Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Is wetting really not as bad as it seems?

I mean, aside from people in this community wetting for fun, of course.

I'm still absolutely terrified of wetting myself in public or in front of anyone, despite taking extreme pleasure in doing so when I'm alone. But is my fear irrational? (Anyone I know likely wouldn't hate me or make fun of me for it, but still)

I've heard stories of people brushing off their own pee accidents or even laughing about it. Some cases being celebrities like Jennifer Lawrence. Some people even telling of running a long race and, instead of using a bathroom to the side or holding it, "letting it flow" so as to not be slowed down, and still being loved by their followers despite wetting their shorts. Plus I hear there's also a book or something to help people who wet the bed not see it as something bad.

Some people like myself might be more embarrassed than others when it comes to a pee accident, but is it really all that bad in the long run? Even if someone's embarrassed about it can they get over it? I know it all boils down to being taught as a kid to try to avoid it, thus making something pretty harmless be seen as something incredibly shameful to most people (which, on the flipside, can contribute to some people's fetishes for it). But is it really as horrible as I think to suffer a pee accident in front of someone or is it actually not as bad as it seems?

(At least, to most people, I know I have heard a couple stories about people who never got over it and I don't need to hear them again)

Maybe I asked this before, but I've always dreamed of a world where anyone could suffer a pee accident and not be really ashamed of it, and just laugh it off like it's no big deal. And hearing stories where people have actually done this has always really appealed to me.

Edited by The Dark Wolf (see edit history)

I have thought about this too. Wetting is a big deal for us omorashi people, because it's our fetish. But for most people I think it's something like a minor annoyance, that they shrug off, and pretty much forget it a minute later. Maybe a funny story for their friends.

3 hours ago, The Dark Wolf said:

I've always dreamed of a world where anyone could suffer a pee accident and not be really ashamed of it, and just laugh it off like it's no big deal

I'd argue that we're already living in this world, it's just that a few of us make a big deal about it, because wetting makes us horny for some reason 🙃 Obviously real incontinence is a problem that needs to be addressed (like frequent accidents, constant bedwetting, etc.), but other than that it's basically a non-issue for the vast majority of people.

People are complex and context changes everything. Generally speaking, though, omo is taboo - especially throughout the West. And if you dabble in it around others, you will get a mix of reactions ranging from sympathy to disgust, from anger to arousal.

I'm not trying to discourage anybody from exploring it, but I always recommend that if you do, you should do so safely. Think carefully before you put yourself into a situation over which you have little control.

For what it's worth, I don't look down on people for having accidents. But of course I wouldn't, would I! 😂

Just depends on the individual I suppose. I know a number of people, myself included, who have wet the bed as an adult. Some have laughed it off as a daft incident and others were mortified by it, and that's just the ones I know about as I would also imagine that a larger number of folk I know have had it happen and like me managed to hide it and never told anybody. I also think the causes for an accident may have something to do with how it's viewed by others and their response to it. If you have genuine control issues then you'll generally get a much more sympathetic and understanding response to an accident than the person who wet the bed because of too much booze the night before as one is a no fault accident and the other is pretty much self inflicted. 

I think your personality and the image you try to portray to others plays a big role in how humiliating wetting experiences are.

People who try to portray a dominant, in charge, in-control-of-their-life personality are obviously going to have a real rough time with a wetting accident. It goes against everything they try to portray themselves as, and to that kind of person it would be extremely humiliating.  

The people I know who can easily shrug it off are the ones who are completely carefree and don't take themselves too seriously. Type B personalities, if you've heard that term before.

When I think about people in my life, I can actually very easily sort people into groups that would be mortified by wetting and people who would find a way to laugh it off.

The context of the wetting matters a bit too. A conscious decision to "let it flow" is going to be way more palatable than losing control against your will.

Edited by surrealexp (see edit history)

It depends on the individual, but most people would laugh it off, if it's one off incident. It's not much more embarrassing than a clumsy fall or something similar. If it happens often, it's a bigger embarrassment, because as an adult, you should be in charge of your body or at least should know how to protect yourself, if you have a medical problem and can't control your bladder.  But you get used to embarrassing moments as well and can live with that. At least I did. I don't laugh when it happens, but usually don't make a fuss about it either and try to minimise involvement of others, ignore teasing as much as I can, etc. 

I would not want this to happen to me in public, not from a perspective of shame, but I think from not appearing in control? However would not be mortified by it and would get over it quickly I hope? 

