreon where I have to commit to some recurring charges without knowing what's coming in return and when, because hey, I already have way to many subscriptions with ongoing benefits like Hulu or Amazon Prime where I know exactly what I am paying for. But if there would be an opportunity to tip author without recurring payments and AFTER reading content to decide if it's worthy, I wouldn't mind to tip some great omorashi stories with a buck or a few after reading to thank the author and to encourage them to write another one.

1 hour ago, Dtravis said:

Possibly. Certainly not in the format of Patreon where I have to commit to some recurring charges without knowing what's coming in return and when

This is totally understandable. I still want my Patreon for people who wanna do it like that, but I gotta find some service that can do one-time payments that's just as anonymous as Patreon can be. Good advice, thank you.

On 2/8/2020 at 7:48 PM, Dtravis said:

But if there would be an opportunity to tip author without recurring payments

same here.

I know its a pain for someone trying to earn money from this and from that point of view a steady per month or per story would likely be a lot better. But I just wouldn't want to commit to that at the moment.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would prefer just to pay for a novel. If it is a full-length novel, well-written and professionally edited then I’d pay as much or more than I would for any other novel.

There is a real shortage of properly-written omo-themed novels. On Kindle I’ve found loads of poorly-written, very short and over-priced stuff, the kind of thing someone could write in a day or less, but almost nothing of quality.

If you published it on Kindle I’d certainly get it - usually I free download the 10% sample and if I like it I go ahead and buy.