Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Tips for buying/using diapers?

I know this question has been asked hundreds of times, but I feel it would be best for me to make my own topic on this. So, I apologize for the possible repetition.

As for the topic at hand, any tips for buying and using diapers? I've been thinking about trying it for a while now, so I figured I should get all my fact straight before diving into it.

I've seen a whole lot of different brands and types of diapers on here, and I know very little about them. I've also heard that there's a difference between disposable and cloth diapers. So, any recommendations and how to buy them would be appreciated.

I think that covers everything. If there's anything I forgot, please let me know. Any recommendations and tips would be appreciated. Thank you.

That's a pretty broad question to be honest. I think at this point your best bet is to do some research on your own (youtube, dailydiapers forum, adisc, and the search function on this forum to get a better idea of what you're looking for. As a general rule, anything you can buy in a regular store (i.e. non-kink nor a dedicated medical supply store) will be of poor quality, UNLESS you have a slim build and could wear Goodnites, though those are generally only good for one adult-sized wetting. Individual body shape plays a huge role in whether Goodnites will fit you, but if you have a hip/waist measurement greater than about 32" it's iffy. If you have a smaller butt, you can probably get away with a larger waist, and vice versa. 

To my knowledge, all cloth options would have to be purchased online. I've never tried it though, so I could be wrong. One brand that's caught my attention is called Eco-ables. They're very customizable. 

Beyond that, I'd do some digging and if you find more specific questions, this is a good place to ask!   

13 minutes ago, Flyboy said:

That's a pretty broad question to be honest. I think at this point your best bet is to do some research on your own (youtube, dailydiapers forum, adisc, and the search function on this forum to get a better idea of what you're looking for. As a general rule, anything you can buy in a regular store (i.e. non-kink nor a dedicated medical supply store) will be of poor quality, UNLESS you have a slim build and could wear Goodnites, though those are generally only good for one adult-sized wetting. Individual body shape plays a huge role in whether Goodnites will fit you, but if you have a hip/waist measurement greater than about 32" it's iffy. If you have a smaller butt, you can probably get away with a larger waist, and vice versa. 

To my knowledge, all cloth options would have to be purchased online. I've never tried it though, so I could be wrong. One brand that's caught my attention is called Eco-ables. They're very customizable. 

Beyond that, I'd do some digging and if you find more specific questions, this is a good place to ask!   

Gotcha. Thank you for your help. I apologize for making the question too broad.

Alright, you are right, this has probably been asked a lot, and I have asked it a while ago as well. So here is what I have learned. Because you are aksing, you probably do not want to buy online. Which I can totally understand. I do not want to as well. Thankfully there are pharmacies all over the place, and some have diapers. So just use OpenStreetMap or some other map service and figure out the pharmacies near to you. I liked to use tor for this, but I am paranoid, do it or leave it, I can definitely recommend it. Many pharmacies have websites with show you what articles they have in stock. Use this. Maybe think about preordering something (Write a mail, whether or not you have to give your real name for preordering, etc). Prepare yourself as good as you can. It will help you to get in to the pharmacy as fast as possible and also out. You might want to leave your phone at home, btw. Then buy the thing and go. There will be surveillance videos, but those will probably be deleted. People will forget. And they will not know that you are ABDL. So this is your best bet of staying anonymous, as weird as it is. Maybe do not visit a pharmacy, when it has peak business volume.

Tips for choosing diapers: Especially when using taped diapers, buy them one size bigger, especially, if you are between two sizes, it makes things easier. If you like to wear your diapers tight, you might want to buy pullups as mall as the specs allow though.

When you are testing the new diapers for the first time, you might want to do a absorbancy test, so they do not leak on you unexpectedly. And even after that, be very careful, especially if they are prone to leaking. I learned that the very hard way.

Have fun.

