Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

The worst thing I've ever seen in a TV show.

@d418: In all fairness, fil makers are under much tighter time constraints than television writers and sometimes have to sacrifice world building in favor of moving the plot along... not that that's any real justification, and there are plenty of movies that would've been better as a television show with the run time to cover the details that had to be glossed over or omitted to fit under 2 hours.

On a related note, I wish there were more television and fewer film adaptations of novels. The novel is just too long form a literary format to be condensed to a visual format as short form as a theatrical movie, and even some novellas would be hard pressed to adapt well to the big screen.

On 1/30/2020 at 3:39 PM, TVGuy said:

This kind of thing is pretty common in television and movies.  If you don't know any better, it might seem plausible.  Having worked in television news for years, I can say that I have never, not once, seen an accurate portrayal of broadcast news, tv reporters, or how a newsroom actually operates in a movie or TV show.  My girlfriend is a research scientist, and she feels the same way when it comes to the portrayal of research or science in television.

I've been in the construction field most of my adult life - I've never seen the building trades described accurately in any TV show or film