Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Window seat pee desperation

I will give a tale that happened to me once. It was just a 3.5 hours flight and I was travelling in the window seat with two others on  a school trip but because I previously argued with the girl in the aisle I was too embarassed and ashamed to let her know I had to pee an hour into the flight so I figured I hold it till she goes or until landing since it was a short flight but she never went and I ended up holding it for the whole flight. Thankfully I was not feeling super desperate because my bladder wasnt that full and it wasnt direuctic but this would have been a lot worst on a long haul red eye flight when people are asleep and that has happened before to me too that I will share on here too. In the end for this flight I got impatient as the plane landed and I just wanted to stand up and go and of course at the airport everyone rushed to the bathroom but thankfully it was just a 5 min wait for a really long pee. 

Another incident; I was in the middle seat on a 14 hour flight and I had to go when the cabin was dark and everyone in my row was asleep so I held it but we then went through a very rough patch of turbulence for an hour (very strong tailwinds that day that we flew at 700mph) that made my desperation worse and after that my seat mate was still asleep that I tried sleeping too but couldn’t from the pee distraction that I ended up holding it for a good 3 more hours till the lights went on for breakfast and I was too shy still to nudge my aisle seat mate awake but thankfully he woke up and went to the lavatory and I could to but the line was real long. Also, I have to say my desperation was made worst when I was trapped in my seat each tome I saw aisle people from other row freely making their way to the lavatory whenever they wanted and that made me so jealous and my desperation worst. I guess that’s what it feels like when women are forced to hold pee while guys pee in front of them. Man did I wish I had an aisle seat to pee at anytime than be at the mercy of my seat mate.

anyone else experience this or also feel shy waking up or disturbing their aisle seat mate? I have a theory that the pee desperation on a flight is stronger on the window and middle than the aisle seats, who get to pee whenever  .

Another time I was flying a three hours flight from LA and shortly after take off I felt the need to pee but I chose window to see the scenery so I kept holding it because the person in the middle looked grumpy and the aisle seat woman was asleep. It was a rough ride and for the last hour I was actually moving my leg all the time and like what I just posted above It was like a kick in the bladder each time I saw other people usually in the aisle get up and pee. By the end of the flight I could literally feel the pee pressure wanting to come out and when I stood up for one of the first time ever I had to do a little dance but thankfully I made it with no lines for the men’s room but  if I was a girl I am not sure if I would have made it because of the long lines 

Sometimes I wish I wasn’t so shy about my need to pee and have the guts to wake up people as that would have made so many of my flights more comfortable, and believe me I have more tales to tell on my desperate flights in greater details. 

Perhaps here's a poll to start a convo and then I will share more stories but do you all if in a window or middle seat rather hold it or  wake up your seatmate to let you out? Anyone else experience tales of long holding it due to being in the window seat? 

Another time I was flying a 5 hour red eye trans con and I was stuck in the window seat and ended up holding it for a good three hours because my seatmate was asleep and I didnt know how to wake him up. This was one time where I think I dripped a tiny bit after landing when I stood up and ran for the restrooms in the terminal

Edited by Angusburger (see edit history)
5 hours ago, Catherine said:

I've never been on the window seat, except of the cases where my seatmates are my family or friends. I didn't even think about situations like these before, but now that you've mentioned it, I think I'd be too shy to awake other people so I would definitely hold it until the end.

do you usually take aisle? I feel a lot more comfortable bothering my family members than strangers on a flight. Sometimes you have no choice but take a middle seat or window especially when you book pretty late minute or missed a connecting flight etc.   I have heard from friends in the past on them asking and being denied because they were landing soon or too much of  a hassle to move their stuff. Imagine being shy like me and finnally working up the courage to ask and be denied...