I think individual reactions will relate to individual personality types? More confident / dominant types will probably cope better than people who are more anxious/introvert?

and then of course there are the small minority of people who specifically enjoy wetting in public!! 🙂

1 hour ago, surrealexp said:

I think your personality and the image you try to portray to others plays a big role in how humiliating wetting experiences are.

People who try to portray a dominant, in charge, in-control-of-their-life personality are obviously going to have a real rough time with a wetting accident. It goes against everything they try to portray themselves as, and to that kind of person it would be extremely humiliating.  

The people I know who can easily shrug it off are the ones who are completely carefree and don't take themselves too seriously. Type B personalities, if you've heard that term before.

That could explain my shyness of it. I try to keep up the image of being "cleaner" and not into omo, to hide my fetish and the fact that I wet myself for fun all the time (having been ashamed of it throughout my entire childhood and teen years, before I eventually accepted it), which is probably a big contributor to my fear of wetting in front of someone.

@BabyDreams, @fury85, @CarmenCD Hearing these responses might have decreased my fear of it, and give me a really good feeling about this, that a lot of people who would suffer a pee accident wouldn't see it as horrible. (Not that there aren't people who wouldn't, but still) Again, I really like stories on here of people who brush it off like it's nothing (like one I heard of two girls who wet their shorts on separate occasions and had to stay in them till they dried), or laugh it off, seeing their own accident as funny (like one story of a girl wetting her romper cause she couldn't get it off in time).

There was one time I came pretty close to wetting myself, I made it, and the people I was with casually talked as if it would've been no big deal if I didn't. That might've contributed to this revelation as well.

@desertfc Yeah, I'm probably not gonna try to stage a public wetting or something if I get over this. I'll still try to avoid wetting in front of anyone, but at least I know it wouldn't be the end of the world if I did. Of course I know there are people here who actually stage public wettings, I admire how daring they are, and they don't seem to have gotten really bad reactions for it. Closest I came to that was wetting a pair of shorts that didn't show wetness in a secluded area outside, and making my way home like that. No one who saw me suspected how wet I was, and no one saw me peeing. I'd have never done that in anything that would show wetness.

@PrincessPeeach I'm pretty sure anyone I know wouldn't make a big deal over it either, so hopefully if it does happen I'll be less afraid of it than pretty much all my life and be able to get over with it and forget about it. Maybe even take pleasure in it looking back.

Side question for you - Have you ever fantasized or wanted to read a story about Peach wetting her Olympic outfit?

And if it ever happens to you, I hope it's as you predicted. But preferably that it doesn't happen to either of us.

Ah. Her Olympic outfit is pretty much a pink tank top and skintight pink shorts with white lines at the edges. I often fantasize about her wetting that outfit, same with Daisy (yellow top and orange shorts, otherwise looks similar).

Guest w92iasd

It depends on the person really. There are people who can just shrug it off and there are others that will die in a hole instead. Its just like other public things, there are those who are amazing at it, and there are those who just can't do it at all. 

3 hours ago, w92iasd said:

It depends on the person really. There are people who can just shrug it off and there are others that will die in a hole instead. Its just like other public things, there are those who are amazing at it, and there are those who just can't do it at all. 

Ah. I don't think I'd ever shrug it off if I ever wet myself in public or in front of anyone, so I'll probably just die in a hole if I do, and feel really bad for anyone else who's had to go down this road.

I'd kind of like to become one of those who could shrug it off just in case but I think I'm too fetish-shy and such for that.

5 hours ago, The Dark Wolf said:

Ah. I don't think I'd ever shrug it off if I ever wet myself in public or in front of anyone, so I'll probably just die in a hole if I do, and feel really bad for anyone else who's had to go down this road.

I'd kind of like to become one of those who could shrug it off just in case but I think I'm too fetish-shy and such for that.

You just have to do it and eventually you'll get used to it. Start it slow. Small wetting, only a wet patch between your legs and gradually you'll become more confidant with that and you'll be able to do it more publicly and bigger wetings. Do it in front of total strangers, not when you're with friends or people you know. It's much easier that way.

I still doubt I could get to that point. I know anyone I know is the type who would just brush it off and forget about it if I could, but still. Closest I've been able to come to a public wetting is finding a secluded place outside, peeing a pair of shorts that don't show wetness, and returning home, being seen by many people who had no idea how wet I was.

It's not like I want to do a public wetting, I just want to be able to get over it if it does happen someday.

I think a big part of not having a big deal made of it is not to make a big deal of it yourself.  If you act nonchalant, decent people will tend to ignore the fact that you've peed yourself.  Now, if you stumble across a bully, that's another matter. 

