Omoverse RPG (Turn Based Combat)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shot of Water Return fire!!! Or in this case.. return.. water? 🤔

Elizabeth takes a moment to look around, scanning between the short and averagely spaced trees. The ground is dirt sprinkled with occasional patches of grass of fallen leaves. Pebbles and branches are

Hey, this isnt a post but Im here to say that the next reply might be a little delayed. The main reason for that it because it requires me to build an entire unique deck for the speartails and draw th

Posted Images

Hmm... since her bladder filled by 39 from just one battle, fighting one battle with a fairy might be fine, but two or more could cause Liz to have an accident with how full her bladder is at the moment.

I think Liz should head home, pee, start the quest there, and then prepare to set out to fight the fairies afterwards. She might have two quests that can be completed in the same location!

Though.. an alternative would be to hold it instead, then to go straight into a fight against a fairy, then pee outside if she's bursting after that first battle. I'm kind of leaning more towards this option, as Liz should probably start getting used to holding it in combat, given the laws of magic and Omodynamics. 

Who knows, maybe she won't feel embarrassed from holding and wetting herself in the future, given enough experience and time...

Side note: I'm absolutely loving the stats and equipment GUI you made! Its super detailed, and Elizabeth looks so cute! 

Edited by LittleRaven556
Typo (see edit history)

Her urge to go home gets overturned by her desire to get the quest done. Besides, she is right near the area anyways. She walks 2 blocks down from the potion store and finds herself at the edge of a forest populated sparsely with birch trees. The smell of fresh air emanating from the woods is delightful to her senses. She takes a few steps into the wilderness, leaving the safety of the city. Soon she finds herself walking deeper and deeper through the trees in hopes of finding a pixie. The sun's rays piece between the leaves and strike the ground with weakness of the evening. It isn't long until she will be engulfed in darkness.

Suddenly, a speck of light darts in the distance. Elizabeth breaks into a jog, and then into a sprint. She runs past an open meadow with a boulder at the center and through more trees before getting her target back into view. A little pixie with blue wings is flying in the air.

"Hey stop right there!" Elizabeth shouts, getting the pixie's attention. She turns around.

"Ugh, humans. You think you can just enter our territory whenever you like huh?" she speaks in a squeaky yet intimidating voice

"I don't want to enter your territory, but you are the ones who entered our territory, and caused trouble!"

The pixie's expression now reveals frustration.

"You don't know anything do you? The humans started this whole feud, and they have to pay for it. It's as simple as that," she folds her hands and stares at Elizabeth with condescending confidence.

"I'll show you what it means to mess with us!" Elizabeth threatened, ending their conversation and beginning a battle.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Quests:
-Win 3 battles against the pixies in Southeast Ardenstine

----------------------------------------------------------------------

BATTLE BEGINS. ELIZABETH STARTS THE BATTLE:

444366887_battlescreen.thumb.png.f62fc6140606e08ccd7f498b0a1375a0.png

NOTE: The spoilers below reveal all the normal stats shown outside of battle. You can use them to see Elizabeth's location on the map, her armor, and her side stats. However, the regular stats (Health, Bladder Cap, Mana, etc) ARE NOT UPDATED on them during battle so for those stats, refer to the battle screen above.

Spoiler

476409640_Inventoryscreen.thumb.png.029921fcd24207b5bddf21a54cfd98d9.png

Spoiler

1155777240_Armorsceen.thumb.png.0e63ec13717478b4f3d6252da500a09e.png

Spoiler

Ardenstine.png.962f9ee2108235a0ddfad6012fab58c7.png

Edited by ShadowPhantom (see edit history)

Elizaberth.thumb.png.205475a330112fdc6c2d447b5da1e294.png

1212569093_battlescreen.thumb.png.738849cb342de417d36a3adf0ae3808e.png

Battle Gains:
- 53 XP
- 2 Pixie Dust
- 1 Pixie Wings [GEAR]
- 1 Dust Explosion [CARD]
-------------------------------------

