Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Moments in film or on TV where they should have wet themselves but didn't

Has that ever bugged you? Like where someone's tied up for an extended period of time, or, say, hiding inside a snowman for two days (like Rainbow Dash in EqG), and realistically they should've wet themselves but they don't, because the writers didn't think about it, or some kind of physics of fiction? (though they did make an execption in Jessica Jones, but the scene has too dark a tone to appeal to my fetish)

Or even a moment on The Walking Dead where Amy has to pee, she presumably doesn't before she comes out complaining about no toilet paper, then gets bitten by zombies and dies but her pants stay dry. (again, though, even if she did wet herself it would've been too violent to appeal to my fetish)

Probably only those of us with the fetish notice these things.

1 hour ago, Ajax7408 said:

Maybe Dashie was a wearing a diaper 😉

Nice to see someone else familiar with it. Maybe, or maybe she didn't think it through but decided it was worth it for the sneak attack, there's never any real evidence she didn't wet herself, as we never see the crotch of her snow pants (which would probably mostly contain it anyway) in that scene, just her leg sticking out from inside the snowman when she falls over, but it seems all the more likely both those fiction physics and Rule of Funny were in effect and kept her dry just as it kept her warm, energetic, and not hungry.

(I may have got a little overexcited at the idea that she did wet herself though, even though she probably didn't)

Edited by The Dark Wolf (see edit history)

Oh my god yes, it's so infuriating.

Jessica Jones, Trish is chained up for like 24 hours. She's way too much of a flight risk to let go to the bathroom. Malcolm is shown given her water. She's got no bucket or anything. Malcolm is watching her the entire time. Not a single mention of needing to pee. In a show that never shied away from desperation and wetting before.

The Resident Evil series. Basically the premise of every game is "character survives an entire night in zombie territory." There tend to be bathrooms everywhere. Do the characters EVER pee? No. Thing is, there are hundreds of games where nobody ever pees, but in Resident Evil you're with the characters 100% of the time. Most games you can just assume that they popped a squat during time skips, resting, whatever. Not Resident Evil. HOWEVER! This is actually fixed / referenced in the novelizations of the games. In RE1, the S.T.A.R.S pilot says he needs to pee like a racehorse at the end, suggesting that the officers had held it in all night. In RE3, it mentions Carlos changing and cleaning Jill while she was unconcious, so this has kinda been redeemed.

Legend of Korra. Red Lotus has her chained up for fuck knows how long. Just like Trish, way too dangerous to let her out for any reason. Her pants are on the whole time. Never pees.

Just woke up, too tired to think much, but I could come up with like twenty of these at my best. 

13 minutes ago, Bulge_Lover said:

Jessica Jones, Trish is chained up for like 24 hours. She's way too much of a flight risk to let go to the bathroom. Malcolm is shown given her water. She's got no bucket or anything. Malcolm is watching her the entire time. Not a single mention of needing to pee. In a show that never shied away from desperation and wetting before.

So Jessica Jones jumped on the bandwagon then? I guess audiences were too weirded out by the wettings Kilgrave caused. Of course, I couldn't care for those still. Except they threw in a wetting in Endgame, though it wasn't shown, just mentioned.

2 hours ago, Bulge_Lover said:

Oh my god yes, it's so infuriating.

The Resident Evil series. Basically the premise of every game is "character survives an entire night in zombie territory." There tend to be bathrooms everywhere. Do the characters EVER pee? No. Thing is, there are hundreds of games where nobody ever pees, but in Resident Evil you're with the characters 100% of the time. Most games you can just assume that they popped a squat during time skips, resting, whatever. Not Resident Evil. HOWEVER! This is actually fixed / referenced in the novelizations of the games. In RE1, the S.T.A.R.S pilot says he needs to pee like a racehorse at the end, suggesting that the officers had held it in all night. In RE3, it mentions Carlos changing and cleaning Jill while she was unconcious, so this has kinda been redeemed.

Legend of Korra. Red Lotus has her chained up for fuck knows how long. Just like Trish, way too dangerous to let her out for any reason. Her pants are on the whole time. Never pees.

Just woke up, too tired to think much, but I could come up with like twenty of these at my best. 

Doesn't a girl wet the bed in that show?