I always take a window seat because I’m a huge plane nut and love taking video of the takeoff and landing. Luckily I have a big bladder so I can hold it for a good portion of a flight without feeling uncomfortable, and even then I’m not too shy. But it can be awkward and sometimes I turn it into almost a little holding game. People sleeping is the worst though, you can’t wake them up and I less you’re comfortable climbing over them, you’re stuck. Had that happen to my a few times. Was able to hold it u til they woke up though with no issues. 

Just flew 13 hours in the middle seat and it was awful because it was a red eye flight and they served dinner  after take off (I had to go during de-icing before the flight) but my aisle seat mate fell asleep through the meal service and I had to go after dinner. So I held it and little did I know my poor bladder had to hold it for almost 5 hours before my seatmate got up to get his carry on and that allowed me to go.  

7 minutes ago, BENAir01 said:

I always take a window seat because I’m a huge plane nut and love taking video of the takeoff and landing. Luckily I have a big bladder so I can hold it for a good portion of a flight without feeling uncomfortable, and even then I’m not too shy. But it can be awkward and sometimes I turn it into almost a little holding game. People sleeping is the worst though, you can’t wake them up and I less you’re comfortable climbing over them, you’re stuck. Had that happen to my a few times. Was able to hold it u til they woke up though with no issues. 

Lucky you. How long have you had to hold it on flights? I have not mastered a way to leave for the lavatory when I am not in the aisle. I wish the aisle folks were more considereate. When I am in the aisle I make sure to get up often to give others a chance to go too. 

1 minute ago, Angusburger said:

How long have you had to hold it on flights? I have not mastered a way to leave for the lavatory when I am not in the aisle. I wish the aisle folks were more considereate. When I am in the aisle I make sure to get up often to give others a chance to go too. 

Let’s see, my most recent long flight was about 14 hours Hong Kong to LA, and I went once about midway through. On most overnight flights to Europe (about 7 hours to most places from where I live) I’ll go right before landing. So usually I got about 6-7 hours between bathroom trips on planes. 

So I always take the aisle seat because I fear having a problem or being embarrassed on a long flight but reading the train of messages reminder me of a time flying to South Africa 

I was flying with a mate and first we had to cross the Atlantic and then wait all day in London for the overnight flight to Johannesburg. Of course we were drinking and to help us sleep we were drinking at the airport. 
No problem we thought because we were in a two seat row.  
We boarded a little later than expected. No problem I was a 4/10. 
We were further delayed leaving the gate and I was aware that it would be tight. 
At that point my friend admitted he was 6/10 but surely no problem - we were to taxi out, take off and shortly the seat belt sign would be off. 
It was at that point that the pilot came on the PA and announced we were 16 in line for take off and it would be about 45 minutes. 
I admitted that I was now 6 and he said he was already pushing 7 but we calculated it was about 65 minutes till we could go. 
We’d enjoyed doing challenges before.  We could do this. 
Time ticked on and my bladder started to call out that it was time to empty. 
I kept looking at the clock. Only 5 more minutes and we’d take off. 
Suddenly my mate said “shit” and grabbed his crotch. “I leaked” he admitted “Not sure I can make it”. 
We waited and realized that the last 5 minutes had passed. We should have taken off and worse we had not moved for a while. 
The pilot came on the PA again and announced “very sorry for the further delay but apparently there is a fox on the main runway. “You’ve got to be fxxxing kidding me” cried out my mate in earnest. His bleat was shortly followed by another “shit” as he leaked again. This time when he took his hand away there was a noticeable wet patch. 
“I’m a 9” he said - I’m not going to make it. I encouraged him by saying “you’ll make it” but secretly I was aroused. 
Finally the plane moved forward but not before he’d leaked again and I’d had a small leak. It was going to be touch and go. 
The plane eventually turned onto the runway and with a roar the engines leapt into action. The force of gravity was too much for my friend. 
“I can’t make it” was all I heard over the noise but the pool of pee now clearly obvious between his legs that were clamped together told me that the damn had burst. 
He looked really sheepish and I thought he might actually cry. 
But we were air borne at last and I was concentrating on holding although I knew I was already quite wet. 
At last the seat belt light went off and at the ding I was madly unstrapping and barrelling down the corridor to the toilet. Although I made it, there was more damaged as I started peeing before I could get my dick out. 
The relief was amazing. 
Viewing the damage I was confident that I could cover up the sizeable wet patch with my shirt. 
I opened the door and there was my friend - clearly soaked but smiling. 
He let me know that he’d scored a triumph. 
“As soon as you left, I poured water from my water bottle on my shirt and pants and called the attendant and explained I’d spilled it on take off. I’ve come to change but the seat is soaked and they have agreed to move us into business class as there are no other seats available”   
So survived a wetting and a near wetting in public and got upgraded to business for the rest of the flight. 
Not bad for a couple of pissers! 