Deck Builder:
From now on, you can access the deck builder which allows you to choose which cards you want in your combat deck. A deck can have at most 50 cards, but can also have less. You have a limited amount of cards so if a certain card is really good, is may be a good idea to get copies. In other words, if you have a card, that doesn't mean you have infinitely many copies of it. I am not going to make a separate GUI for the deck builder so it'll just be text based. At any time you would like, you can ask in your reply to add or remove cards from the deck or specify an entire rebuild of the deck. The deck builder will be inside a spoiler because it is annoyingly large

Spoiler

Owned Cards (Quantity)

Shot of Water (4)
F : 10
: 0
E : None
DESC : Increases Target opponent's Bladder Capacity by 5

Caltrop (4)
F: 10
M: 0
E: None
DESC: Summons a caltrop on a target opponent which increases the damage he takes from his next incoming attack by 20%

Wooden Barricade (4)
F : 10
M : 0
E : None
DESC : Summons a wooden barricade which reduces the damage of the next incoming attack by 10%

Minor Drought (4)
F: 35
DESC: For the next 5 turns of battle, your Bladder Capacity increase rate is reduced by 80%

Minor Shock (4)
F: 20
AT: Magic
E: Electric
DESC: Sends a small electric bolt at a target opponent. Deals 15 – 35 damage

Dust Explosion (1)
F: 5
E: Fire
DESC: Sends an explosive cloud of dust at target opponent. Deals 5 – 25 damage

==============================================================
Cards in Deck:

Shot of Water (4)

Caltrop (4)
DESC: Summons a caltrop on a target opponent which increases the damage he takes from his next incoming attack by 20%

Wooden Barricade (4)
DESC : Summons a wooden barricade which reduces the damage of the next incoming attack by 10%

Minor Drought (4)
DESC: For the next 5 turns of battle, your Bladder Capacity increase rate is reduced by 80%

Minor Shock (4)

Elizabeth allows her body to fall to the ground, her eyes barely open. Her life's protection is almost depleted. She lays on the ground, her eyes half closed, and hopes that she doesn't get attacked. 3 minutes passes in peace and she feels much better. Her protection has begun regenerating. It won't be long until she is back to normal. She is able to stand up, so she does. She looks around cautiously and finds that she is alone in the area. The Pixie beside her is still unconscious. Her life protection got destroyed entirely meaning it will take much longer for her to regain consciousness. Elizabeth, now having the energy, inspects the fruits of her labor. In her inventory she finds 2 mounds of Pixie Dust and a pair of Pixie Wings. She also notices that she has an extra card in her hand. It is one of the cards the Pixie attacked her with during the battle.

On another note, her need for a bathroom is becoming difficult to manage. Of course she can rely on Minor Drought during battle, but making it home afterwards might end unfavorably. In addition to that, the sun has set completely. Only the lightning bugs light the way. She isn't far from the city but who knows, she could get pounced by another Pixie.

Quests:
-Win 3 battles against the pixies in Southeast Ardenstine [1/3 Complete]

1106635072_Inventoryscreen.thumb.png.368dc415cf35a101c949a082d3ad9913.png

1996729443_Armorsceen.thumb.png.405c2310d5d5cfe64417c8c7e041c2ac.png

Ardenstine.png.6b483140a7e5267f1e3ecdf656c8c517.png

By the way, I want to mention, anytime when you reply, you can ask for a deck rebuild or to equip something in addition to your regular decision.

Deck Builder:
(Note: I only added 1 dust explosion because Elizabeth only has 1)

Spoiler

Owned Cards (Quantity)

Shot of Water (4)

Caltrop (4)

Wooden Barricade (4)

Minor Drought (4)

Minor Shock (4)

Dust Explosion (1)

Cards in Deck:

Shot of Water (4)

Caltrop (2)

Wooden Barricade (4)

Minor Drought (4)

Minor Shock (4)

Dust Explosion (1)

Elizabeth turns around and heads back from where she came. The dark proves to be a harder challenge than she thought. She can't see a thing, but manages to spot the meadow she passed earlier. That means she is heading the right way. She looks around the forest for Pixies in case she could hit another one down but it seems like they all went to sleep for the night. There is not a single light to be found. Elizabeth soon exits the forest and finds herself back on the quiet city streets. She still is a few blocks from home, but nothing she can't handle. She walks the dim city streets reaching the main road, the brightest of them all. She passes her university building and after a few more blocks, makes it to her block. Her father greets her warmly on the porch, smiling, inviting her in, and telling her how he was all worried. Her mom is home too. Elizabeth finally makes it to the bathroom with no accidents, and goes to eat dinner with her parents. It was an amazing day.

