Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Peegasms could be harmful!

Haven't clicked it yet, but all it is is warning to not drink too much at once, to stop if you feel kidney pain, and to space out holds long enough to recover between each one?

Still might not do any more holds since I'm never patient enough to hold to bursting point and my last hold wasn't even that fun, but they're still safe to do as long as you do what I mentioned above and such?

I really hope that, if situations where people are forced to hold to bursting point are common, that they don't suffer any permanent damage from it. It's bad enough if they're forced to wet themselves in the first place. (Seriously, forcing people to do that on a regular basis could not only cause embarrassment but physical health problems as well)

Edited by The Dark Wolf (see edit history)
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, johnsmithvideo said:

I hold my pee so many times but I have never had a bladder infection before. I wonder why.

Some people are more susceptible to them than others. Infections happen in the bladder and urinary tract only when harmful bacteria enters the urinary tract. Despite what people claim about urine being sterile, there is very frequently small amounts of negligible bacteria present in urine but generally not enough or of the type to cause an infection, especially if you're really well hydrated. Most of the time, UTIs can only occur when bacteria enters the urinary tract through the urethra from the outside of our body. Simply holding your pee isn't as much of an issue as the fact that you are not flushing out the urinary tract by peeing. It leaves you slightly more vulnerable. If you're someone who is already susceptible to UTIs, this can drastically increase your chances of contracting one. If you're not generally prone to UTIs, you're one of the lucky ones.

I'm one of the EXTREMELY lucky ones. I'm female, which puts my risk of UTI higher simply due to the length of my urethra. However, I have only had very few UTIs in my life and they were never from holding. Also, this may be TMI but I often don't pee after sex (which most women will swear is a guaranteed UTI) and I have never, ever gotten a UTI from sex.

Anyway, tl;dr, the reason you have never had a UTI before is probably because you are simply not prone to them and you're not out there sticking filthy things up your urethra or smearing fecal matter up there.

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/3/2020 at 12:08 AM, Selena Luna said:

Some people are more susceptible to them than others. Infections happen in the bladder and urinary tract only when harmful bacteria enters the urinary tract. Despite what people claim about urine being sterile, there is very frequently small amounts of negligible bacteria present in urine but generally not enough or of the type to cause an infection, especially if you're really well hydrated. Most of the time, UTIs can only occur when bacteria enters the urinary tract through the urethra from the outside of our body. Simply holding your pee isn't as much of an issue as the fact that you are not flushing out the urinary tract by peeing. It leaves you slightly more vulnerable. If you're someone who is already susceptible to UTIs, this can drastically increase your chances of contracting one. If you're not generally prone to UTIs, you're one of the lucky ones.

I'm one of the EXTREMELY lucky ones. I'm female, which puts my risk of UTI higher simply due to the length of my urethra. However, I have only had very few UTIs in my life and they were never from holding. Also, this may be TMI but I often don't pee after sex (which most women will swear is a guaranteed UTI) and I have never, ever gotten a UTI from sex.

Anyway, tl;dr, the reason you have never had a UTI before is probably because you are simply not prone to them and you're not out there sticking filthy things up your urethra or smearing fecal matter up there.

Thank you for being so open with me. Just curious, have you ever held your pee as long as you can so you could measure how much you peed?