Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Calibrated Wetting - it doesn’t take much pee to get quite wet.

I’ve mentioned in comments before that it doesn’t take much pee to make a mess.

Here are some calibrated pictures, using water measured in a syringe and inserted at the correct point (for men!) in cotton boxer briefs and thick jeans. 

The pictures below show 10, 20, 30 and 40mm in turn. That is a tiny fraction of a typical bladder capacity. 

I took these in order to assess the feasibility of a pocket-sized device designed to simulate random leaks and wettings - something like this was proposed in this group a month or two back. The fluid capacity of such a device would be limited so I wanted to test if it would be enough. 

ED45318B-A15A-4C5E-AF60-5667ED919F27.jpeg

7DE4FBCB-25EB-45F8-8362-103C36E32C14.jpeg

23730C3C-6D6B-461D-B0EA-CF7F7E1631C2.jpeg

423552BE-2C6E-4F67-99F7-FE145C0F1136.jpeg

I've tried something similar in terms of wetting for 2 seconds, 5 seconds etc. and seeing the extent of the damage. Even a single intentional squirt does a lot more than you would imagine!

I saw this on an incontinence product site:

Most people think they need a higher absorbency Minivivi pad than they actually do.  To give you a guide the average tampon holds 12-15ml. The average menstrual pad holds 25ml. The standard Tena Lady holds approx 30-40ml maximum. An entire average period is 60-80ml, average bladder has first urge to void at around 150ml and will release around 120ml in a stress/urge incontinence situation. Sneeze wee is around 50ml tops.

50ml sounds a lot for a "sneeze wee" but the above shows it could be pretty noticeable! And although an incontinent person won't be able to hold large volumes before they wet, someone having an urge incontinence accident as detailed above without a nappy/pull-up on will be visibly soaked down to well below the knees.

On 11/17/2019 at 4:35 PM, PrincessPeeach said:

Ya that’s why I always have trouble believing the first hand accounts where the poster says they leak and leak into their panties but it doesn’t show through....i feel like unless it was literally only a drop or two  there’s pretty much instantly a wet spot, no matter what I’m wearing....

funnnnn idea😍

Note that the clothes in the pictures are just about the best (or should it be worse?) that I have; thickest most absorbent underwear and thickest denim jeans. It would be much worse in thinner jeans and less absorbent underwear, or even going commando. I’ll do some similar experiments in some other underwear/jeans combinations.