Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Chinese nurses wear diapers during the fight against virus

As you know, there is a serious illness in China. Many doctors and nurses fight against it.

A reporter interviewed a female nurse who fights against the illness. She told that many nurses in her hospital choose to wear diapers at work, because it`s not convient for them to take off the special clothes. They have to hold pee very long.

They are very admireable!

By the way, for the nurses and doctors on this site, do you wear a diaper at work?

On 2/17/2020 at 3:33 PM, gtg2468 said:

I am a nurse who suffers from urge incontinence. I wear a diaper on occasion now or a protective pad. A lot of us do. The shifts are long and depending on your patient load you cannot escape for the toilet that often. 

Why is so hard to use a bathroom during shift? Are staff bathrooms so far away you can't use them every time when needed or you're not allowed to take 5 or 10 minutes bathroom break when you do certain work?

I had a nurse friend who had been working the ER, she just got off shift and was bursting. She was hurrying down the hall to go to the bathroom  when  a call went out for every available person to go to the ER immediately. VIctims were being brought in from a multi-car pile-up. She ran back to the ER and got involved with someone's emergency tracheotomy. Her bladder was screaming at her but there was nothing she could do about it because it was a life-or-death situation, so she had to wet her pants. After the whole crisis was over the supervisor told her to go on home, and no one criticized her. All the other nurses just said, "Well, it could happen to anyone." She was about 43 at the time, slightly chubby, cute face, long blonde hair, and of course wearing hospital scrubs, no diapers, just wet panties

Edited by dirtyoldman (see edit history)
On 2/17/2020 at 6:33 AM, gtg2468 said:

I am a nurse who suffers from urge incontinence. I wear a diaper on occasion now or a protective pad. A lot of us do. The shifts are long and depending on your patient load you cannot escape for the toilet that often. 

Well, that's fun to think about. 🙂 Do you ever pee in your diaper or pad strategically, to let a little go and relieve the pressure, rather than risk losing control? Do you know if your co-workers ever do this? Or is it only there to catch totally accidental leaks? If you ever let go intentionally, what positions/situations do you most often do it in to keep it discrete?

On 3/1/2020 at 10:38 PM, dirtyoldman said:

I had a nurse friend who had been working the ER, she just got off shift and was bursting. She was hurrying down the hall to go to the bathroom  when  a call went out for every available person to go to the ER immediately. VIctims were being brought in from a multi-car pile-up. She ran back to the ER and got involved with someone's emergency tracheotomy. Her bladder was screaming at her but there was nothing she could do about it because it was a life-or-death situation, so she had to wet her pants. After the whole crisis was over the supervisor told her to go on home, and no one criticized her. All the other nurses just said, "Well, it could happen to anyone." She was about 43 at the time, slightly chubby, cute face, long blonde hair, and of course wearing hospital scrubs, no diapers, just wet panties

She is very great!

On 3/1/2020 at 2:38 PM, dirtyoldman said:

Unbelievably hot story. I wonder how many other nurses have had to wet their pants as a result of such circumstances.

On 3/1/2020 at 10:39 PM, johnsmithvideo said:

Aren't there laws that require employers in the USA at least to provide adequate restroom access for all employees? I have no idea why a nurse would not have access to bathrooms close by, since patients always need access to bathrooms or even catheters and bedpans in hospitals...

It's not a lack of access, it's a staffing issue. Sometimes there's no one to cover for you while you take a break.

8 hours ago, Bismiris said:

It's not a lack of access, it's a staffing issue. Sometimes there's no one to cover for you while you take a break.

Bingo. There are huge labor/working conditions issues with nursing all over the US. They frequently don’t have enough staff to cover all their patients, let alone have time for bathroom breaks. And then there are situations like surgical nurses where, if you’re scrubbed in, sometimes surgeries last for many hours and if you need to take a potty break then there needs to be another nurse available to come take your place, and they have to scrub in and you scrub out and then after you pee you have to scrub in again, and you have to worry about hand off errors, making sure you’ve properly tracked every item that’s been used so nothing gets left inside the patient. It’s almost not worth it.

Edited by kochel428 (see edit history)
  • 4 weeks later...