Jump to content

male and female Experiences in Diapered Air Travel

Recommended Posts

Hey all! 

So I’ve got an upcoming business trip that will involve a large amount of air travel, including internationally. Naturally, I’m very interested in doing so diapered. Based on previous overnight ocean crossings, it was a bit of a pain to get up from the middle seat of the middle group of seats and awkwardly ask others in the middle of the night to please move to the aisle so I could make my way to the bathroom, only to ask them to stand again 5 minutes later. Way too many middles there. Wearing a diaper instead makes perfect sense, and any rational, non-kinky person should give it some serious consideration, am I right???

Anyway, my main concerns are odors and leaks. Odors are overcome by staying hydrated, and leaks by wearing solid protection. I’m not super concerned about discretion, assuming I’ll be among strangers. I’m not setting out to flaunt my choice of underwear, but if despite my reasonable precautions to the contrary, somebody happens to hear a crinkle and/or spot what could be a padded outline, that’s their problem. I’m strongly leaning towards a mega max blue - thoughts? 

I’m very interested to hear about other people’s experiences in this area. Everyone talks about airport security, but what about the actual experience in flight? Have any of you diapered kinksters ever thought you had been noticed? What happened? Has anyone had any leaks? Were you able to go while sitting in such close quarters? Were you glad you made the choice to diaper up? Regretted it? Or what about this - have any of you kinksters ever spotted someone else that was padded up? What caught your eye? How could that person have been more discrete?

This is all in the interest of scientific discovery, of course.

Side note: I know lots of folks have touched on this over the years, but the experiences are scattered all over the place. Maybe it’s worth compiling them into one thread? 

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Flyboy said:

Hey all! 

So I’ve got an upcoming business trip that will involve a large amount of air travel, including internationally. Naturally, I’m very interested in doing so diapered. Based on previous overnight ocean crossings, it was a bit of a pain to get up from the middle seat of the middle group of seats and awkwardly ask others in the middle of the night to please move to the aisle so I could make my way to the bathroom, only to ask them to stand again 5 minutes later. Way too many middles there. Wearing a diaper instead makes perfect sense, and any rational, non-kinky person should give it some serious consideration, am I right???

Anyway, my main concerns are odors and leaks. Odors are overcome by staying hydrated, and leaks by wearing solid protection. I’m not super concerned about discretion, assuming I’ll be among strangers. I’m not setting out to flaunt my choice of underwear, but if despite my reasonable precautions to the contrary, somebody happens to hear a crinkle and/or spot what could be a padded outline, that’s their problem. I’m strongly leaning towards a mega max blue - thoughts? 

I’m very interested to hear about other people’s experiences in this area. Everyone talks about airport security, but what about the actual experience in flight? Have any of you diapered kinksters ever thought you had been noticed? What happened? Has anyone had any leaks? Were you able to go while sitting in such close quarters? Were you glad you made the choice to diaper up? Regretted it? Or what about this - have any of you kinksters ever spotted someone else that was padded up? What caught your eye? How could that person have been more discrete?

This is all in the interest of scientific discovery, of course.

Side note: I know lots of folks have touched on this over the years, but the experiences are scattered all over the place. Maybe it’s worth compiling them into one thread? 

I wear on every flight over 2 hours, I would say stay hydrated, and wear good quality diapers, this is not the time to go for store brand.

 

I've had security people notice my diapers before but none have ever commented, and I've been patted down wearing a diaper (Goodnites or Molicare mostly) and never had a comment.

 

Share this post


Link to post

I wear protection on every flight I take, because if I fall asleep I will wet.  Going in close quarters isn't an issue for me, because my body will go whether I want it to or not.

I'd worry about leaking much more than people finding out.  I've leaked before on flights, and it's no fun, so a high-quality overnight diaper with a booster is probably your best option.  Megamax with a booster is a good choice, but I can also recommend Abri-form M4 with the Abena maxi booster pads, or Unique Wellness Superio, again with a booster.  I've used all three to manage my bedwetting, and I've never leaked in any of them with a booster, even after 12 hours.

Wearing spandex over your diaper also helps reduce diaper bulge and rustle, and reduces the chance you'll leak.