17 minutes ago, Tailsuser said:

Alright, you are right, this has probably been asked a lot, and I have asked it a while ago as well. So here is what I have learned. Because you are aksing, you probably do not want to buy online. Which I can totally understand. I do not want to as well. Thankfully there are pharmacies all over the place, and some have diapers. So just use OpenStreetMap or some other map service and figure out the pharmacies near to you. I liked to use tor for this, but I am paranoid, do it or leave it, I can definitely recommend it. Many pharmacies have websites with show you what articles they have in stock. Use this. Maybe think about preordering something (Write a mail, whether or not you have to give your real name for preordering, etc). Prepare yourself as good as you can. It will help you to get in to the pharmacy as fast as possible and also out. You might want to leave your phone at home, btw. Then buy the thing and go. There will be surveillance videos, but those will probably be deleted. People will forget. And they will not know that you are ABDL. So this is your best bet of staying anonymous, as weird as it is. Maybe do not visit a pharmacy, when it has peak business volume.

Tips for choosing diapers: Especially when using taped diapers, buy them one size bigger, especially, if you are between two sizes, it makes things easier. If you like to wear your diapers tight, you might want to buy pullups as mall as the specs allow though.

When you are testing the new diapers for the first time, you might want to do a absorbancy test, so they do not leak on you unexpectedly. And even after that, be very careful, especially if they are prone to leaking. I learned that the very hard way.

Have fun.

Thank you for the tips. I wouldn't actually mind purchasing online, but I'm not sure what websites or brands would be best. Do you have any tips there?

13 minutes ago, Da Pman10 said:

Thank you for the tips. I wouldn't actually mind purchasing online, but I'm not sure what websites or brands would be best. Do you have any tips there?

I have never bought diapers online, because of the privacy issues which come with it. However, I have heard ABDLfactory is a good place to buy. I wrote them a mail to ask if they accept money via physical letter and they said yes. So after you have figured out how to do this effectively or do Bitcoins anonymously (they also accept bitcoins), you are giving away privacy, which might not be optimal. Oh, and btw if you live in Germany you can not give your name but just let it send to some mail office with some secret code which you need to know when you are fetching the package. Thats the most secure you can be in theory. Due to not enough harddrive space I have not tried it though. If you want more than just theoretical constructs, you are at the wrong address, at least when buying online. Maybe you know someone who has bought drugs on the darknet, such a person might have good, tested practical knowledge.

3 hours ago, Tailsuser said:

I have never bought diapers online, because of the privacy issues which come with it. However, I have heard ABDLfactory is a good place to buy. I wrote them a mail to ask if they accept money via physical letter and they said yes. So after you have figured out how to do this effectively or do Bitcoins anonymously (they also accept bitcoins), you are giving away privacy, which might not be optimal. Oh, and btw if you live in Germany you can not give your name but just let it send to some mail office with some secret code which you need to know when you are fetching the package. Thats the most secure you can be in theory. Due to not enough harddrive space I have not tried it though. If you want more than just theoretical constructs, you are at the wrong address, at least when buying online. Maybe you know someone who has bought drugs on the darknet, such a person might have good, tested practical knowledge.

This is very helpful. Thank you for your help!

I highly suggest buying online since there are quite a few places that ship discreetly. No markings on the box or return label that indicates what’s inside. The two that I use the most are Amazon, XPMedical and sometimes HDIS.  Amazon is by far the easiest; everyone is used to seeing Amazon boxes these days and like I said, no indication of what’s inside. If you want good diapers that hold a lot, I would suggest some Abena’s or North Shores.  If you want something a bit thinner to start with Tranquility ATN’s are a good choice, but only good for maybe one full bladders worth of pee; I do like them if I am going to be wearing around people i know, since they are thin. Although I do wear the Abena’s and North Shores under jeans and no one has any idea either, despite them being thicker; they do hold multiple bladders worth of pee.  There are many others as well, but i choose these the most because they are good quality diapers that don’t cost a fortune. 

Be aware of that most of the brands you find in regular stores don't hold much, and are more for stress incontinence and leakage. Medical brands are more for full incontinence or full/multiple bladders. ABDL diapers can also hold much.

Examples of regular store brands: Depends, Always, Certainly, etc (I don't recommend these, but could be a place to start). These can have different design to look more like regular underwear. Cloth-backed.

Pharmacies/medical brands: NorthShore, Abena, Tranquility, Tena, Molicare, etc. Each brand has diapers of different level of absorbency you can choose from (I'm always going for the highest 😉). Often plain white design. Can be cloth or plastic-backed.

