Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

• 1 month later...

She didn't know how long she lay there like that before something happened.  She felt weight on top of the covers, and then something cold and sharp penetrating her ankle.  She flinched from the sting, but afterwards she couldn't move at all.  Something was rubbing and tickling the right side of her abdomen near her waistband.  There were tingling feelings and slurping sounds.  Were her vital organs being removed?  Was she dying?  Her bloodstream was filled with adrenaline and her heart was pumping like mad, but somehow she couldn't make a single conscious movement to defend herself.  Her lungs were working faster and faster, but somehow she couldn't find the breath to scream.

Suddenly she was freed.  She let out a squeaky half-scream as she flailed around and fell out of bed.  She stuck her hand where the thing had been working her body, and it felt wet with blood.  She tore her way out of the twisted covers and turned on the light.  There was no sign of a wound.  Her organs were apparently intact.  Her bladder was no longer hurting.  Her panties were sopping and her legs were dripping, but it had nothing to do with blood.

She sighed with relief.  The night was over.  She'd been dreaming.  She was perfectly unharmed, aside from being soaking wet and stinking of ammonia.  She gathered up the covers and collapsed into bed.  She needed to give herself a few minutes to calm down, and then she'd figure out a plan for washing her bedclothes without revealing her accident.  She didn't have time to recover before her bedroom door swung open and her little sister ran in.

"Are you okay?!?" Hallie asked.  "You made a funny noise."  Then she noticed the dark spot on the covers.  "Uh-oh!  Wet bed!"

"Keep it down!" Cassie whisper-shouted, but their mother had already heard.

"Hallie, did you wet the bed?" asked a voice from the other room.

"No, Cassie did," the young girl answered matter-of-factly.

"That can't be true," the mother said as she walked into her older daughter's bedroom.  She stopped and stared at the giant wet patch.  Hallie ran out of the room, afraid that a scolding was about to happen.

"I had a scary nightmare," the teenager explained, knowing there was no way out of admitting what she'd done.  "I lost control, or something, I guess, when I was sleeping..." her voice got weaker and finally ceased.  Just saying this out loud made it feel more humiliating.

"Were you drinking at that party last night?" her mother demanded to know.

"What?  No!"

"Drugs?"

"What kind of drug makes you wet the bed?" Cassie asked as she rolled her eyes.

"Well you must've been doing something unusual to your body.  It's just not normal for a girl...for a woman your age to wet the bed."

This hurt Cassie's feelings more than the accusations.  "I didn't do anything weird," she said with a wavering voice.  "I just..."

"You just peed in your sleep."

"Yes," she said, feeling more ashamed than ever.  "It was because of a nightmare," she added in weak defense.

Her mother was starting to feel sorry for her, so she eased up.  "Well why don't you get cleaned up and strip your bed?  I'll see if I can get the stains out."

When she left the room, Hallie returned carrying a stuffed kangaroo.

"You can have Josephine," she said.  "She sleeps in your bed and keeps bad dreams away.  I don't need her anymore now that I'm older."

This unintentionally insulting gesture from her younger sister was the last straw that broke Cassie's composure.  She started weeping like a little girl, because that was what she felt like.