I have spotted other people wearing diapers on several occasions, not always at the airport.  It really is something that you'd have to know the signs of to notice though.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, rachelkirwan said:

I've had security people notice my diapers before but none have ever commented, and I've been patted down wearing a diaper (Goodnites or Molicare mostly) and never had a comment.

 

When you say security noticed your diapers, do you mean some spares you had packed in a carry on? I don't see any good reason for me to wear one through security, so I'm not as concerned about getting patted down. 

Man, I wish Goodnites were more accommodating for adult males. I'm slim enough to wear them, but can never rely on them not to leak due to... things haha. Lucky you!

Share this post


Link to post

I would suggest Abena M4.  Cloth backed.  Absorbent, comfortable, not too thick or bulky, and has the odor control.  Cloth backed is much more quiet than plastic.  Also, Abena is a high quality brand.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

I trust Abena, but am skeptical of any cloth backed's ability to contain odor and retain it's shape. I think traditional plastic backed is going to be better for me. I actually just went ahead and pulled the trigger on some mega max blues, along with a new pair of windbreaker pants that should negate the crinkles and telltale outline. Have you had any experiences with flying while diapered?

Share this post


Link to post

For my trip to Vietnam I packed 3 Tena Maxi and wore one before driving to the airport. I wanted a window seat, so that was perfect for me. But I have to say that in those 6.5h per leg I didn't really need to pee that bad, so the Maxi was overkill. Security at Vienna, Dubai and Hanoi didn't find anything. My camera tripod was much more interesting for Hanoi's officials.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Delta-Force said:

For my trip to Vietnam I packed 3 Tena Maxi and wore one before driving to the airport. I wanted a window seat, so that was perfect for me. But I have to say that in those 6.5h per leg I didn't really need to pee that bad, so the Maxi was overkill. Security at Vienna, Dubai and Hanoi didn't find anything. My camera tripod was much more interesting for Hanoi's officials.

I do like the Tenas! I recently had a pack of ultimas and they were great! It doesn't look like those are made/sold anymore though. I'd rather have too much protection than not enough!

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Flyboy said:

When you say security noticed your diapers, do you mean some spares you had packed in a carry on? I don't see any good reason for me to wear one through security, so I'm not as concerned about getting patted down. 

Man, I wish Goodnites were more accommodating for adult males. I'm slim enough to wear them, but can never rely on them not to leak due to... things haha. Lucky you!

same man. i'm also slim enough to wear Goodnites but they hardly hold my wetting. wish they'd have bigger versions 

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah it’s unfortunate, but at least there are a plethora of other great options to choose from. Actually, I’ve read on other forums the reason nobody makes adult sized goodnites has something to do with manufacturing limitations. Who knows. I’m sure something will come around eventually.

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/28/2019 at 3:04 PM, Flyboy said:

I do like the Tenas! I recently had a pack of ultimas and they were great! It doesn't look like those are made/sold anymore though. I'd rather have too much protection than not enough!

In Germany they are available, so I don't think that they are discontinued. But I read a test, were the tester stated that the absorbtion isn't much better, bec it's already too much SAP in it.

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/27/2019 at 10:28 PM, Flyboy said:

When you say security noticed your diapers, do you mean some spares you had packed in a carry on? I don't see any good reason for me to wear one through security, so I'm not as concerned about getting patted down. 

Man, I wish Goodnites were more accommodating for adult males. I'm slim enough to wear them, but can never rely on them not to leak due to... things haha. Lucky you!

Yeah, the last time I had about three molicare, powder, wipes and some cream and I forgot to take the cream out, so my bag got pulled aside and they searched it and rummaged between the diapers and found the cream. It was very embarrassing.

I've worn through security a bunch, both wet and dry diapers, and even have been scanned in one of those body scanners in a wet Goodnite (in Germany) and they didn't say anything.  

On 12/28/2019 at 4:16 AM, Flyboy said:

I trust Abena, but am skeptical of any cloth backed's ability to contain odor and retain it's shape. I think traditional plastic backed is going to be better for me. I actually just went ahead and pulled the trigger on some mega max blues, along with a new pair of windbreaker pants that should negate the crinkles and telltale outline. Have you had any experiences with flying while diapered?