ABDL brands: ABU, Rearz, Tykables, Fabine, etc. These have a cute and baby-ish design. Plastic-backed. High absorbency, but mostly not very discreet.

Edited by anetall (see edit history)

To add to some of the advice above, I would also recommend checking out any website’s shipping policies to see how they ship their products. I love the Rearz products at Cooshie Tooshiez but they ship diaper packs in bags as opposed to boxes. You can pay extra to have them double bag it, but if you don’t, any scratch in the bag it comes in will reveal part of the product inside. Unfortunately had to learn that one the hard way.

I was attempting to read through all of them to make sure no one covered this but then it was too much😂😂😂 so i am sorry if someone already said this. I am not a DL all the time it comes and goes. The times I do order I see what my options are on Amazon! It’s that easy, I just get rearz which are pretty bulky by the way just a warning. Also on Amazon you can archive the order and delete the search history to protect from prying eyes. They also send them in their Amazon box which gives no indication of what the contents is. Rearz: They can hold what seems to be gallons, before leaking. I would go with something like that if you are just starting out because they will not leak and they are the real deal. But like I said, no skinny jeans or anything like that because they will show through, that being said it is possible to keep them tight. I wore them to the mall a couple times and I don’t think anyone noticed. One more last thing I have seen this in the comments before but I will say it again! Store bought will leak and I learned that one the hard way in a hotel lobby filled with people.! 

• 3 months later...

So a few things you need to consider when buying:

1. What are you planning on doing in the diapers and how long do you plan on wearing them? If you are planning on wearing them discreetly out in public, buy something lighter. I recommend Abena and Tenas since they don't crinkle as loudly. Also aim for cloth backed. Are you wearing at home and plan to use them a little more; buy daytime diapers from Tykables or ABU. They operate in North America, Europe and Australia, so getting them should be easy (although if you are outside the US, they might be a little more expensive to get). If you plan to sleep with them or wear them through the whole day, I would try Northshore Megamax, 24/7 diapers, Tykables Overnight/Galactic, ABU Simples or PeekAbu since they hold the most.

2. Do you live with other people? - If so, order a pack or so online or buy samples. Easy to speak in and have no questions asked. A cloth diaper may also be a more discrete option if you are able to manage your own laundry.

3. How much are you willing to spend? - If not a lot, I'd argue getting some lower quality diapers and buying some boosters could probably give you similar millage compared to buying a higher end diaper. 

4. Where do you live? - if you live in the US, there are a lot of options for diaper companies. If you are not, do some research to find the most diverse options. I know for me, I try to order from a local distributor since I don't live in the US, but if you live in Europe or Australia, I'd recommend NappiesRUs and LittleDownUnder for your diaper needs.

Hope this helps and feel free to ask questions on my experiences with buying diapers! 

On 1/15/2020 at 1:59 AM, Da Pman10 said:

I know this question has been asked hundreds of times, but I feel it would be best for me to make my own topic on this. So, I apologize for the possible repetition.

As for the topic at hand, any tips for buying and using diapers? I've been thinking about trying it for a while now, so I figured I should get all my fact straight before diving into it.

I've seen a whole lot of different brands and types of diapers on here, and I know very little about them. I've also heard that there's a difference between disposable and cloth diapers. So, any recommendations and how to buy them would be appreciated.

I think that covers everything. If there's anything I forgot, please let me know. Any recommendations and tips would be appreciated. Thank you.

I think it's pretty easy. Look for the Tena Ultima Slip with plastic cover. It's a bit the best of all worlds. Wear one, go for a walk. Wet it, go for a walk. Look at yourself in the mirror. If it feels comfortable, it's all good. If you don't like the look, want it more puffy or more absorption go for ABDL diapers. If you want it more discreet for public etc. and be for flexible, go for Pants, Drynites etc.

I've tried many different types and brands and in my stash are many different ones. But in the end most of the time I just put on a Tena Ultima with a booster pad no matter if I do work, go shopping, into cinema, stay at a restaurant or for the bed. It's very versatile.

Edited by SGSO (see edit history)