Guest Omo-Omega

I watched Gerald's Game recently and I've been trying to figure out ever since how she peed. It never got mentioned but I thought I saw a wet patch in one scene, but that easily could've been sweat, or a trick of the light.

1 hour ago, Ajax7408 said:

Doesn't a girl wet the bed in that show?

In the pilot episode, when Kilgrave makes her stay in bed with his persuasion powers. But apparently they departed from wetting scenes later. (Note how @Bulge_Lover said "In a show that never shied away from wetting and desperation before."

I mean, I understand if they think viewers would be weirded out by a wetting (despite so many shows throwing in other NSFW stuff that has no relevance to the plot), I respect people disliking that, but if they want to stay clear of that, then they shouldn't put situations like that in their shows at all, at least not if they establish that peeing is canon. Besides, that didn't stop them from mentioning wettings in Guardians of the Galaxy and Avengers: Endgame. (Not sure if Iron Man 2 counts due to the implied filtration system) And plus I think it's just oversight by the writers not thinking it clearly.

At least with the Rainbow Dash thing we can call Rule of Funny where nothing HAS to make sense (and again it's not 100% confirmed she DIDN'T wet herself, though I doubt she would just for a sneak attack), but what of the Main 6 being locked up without a bathroom for days yet, based on lack of puddles or signs of desperation, never have to pee even once at that time?

There should be a trope for that. (I know there's Bottomless Bladder but it's for other scenarios)

It just happened again in Supernatural. A cheerleader is kidnapped and tied up so her blood can be fed in small amounts to a vampire (that made me a little squeamish). She was kidnapped in the middle of the night, they find her in the middle of the day, and her jeans are completely dry. And there have been wettings in Supernatural, though never explicitly shown, just mentioned. (Like in one episode when a shapeshifter fires a gun or something, one of the female guest stars says "Did anyone else wet themselves?" Another guy even mentions messing his favorite pants when Demon Dean's rampaging or something.) So we know they're not afraid to do it.

19 hours ago, redshirt said:

I watched Gerald's Game recently and I've been trying to figure out ever since how she peed. It never got mentioned but I thought I saw a wet patch in one scene, but that easily could've been sweat, or a trick of the light.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but it is too bad they didn't adapt the book on that particular subject. Stephen King is not shy about peeing and wetting, and there is an extended descrption of the character fighting her need then wetting herself in her sleep in the book.

For the rest, I just think the writers and makers in these shows just don't want to focus on that. Having a character desperate and/or wetting would be logical, but except for us fetichists, it is not important to be featured. if it has a purpose maybe the situation will be mentioned (for example the need to pee of a character making him/her at risk of being discovered if he/she tries to sneak from the hiding spot to the place where they can pee), but if it is just for the intent of being authentic, well, they won't bother deal with that. Depending on the situations, there is also the opportunity to think that the subject is dealt with during the non shown periods (a 24 hour long situation with a character hiding will not be shown during 24 hours, just some selected part will be filmed, so the fact that the character peed or not can be imagined to happen on the other moments)

2 hours ago, aumonier95 said:

For the rest, I just think the writers and makers in these shows just don't want to focus on that. Having a character desperate and/or wetting would be logical, but except for us fetichists, it is not important to be featured. if it has a purpose maybe the situation will be mentioned (for example the need to pee of a character making him/her at risk of being discovered if he/she tries to sneak from the hiding spot to the place where they can pee), but if it is just for the intent of being authentic, well, they won't bother deal with that. Depending on the situations, there is also the opportunity to think that the subject is dealt with during the non shown periods (a 24 hour long situation with a character hiding will not be shown during 24 hours, just some selected part will be filmed, so the fact that the character peed or not can be imagined to happen on the other moments)

So in some situations they could have and it's just never shown or mentioned? (In fiction they do take a lot faster to dry, like if they get wet with water)

Maybe for The Cutie Map, the puddles were "censored" by the animation in the way that the ponies' genitalia are (we know it's probably there since peeing and sex are canon, but we never see it), or how it doesn't show wetness when Summer wet herself in Rick and Morty, or else Starlight cleaned it up with her magic? (Despite my fetish I kind of feel for them but at least it wouldn't be a "wetting", just peeing on the floor in front of each other, they'd probably all look away though)  And EqG Rainbow Dash... well, still Rule of Funny probably kept her dry as it kept her warm. (Unless her pee under her snow pants kept her warm? I don't want to get overexcited about that again unless I know it's most likely)

Of course Transporter 3 did have a desperation scene but no wetting, she lifts her skirt and pees on the floor because the bathroom is out of range of the bomb thing. Anyone into desperation or peeing in places you usually wouldn't probably loved that but it felt unnecessary to me cause I'm into wetting.