The next morning, Elizabeth wakes up early, before her parents, which is unusual. She immediately gets hit with the familiar bathroom need, and a hint of hunger.

1691244671_Inventoryscreen.thumb.png.4b1d66ec7aeb5b24a2aab38835e60b59.png

369751518_Armorsceen.thumb.png.e5b1a34743592af41670b9ecbe5cf2ce.png

Ardenstine.png.25133412bd36629a9305c61cd6fea6aa.png

Hmm.. I kind of want her to skip her morning pee and wet herself...

But Liz should go about her routine as usual. Shower, pee (maybe even in the shower), get dressed, eat breakfast, drink some water, the whole deal. Then she should start the quest near her home, and afterwards return to fight some pixies. 

Edited by LittleRaven556 (see edit history)
1 hour ago, LittleRaven556 said:

Hmm.. I kind of want her to skip her morning pee and wet herself...

But Liz should go about her routine as usual. Shower, pee (maybe even in the shower), get dressed, eat breakfast, drink some water, the whole deal. Then she should start the quest near her home, and afterwards return to fight some pixies. 

I agree that she should do these things, but I think peeing should be the last thing she does before leaving, just to make sure she leaves the house with an empty bladder and to make her morning just a little more interesting.

Spoiler

Owned Cards (Quantity)

Shot of Water (4)

Caltrop (4)

Wooden Barricade (4)

Minor Drought (4)

Minor Shock (4)

Dust Explosion (1)

Cards in Deck:

Shot of Water (4)

Caltrop (2)

Wooden Barricade (4)

Minor Drought (4)

Minor Shock (4)

Dust Explosion (1)

Elizabeth gets up and heads to take a shower. While in there, she also brushes her teeth, but decides not to pee. Something tells her that she should hold it. She leaves the shower desperate, dries herself, and dresses in her usual clothing. Then she comes down for breakfast. Her dad is there waiting.

"Good morning sleepyhead," he greets her

"What, it's not even that late," Elizabeth replies confused.

"I'm just kidding with ya, sit down," he motions as he brings her a plate of fried eggs with bacon. Her mom comes down shortly and they begin eating all together

"So, how have your first day studies been?" her dad asks.

"Oh they went well. All my teachers were nice. I also managed to best one of my friends in my first arena match!" she replies jovially.

"Wow! congratulations! that's great! so you're happy overall, I could tell. I'm glad"

"Yeah."

A short silence ensues, but then he continues the conversation

"So what did they tell you about in Omodynamics? I'm just curious, as you know"

"Yes yes, we know you are obsessed with that," Elizabeth interrupts jokingly. "So yeah, our professor gave us a brief introduction to the course. Essentially the bladder is connected strongly to our body's energy which is what allows us to form a magical protection as well as do magic itself. In other words, the bladder is a major factor in the potential outcome of most magic involved situations.. yeah, that's the broad scope of it," she explains with doubt. She fears her father will judge her for her lack of knowledge, but that's not what happens.

"Yes, exactly, but obviously there is more to it, I mean, you said it yourself. That's why I was thinking I could give you over to a buddy of mine. He is a new guy in our field, but he is a damn genius! He's almost ahead of me and he's on the job for only a year. He offered to teach you when we talked the other day, so I wanted to pass that request onto you. What do you think?"

Elizabeth hesitates for a moment, but then her thoughts are interrupted by her dad again.