Also yes, panties over top 😉 Or if you are really prepared, a onesie to stop people seeing the waistband.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/29/2019 at 5:02 PM, rachelkirwan said:

Yeah, the last time I had about three molicare, powder, wipes and some cream and I forgot to take the cream out, so my bag got pulled aside and they searched it and rummaged between the diapers and found the cream. It was very embarrassing.

I've worn through security a bunch, both wet and dry diapers, and even have been scanned in one of those body scanners in a wet Goodnite (in Germany) and they didn't say anything.  

Also yes, panties over top 😉 Or if you are really prepared, a onesie to stop people seeing the waistband.

I'm just a regular boxers guy myself (which is childish apparently), and I don't think my other half would much appreciate me stretching out anything of hers lol. On the other hand, she would probably find some kinky amusement in me wearing her panties. Is that a thing for women?

So I'm doing the math here: you, Rachel, have a legitimate need for protection on flights, yet the most you wear is a molicare? Is that enough capacity to last? On that same note, do you limit fluid intake before flying? I ask all of this because it seems like you might be breaking the diapered flying cardinal rules of staying hydrated while wearing solid protection. 😆 Or is a megamax overkill? Not that it matters now...

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Flyboy said:

I'm just a regular boxers guy myself (which is childish apparently), and I don't think my other half would much appreciate me stretching out anything of hers lol. On the other hand, she would probably find some kinky amusement in me wearing her panties. Is that a thing for women?

So I'm doing the math here: you, Rachel, have a legitimate need for protection on flights, yet the most you wear is a molicare? Is that enough capacity to last? On that same note, do you limit fluid intake before flying? I ask all of this because it seems like you might be breaking the diapered flying cardinal rules of staying hydrated while wearing solid protection. 😆 Or is a megamax overkill? Not that it matters now...

Oh it's very fun to get boys in panties! I love it when guys buy a pair of my panties and send me pics wearing them. So it's a thing 😉 
 

So when I was younger and had more issues with my bladder I might try something thicker, but they were too obvious. I find that the new Goodnites are invisible (mostly) and hold a full Rachel Bladder, so if, for example, the seat belt sign goes on for longer than I can last when I need to pee, I'm able to wee and then get up and change whenever I'm able. A molicare can hold about two Rachel Bladder (with risks of leaks), but if I'm getting to this point Is should visit the loo. 

When I was younger and would say, wet whenever I fell asleep as well, I didn't really do the super long distance flights. A Goodnite was good for the one accident I might have between Calgary and Toronto, for example. 

And I have tried limiting fluid intake, but found it makes jetlag worse, so I just drink normally and request an isle seat where possible.

This is not to say that I've not a) totally wet myself on a plane and had to have my mother bring me a blanket in the loo, or b) had serious leaks. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/31/2019 at 5:57 PM, rachelkirwan said:

Oh it's very fun to get boys in panties! I love it when guys buy a pair of my panties and send me pics wearing them. So it's a thing 😉 
 

So when I was younger and had more issues with my bladder I might try something thicker, but they were too obvious. I find that the new Goodnites are invisible (mostly) and hold a full Rachel Bladder, so if, for example, the seat belt sign goes on for longer than I can last when I need to pee, I'm able to wee and then get up and change whenever I'm able. A molicare can hold about two Rachel Bladder (with risks of leaks), but if I'm getting to this point Is should visit the loo. 

When I was younger and would say, wet whenever I fell asleep as well, I didn't really do the super long distance flights. A Goodnite was good for the one accident I might have between Calgary and Toronto, for example. 

And I have tried limiting fluid intake, but found it makes jetlag worse, so I just drink normally and request an isle seat where possible.

This is not to say that I've not a) totally wet myself on a plane and had to have my mother bring me a blanket in the loo, or b) had serious leaks. 

Wow I'm surprised the Goodnites would be at all noticeable, unless someone was almost trying to be seen wearing them...? 😋 Well I suppose they become a lot more noticeable once they get wet. 

Speaking of which, I forgot to ask earlier what lead to you having to go through security in an already soaked Goodnite. What lead to that situation? What if you had gotten a pat down? I'd be so freaked out...

All this talk of Goodnites has put me in some type of mood recently. Sometimes when I wake up in the morning for work, I'll slip one on just to wet it and enjoy while I brush my teeth, shave, and generally dilly dally around finding any excuse to keep it on to forestall having to take it off to shower and head off to work. I had one of those mornings just the other day. 