7 hours ago, Wrongrooms said:

So I always take the aisle seat because I fear having a problem or being embarrassed on a long flight but reading the train of messages reminder me of a time flying to South Africa 

I was flying with a mate and first we had to cross the Atlantic and then wait all day in London for the overnight flight to Johannesburg. Of course we were drinking and to help us sleep we were drinking at the airport. 
We were further delayed leaving the gate and I was aware that it would be tight. 
At that point my friend admitted he was 6/10 but surely no problem - we were to taxi out, take off and shortly the seat belt sign would be off. 
It was at that point that the pilot came on the PA and announced we were 16 in line for take off and it would be about 45 minutes. 
I admitted that I was now 6 and he said he was already pushing 7 but we calculated it was about 65 minutes till we could go. 
Suddenly my mate said “shit” and grabbed his crotch. “I leaked” he admitted “Not sure I can make it”. 
We waited and realized that the last 5 minutes had passed. We should have taken off and worse we had not moved for a while. 
The pilot came on the PA again and announced “very sorry for the further delay but apparently there is a fox on the main runway. “You’ve got to be fxxxing kidding me” cried out my mate in earnest. His bleat was shortly followed by another “shit” as he leaked again. This time when he took his hand away there was a noticeable wet patch. 
“I’m a 9” he said - I’m not going to make it. I encouraged him by saying “you’ll make it” but secretly I was aroused. 
Finally the plane moved forward but not before he’d leaked again and I’d had a small leak. It was going to be touch and go. 
The plane eventually turned onto the runway and with a roar the engines leapt into action. The force of gravity was too much for my friend. 
“I can’t make it” was all I heard over the noise but the pool of pee now clearly obvious between his legs that were clamped together told me that the damn had burst. 
But we were air borne at last and I was concentrating on holding although I knew I was already quite wet. 
At last the seat belt light went off and at the ding I was madly unstrapping and barrelling down the corridor to the toilet. Although I made it, there was more damaged as I started peeing before I could get my dick out. 
The relief was amazing. 
Viewing the damage I was confident that I could cover up the sizeable wet patch with my shirt. 
“As soon as you left, I poured water from my water bottle on my shirt and pants and called the attendant and explained I’d spilled it on take off. I’ve come to change but the seat is soaked and they have agreed to move us into business class as there are no other seats available”   
So survived a wetting and a near wetting in public and got upgraded to business for the rest of the flight. 

So hot! 

15 hours ago, BENAir01 said:

Let’s see, my most recent long flight was about 14 hours Hong Kong to LA, and I went once about midway through. On most overnight flights to Europe (about 7 hours to most places from where I live) I’ll go right before landing. So usually I got about 6-7 hours between bathroom trips on planes. 

Did you have to go during the 6-7 hours though or was your actual need to pee a lot shorter?  

8 hours ago, Wrongrooms said:

The relief was amazing. 