"Okay, you don't have to decide now. Here, I have his address. If you decide to do it, just go over to him. He told me you can come over any time." He hands her a piece of paper with some illegible scribbles on them. Elizabeth barely makes out the address. She thanks him.

They finish breakfast with more scattered conversations before Elizabeth leaves the house. "Oh and I forgot to mention, his name is Alex, the friend of mine," her dad calls to her as she shuts the front door on her way out. "Okay!" she replies, and leaves. The business she started yesterday with the pixies has to be finished before anything else can be done. She starts for the forest. Her bladder pushes on her alarmingly and she questions her decisions. It was stupid of her to skip her morning pee, especially after that breakfast conversation.

[+NEW QUEST - Talk to Alex]

She reaches the forest and enters it bravely. Sure enough, pixies are flying between the trees. As she is spotted however, all of them scatter. She chooses one and chases it down. The pixie has no choice but to fight back.

Quests:
-Win 3 battles against the pixies in Southeast Ardenstine [1/3 Complete]
-Talk to Alex

==========================

ELIZABETH STARTS THE BATTLE

477230825_battlescreen.thumb.png.8da1fec29a14a600b554cd1afff55711.png

Spoiler

1624747270_Inventoryscreen.thumb.png.7983ae27c25f1ca389eaef0813561ac4.png

Spoiler

1477378027_Armorsceen.thumb.png.71bd6a6df9c98037d67a6d66a409acee.png

Spoiler

Ardenstine.png.04cc7199da328d7a0d2b7e16f8c29fdb.png

I think...

Maybe she should use Minor Shock?

Then again Minor Shock or Minor Shock might be better.

Also, since she’s farming Pixies, shouldn’t she just rebuild the deck to be:

3x Minor Shock

2x Any other card (Preferably damage)

Just to be clear, I AM suggesting using a 5 card deck for now. 

Edited by Unbeknownst
Clarification. (see edit history)

1958163075_EventScreen.thumb.png.9aa7f854c273c72c71d4f74610dec7fa.png

237224346_battlescreen.thumb.png.264e31c7ea7ea543ccc9e665ef5ed06d.png

Battle Gains:
- 61XP
- 1 Pixie Dust
- 1 Essence of Flight

[LEVEL UP!!] (+10 health)
-------------------------------------

Spoiler

Elizabeth Deck:
Minor Shock (4x)
Minor Drought (2x)
=======================

Owned Cards:

Shot of Water (4)

Caltrop (4)

Wooden Barricade (4)

Minor Drought (4)

Minor Shock (4)

Dust Explosion (1)

Elizabeth stands proud of her 1 shot victory and ponders how easy it would be to defeat these pixies if she simply rebuilt her deck to draw more minor shocks. And so she does. She puts in 4 Minor shocks and 2 Minor droughts for safety into her deck, leaving the rest of her cards in her card pack. Now she doesn't have to worry about drawing useless cards the entire match. 

Quests:
-Win 3 battles against the pixies in Southeast Ardenstine [2/3 Complete]
-Talk to Alex

1151754643_Inventoryscreen.thumb.png.29669d075d4c45bfeb3773601fec1236.png

967735206_Armorsceen.thumb.png.50eaa563a2565ac9ae371bceeb8be035.png

Ardenstine.png.ffa3c4c3764cebb63440222f1fdb90e9.png

Some notes and updates you should read:

So now that we have gone a little into the RPG, I think that I'm going to clearly clarify the different things you can tell Elizabeth to do as part of your reply to this interactive. I'm planning some new things in the near future and I want to mention them as part of this. So here is a descriptive list of options: (Keep in mind, you can easily ask for multiple of these actions in a single reply as long as it makes sense, for example how you guys replied with a card choice as well as a deck rebuild)

Movement: You can ask Elizabeth to move to a particular point on the map, or into a building, etc.

Quest Action: This one depends on a quest. If your quest asks you to talk to someone, then you can simply reply with "Go to Alex and talk to him" as an example of a current quest. It can combine the movement action with the quest action. Same thing with fighting. You guys often reply "Go finish the Pixie quest." This is totally a valid action as it clearly defines what Elizabeth should do according to the quest.

