Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Do uti cause you to wet?

Yes, it is possible, but it's not automatic.  Basically, a UTI can irritate your kidneys and bladder, making them to need to be emptied more often because it is one of your body's defenses to keep it from being poisoned.  UTI is actually a poison for our body, but as long as it doesn't get to our kidney's, it doesn't hurt us as much, which is why the bladder will try to empty it so it doesn't go that far.

If the UTI gets to the kidneys, you can lose them, and that can make life a lot more difficult for you even making it possible to die.  So, Yeah, that's why the bladder would try to flush anything like that out even if it's against your will, and yes, it can be so that you pee or leak without much warning at all.  

My sister used to get kidney tube problems where they would close on her, and that would cause her to have problems when she was a kid.  I'm not sure if adults have more control over accidents than children do though, but I do know that infections make life hard for people.  

So, short answer, yes, it is possible.  However, it you let it go too long after you have one accident, you already know that it's dangerous.