Sounds painful. I have never been that close to being on the verge but many close calls. That reminds me of a flight from San Fran I once flew that I had a large burger king coke before boarding and I thought I was an aisle but I was a window seat and I had to go on board but I was one of the last to board and was too shy to get up right after sitting down so I figured I will go after take off but there was an hour delay on the ground and as luck would have it after take off the middle seat fell asleep with his head on the tray table so I ended up holding it for two hours till landing but I think any longer I would have been on the verge of what you went through. I think the aisle seat does have an advantage when using the lavatory 

8 hours ago, Angusburger said:

Did you have to go during the 6-7 hours though or was your actual need to pee a lot shorter?  

That’s a good question, I kind of have to think about it. I probably started having to pee a few hours in, and had the urge for a few hours. It was certainly a bugging urge, you know kind of annoying and distracting, by the time I went at least once. 

11 hours ago, BENAir01 said:

That’s a good question, I kind of have to think about it. I probably started having to pee a few hours in, and had the urge for a few hours. It was certainly a bugging urge, you know kind of annoying and distracting, by the time I went at least once. 

Was it uncomfortable? It must be hard to hide your urge on a plane with people near you. Did you not go sooner cause they were asleep or afraid /shy to excuse yourself? I seem to dread asking to be excused and that has led to some long holds even during day time flights when they arnt asleep but asleep is the worst 

5 hours ago, Will8724 said:

I've flown a few times and never had any issues with desperation. The longest flight I've been on was 8 hours, and I didn't pee for the entire duration of that flight. I would not want to ask someone to move, so I would absolutely hold it if at all possible if I needed to pee.

It's easy for people with strong bladders. I usually use a bathroom 3 or 4 times in 8 hour span.

6 hours ago, Will8724 said:

I've flown a few times and never had any issues with desperation. The longest flight I've been on was 8 hours, and I didn't pee for the entire duration of that flight. I would not want to ask someone to move, so I would absolutely hold it if at all possible if I needed to pee.

hmm I guess I could make 8 hours without using the lavatory if its a night time flight but I end up needing to drink water on flights because I get dehytradted easily. The longest flights I have been on exceed 16 hours so not using the bathroom is not realistic for me and sometimes I have been forced into the middle seat or window seat 😮 

11 hours ago, Angusburger said:

Was it uncomfortable? It must be hard to hide your urge on a plane with people near you. Did you not go sooner cause they were asleep or afraid /shy to excuse yourself? I seem to dread asking to be excused and that has led to some long holds even during day time flights when they arnt asleep but asleep is the worst 

It wasn’t really uncomfortable, no. Even a few hours of holding for me doesn’t get my urge to the point of real discomfort and squirming and holding myself. By the time the urge started to get annoying, I would awkwardly look over at the people next to me and ask them if I could use the restroom, and they always say yes. If they’re asleep I’ll wait, like I did once, but that’s fun and exciting for me and as I have a large bladder I’m not usually worried. But for the most part I’m confident enough to just ask if they can get up and they always do. 

The worst though is having to go during meal times. Those pesky tray tables always get in the way. 

1 hour ago, Dunney said:

This is why I always take an aisle seat. Once I get the urge, I can't hold for more than a few minutes.

True but sometimes you have no choice like last min booking, missed connection, etc. Once I got moved to the middle due to an error bug in the online check in. Another time was due a last minute aircraft change. Another time was school trip in group check in where you are given whatever seat based on your last name and sometimes you arnt seated with close friends you are comfortable waking up or asking to be exused from the window or middle. Its unfair and honestly airlines should charge a different fare based on the seat you get as I have travelled on the most expensive economy class ticket before but in the middle seat due to booking it 1 week out from departure.

What if you don't get an aisle, would you be comfortable waking up others? 

On 1/6/2020 at 11:07 PM, Angusburger said:

What if you don't get an aisle, would you be comfortable waking up others? 

No, but the alternative is not on. Can you imagine fronting up to border control in wet, smelly trousers? Or standing up in full view of everyone to get a change of clothes out of the carry-on bag, then going along the narrow aisle to the toilet to change? And waiting there, if it happens to be occupied? We don't have domestic flights longer than 2 hours here, so they're not a problem. A quick trip to the toilet before boarding is all that's needed.