All that said, I am an extrovert, and tend not to be scared of people much.  This doesn't mean I'm going to nonchalantly pee my pants in front of people I care about unless they're on the same page with me, but if I stumble across someone I know while walking around in wet pants, I'll just carry on like nothing's wrong.

On 11/13/2019 at 1:33 AM, PrincessPeeach said:

I think it depends on your personality. Some people are more easily able to brush things off and let them go than others.

Even then, there’s a lot of things that factor into how ‘big of a deal’ it is for that person....the setting and situation, the other people present, the circumstances that led to it....

Personally I hope never to wet myself in front of other people. That said, if I did, I’d assume that those around me would be sympathetic and not make a huge deal out of it, and I’d try not to either. Shit happens, and you move on.  It’s not like we’re in highschool anymore😂

Have you thought of taking up running? As I understand it, it is not uncommon for runners to wet themselves in races 🙂

19 minutes ago, David_E said:

Have you thought of taking up running? As I understand it, it is not uncommon for runners to wet themselves in races 🙂

I've heard this too, a few people have said on some sites that they wet themselves while running, either choosing to not use a bathroom and perfectly willing to take the risk, or just voluntarily "letting it flow". They recommended wearing black shorts of course, but I also heard they'd be wet enough with sweat it'd be hard to tell anyway (or otherwise sometimes pour water on themselves to cool down), though I haven't seen it myself so don't quote me on that.

We as fetishists have been conditioned (by ourselves, usually) to think of pee as a really big deal, but to the average rank and file populace, they don't even give such a thing a second thought. Think of it like this, what's honestly the worst that can come from it? You have an accident, you might get some weird glances from passers-by, some expressions of sympathy. Some might whisper amongst themselves things like "eww", "haha", or "that sucks". But if you carry on like normal, they will too, and by the end of the day they'll regard "that dude that pissed himself" as just another "weird thing I saw while out and about today". Of course, setting and audience matter here too. In that experience you briefly talk about where you had almost wet yourself, I assume the people you were with were friends/family? In which case I would certainly hope they're more understanding than a crowd of strangers! They'd have probably lightheartedly poked fun at your expense on occasion if that happened, but if you can take a joke that shouldn't really be a problem either.

@falschirmjager Interesting, that did also kind of cross my mind.

Part of my shyness too might be I've never witnessed a wetting in person, so I get the feeling - even if it's not accurate - that no one else has ever wet themselves where I live. Well, maybe one girl at the movie theater during the Zootopia jumpscare. Though I guess I haven't been looking for wettings while I'm out and about, for all I know a lot of people in black pants/shorts could have. I'm also afraid people would take pictures and post it everywhere or something, but from what you said they probably wouldn't.

And they were friends/family, and again they acted like it would've been no big deal, while not being insensitive. Maybe there would be some lighthearted poking fun, but only if they were sure I could take it, and would probably try to get me to be able to see it as no big deal if it ever did happen.

5 hours ago, PrincessPeeach said:

I know you mentioned you worry about this happening to you...

Do you feel like you have a lot of close calls? Or times where you feel like you can’t hold it (when you’re not purposefully doing a hold)? 

I think the other thing that happens on here is there are so many stories of close calls or people having an accident that it’s easy to think this is a common occurrence. Aside from purposefully putting yourself in a position where you might have an accident, its not actually thaaaaaat common. The vast majority of people might go most of their adult like without having an accident. 

I do feel there have been a few... well, not as close as I might think cause I know smaller leaks come first and I didn't experience those, there are levels of desperation I only ever know on my holds. I remember there was another time in my teen years I wasn't sure I'd make it but did, and I held it WAY longer than I thought I would without so much as a leak. One of two times were on the road, where if I hit a big bump or pothole I would probably lose it, but fortunately desperation and big bumps haven't yet coincided.

Of course, realistically I have nothing to actually fear from wetting myself in front of friends or family, they won't be mean about it, but it'd still be real embarrassing for me all the same and I still want to avoid it. I ALMOST considered staging a wetting at the park somewhere to test out how bad the reaction would or wouldn't be from the random people there, but decided against it. Though next spring/summer I might wet a pair of pants that don't show wetness over there like I did that one time, this time walking.

That time I heard a girl say she peed her pants in the theater during the Zootopia jumpscare with the tiger or whatever... do you think she really did or was she exaggerating? (a jumpscare near the end of the movie is an easy way to make that happen)