Story Action: This one simply means that you can always ask for Elizabeth to do anything based on her situation. What I mean is, if it's morning, you can ask her to brush her teeth, take a shower, eat breakfast, or you can just specify "do her morning routine" and let me write the story for that. Point is, this interactive isn't just a video game with a limited set of commands, but rather, a story in which you can control the character in infinitely many ways. These actions usually don't affect any stats, or use any stats, but rather progress the story. Of course there is the exception of using the bathroom, which will affect the bladder capacity bar.

Deck Rebuild: This one you guys already know. At any time you can ask to change the cards in the deck by choosing from the owned cards section

Attack: If you know a spot on the map where an enemy is, you can tell Elizabeth to attack it. For example, if you are off quest trying to farm a specific enemy, you can simply say something like: "Let's go to Southeast Ardenstine to fight a pixie."

Inspect: This is a new one. Inspect tells Elizabeth to look around where she is on the map. Inspecting will give you a list of harvestable resources in the area as well as visible enemies that can be fought. It also can give you a general description of the area, the structures around, and other non-fightable characters (basically NPCs). Inspect will not include enemies that are not visible (enemies that aren't out at a particular time of day, or enemies that are hiding). It will also not include rare resources which are obtained by harvesting other more common resources.

New features information:
As mentioned in the description of Inspect, there will now be harvestable resources. Just like you get items by killing enemies (Like Pixie dust or Essence of Flight), you can also harvest resources on the map. Some rare resources have a chance to be dropped when harvesting common resources. Harvesting resources is among a category of actions that I will call Time Dependent Actions. A time dependent action will yield results based on the interval between posts! What does that mean? Well lets say you are harvesting stones, and you are doing it by hand. Lets assume that the harvest rate in this case will be one stone per 2 hours. This means that if you tell Elizabeth to harvest stones, the next time I post a reply, I will calculate the interval between the previous post and I will count how many stones she got. In such a reply, you can indicate a minimum quantity or harvest time this way I won't post a reply early and cut off on potential resources. So using the previous example, you can reply with something like "Have Elizabeth harvest 30 stones." If it's 2 hours per stone, that means Ill have to wait at least 60 hours before posting my next reply. 

Below are descriptions of the new actions. Time dependency will be indicated

Harvest [Time dependent]: This action was explained in detail above. You can ask Elizabeth to harvest a particular resource that you know is around her or you know the location of. If the harvestable is nearby, simple ask her to harvest it. If it's in some other location, tell Elizabeth to go to that location and harvest it there. Use the inspect action to find out about harvestables in an area. You can indicate a minimum quantity to harvest or a minimum time frame. You can also ask for the harvest rate of a particular item, which can be different depending on certain tools

Crafting [Time dependent]: As of right now, this is not something that has been encountered yet, but soon, Elizabeth will find various crafting stations around the world. She will also obtain crafting recipes. Each recipe has a completion time. It can be a simple recipe like Iron Bars which you would usually smelt in large batches, in which case you would indicate the quantity you want to craft, or it could be complicated armor recipes which won't normally be crafted in multiples. In either case however, the quantity can be indicated. To craft an item, Elizabeth must have the crafting materials and the recipe and she must be near the correct crafting station.

Experimentation [Time dependent]: Experimentation is the way you discover recipes. To experiment, Elizabeth must be near a crafting station of some sort. Once there, you can specify which items in her inventory you want her to experiment with, as well as a minimal time frame for her to experiment (Usually specified in hours or days since thats about how long it takes me to reply). You don't have to specify the time frame in which case she will experiment for however long it takes me to write the next post. Elizabeth will experiment at the crafting station she is near with the specified resources. She will only discover recipes that involve those resources and that crafting station. In some cases, the chosen combination may not yield any recipes, but that's for me to decide 🙂 . Once again, this feature is still yet to be encountered. I will make it clear when crafting stations are discovered.

(Sorry for this long explanation)

Edited by ShadowPhantom (see edit history)