Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

A tummy pillow is a small firm pillow sewn inside a girdle-like garment.  The pillow presses on the bladder area.  In so doing it decreases bladder capacity which causes more frequent and more urgent need to pee.  I've only used a tummy pillow at home.

What are your methods, experiences and thoughts concerning tummy pillows?  Clothing under which you would wear a tummy pillow in public?  Thank you.

On one occasion a doctor put a tummy pillow on me and took xray images to see whether my urine backed up toward my kidneys.  As a teen I used tummy pillows to get a need-to-go feeling and urgent need more quickly.  A good size covers 70% to 80% the distance between hip bones.  It just needs to push your tummy in 2 or 3 cm.  Hopefully, someone will design such a thing that would not show under loose clothing.

I'd hoped "secondary megaureter diagnosis" would bring up a professional term.  Nada.  The radiologist applying the method to me called the device a "torture board."  Probably not a medical term.  Likely the procedure has been completely replaced. 

At any rate, my improvised devices had me peeing frequently and wetting frequently when putting off a pee.  Imagine an 8" wide by 6" tall by 2" thick bean bag attached to a clipboard (clip removed).  Sometimes I tied mine in place with a sash a little below belt level.

Nice. I might try to improvise something myself. I have a large bladder that takes 2.5 hours minimum to fill doing rapid desperation so it would be nice to be able to get desperate quicker at times

It kinda reminds of of back brace that I have used in the past.  I don't ever remember having to go to the bathroom more frequently, but I feel like if you positioned it higher and tightened it more, it might have a similar effect to that of the Tummy Pillow OP mentioned.

You might try one of these if you can't find the pillows.

Side note, I was wearing one of these after I smoked a bowl and I felt like a toothpaste tube being squeezed.