Share this post


Link to post

I fly a lot and I wear a diaper every time. Often North Shores, Abena’s and sometimes a Molicare.  Depending on the length of the flight I might wear a booster pad with the diaper as well.  I have worn the same diaper for over 10 hours on flights and had no issues. And it was obvious on one long flight that no one noticed; near the end of a particularly long flight headed to Hawaii, the lady next to me said “you must have a bladder of steel, you haven’t got up once”, I kind of nervously laughed and I’m sure I blushed as she had no idea that I was wearing a soaking wet diaper.   

I believe I have only had one instance where I had a diaper leak on a plane; but I was wearing a cheap store brand diaper on a flight that wasn’t supposed to be long but we got delayed on the tarmac.  I don’t think anyone noticed, or at least no one said anything and I didn’t notice any people staring at me..

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/2/2020 at 8:30 PM, Flyboy said:

Wow I'm surprised the Goodnites would be at all noticeable, unless someone was almost trying to be seen wearing them...? 😋 Well I suppose they become a lot more noticeable once they get wet. 

Speaking of which, I forgot to ask earlier what lead to you having to go through security in an already soaked Goodnite. What lead to that situation? What if you had gotten a pat down? I'd be so freaked out...

All this talk of Goodnites has put me in some type of mood recently. Sometimes when I wake up in the morning for work, I'll slip one on just to wet it and enjoy while I brush my teeth, shave, and generally dilly dally around finding any excuse to keep it on to forestall having to take it off to shower and head off to work. I had one of those mornings just the other day. 

Goodnites are excellently discreet, and yeah, even a soaked one, unless you are wearing like super tight bottoms. I sometimes worry that a wet Goodnite might give me a slightly wonky silhouette and a strange crotch bulge. I bet for boys this would be less of an issue...

 

So yeah, I've done this a couple of times. Once I was in Germany, knew no one, was travelling alone, and was interested what those body scanners would pick up. So standing in a very long security line I slowly wet my Goodnite and the scanner picked up nothing (or security made no comment). I was feeling naughty and a little exhibitionistic.

The few times I've gone through without planning it, I was dashing between flights and not able to change. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/10/2020 at 12:15 AM, rachelkirwan said:

So yeah, I've done this a couple of times. Once I was in Germany, knew no one, was travelling alone, and was interested what those body scanners would pick up. So standing in a very long security line I slowly wet my Goodnite and the scanner picked up nothing (or security made no comment). I was feeling naughty and a little exhibitionistic.

What would you have said if they had said something? "I'm wearing a diaper/pull-up/incontinence pants, and I've just wet myself?" And see if the security guard looks surprised, shocked or turned on? 😉

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, nappypants said:

What would you have said if they had said something? "I'm wearing a diaper/pull-up/incontinence pants, and I've just wet myself?" And see if the security guard looks surprised, shocked or turned on? 😉

I don't know if I would have been capable of saying this. I was thinking of saying something like... "das ist un windel" which is all the German I can muster...

Share this post


Link to post

I have been patted down and asked about my diapers, but that's all. Also I find flying into the states is worse than flying into Europe.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, CireArts said:

I have been patted down and asked about my diapers, but that's all. Also I find flying into the states is worse than flying into Europe.

Hey been a while since I’ve seen you on here...nice to have you back

I’d love to fly diapered....never have though

Share this post


Link to post

I travelled internationally (East and Southeast Asia) with my kids and wife. We had to change planes. In my wheelchair I was patted down and my suitcase inspected. The security agents found my diapers. Although they were not speaking English it was clear they were laughing at me.

Edited by scinosensation

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, scinosensation said:

I travelled internationally (East and Southeast Asia) with my kids and wife. We had to change planes. In my wheelchair I was patted down and my suitcase inspected. The security agents found my diapers. Although they were not speaking English it was clear they were laughing at me.

Oh no 😞 that sucks. Sorry to hear this hun.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/12/2020 at 12:31 AM, rachelkirwan said:

I don't know if I would have been capable of saying this. I was thinking of saying something like... "das ist un windel" which is all the German I can muster...

Ein Windel” you mean? 😉

They can all speak English in Germany anyway...

Edited by nappypants

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...