More to the drying thing: In Dollhouse I'm pretty sure I saw a wet spot on Echo's shorts after she was imprinted by Alpha (where the other girl imprinted by Alpha that episode even said she wet herself so it makes sense that the same applied to Echo), in a scene perhaps deliberately included in the Season 2 opening sequence, yet she's completely dry in later scenes.

On 11/9/2019 at 2:18 AM, redshirt said:

The girl wets herself three times in the book.  In many of Stephen King's books someone wets him/herself; I have often wondered whether or not he himself has an interest in watersports!

But I agree that there are many, many scenes in movies/television where characters should wet themselves, but rarely do.  These include the scenarios mentioned where someone is tied up for extended periods, scenes where someone is frightened and/or terrified, and even death. Have you ever noticed that no dead body ever has piss stained pants?  But It is a fact that many people wet themselves at the point of death because the bladder, if full, will discharge its contents when the brain stops exercising control.

Jason

58 minutes ago, jason&debbie said:

Have you ever noticed that no dead body ever has piss stained pants?  But It is a fact that many people wet themselves at the point of death because the bladder, if full, will discharge its contents when the brain stops exercising control.

I did hear that, but that's one thing that never seems to apply in fiction. Much like how sound is always heard in space in sci-fi shows but in real life that can't happen. Despite this I find it hard to imagine in any world where peeing is canon, that anyone can hold it for a whole day, or even not HAVE to pee for days.

I saw a couple times (I don't remember them at the moment) mentions in crime shows by the coroner/forensics about the fact that the pants of the cadaver were wet (with some shots on the wet clothes). But, just for the fact that every hostage situation or long hiding situation would always result in desperation and/or wetting, the fact that most death will end up with the cadaver emptying his/her bladder is something that have no interest for the plot and that some viewers might find disgusting so they don't mention that in most cases, and since they just let that idea off, they just don't bother adding stains in the clothes or mentions in dialogs.

in a way thats odd to think people would be bothered by the idea of desperately needing to pee or peeing in clothes while they doesn't really care about violent deaths (the most common situation in crime shows)

I got one I recently watched kill bill vol 1 and after the bride wakes up from her coma and she on a wheelchair goes to the pussy wagon (she stole the keys) she gets into the backseat and has to wait for her legs and feet to regain feeling in them

The film then says 13 hours have passed and to my (messed up) brain she should be desperate for the toilet or she should have wet herself but the film is still really awesome

1 hour ago, randomrobot007 said:

I got one I recently watched kill bill vol 1 and after the bride wakes up from her coma and she on a wheelchair goes to the pussy wagon (she stole the keys) she gets into the backseat and has to wait for her legs and feet to regain feeling in them

The film then says 13 hours have passed and to my (messed up) brain she should be desperate for the toilet or she should have wet herself but the film is still really awesome

She's probably wearing a nappy (unless there's any camera shots that show you otherwise?)

On the similar subject of where adults should have been wearing nappies/diapers in film but weren't, the classic example was Sandra Bullock in Gravity, who really should have had space Pampers on under her spacesuit when she removed it...

Also Natalie Portman in the recent movie about the "diaper-wearing astronaut" which omitted the headline feature. As she said in the linked article, "But I guess I still have a diaper movie in my future to fulfill everyone’s expectations"... let's hold her to that promise 😉

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/09/lucy-in-the-sky-diaper-natalie-portman-1202177252/

10 hours ago, jason&debbie said:

The girl wets herself three times in the book.  In many of Stephen King's books someone wets him/herself; I have often wondered whether or not he himself has an interest in watersports!

I almost want to ask what she was wearing at the time, but being Stephen King book I somehow get the feeling it'll be dark or violent situations we're not allowed to fetishize here anymore, or that I wouldn't want to even if we were.

1 hour ago, The Dark Wolf said:

I almost want to ask what she was wearing at the time, but being Stephen King book I somehow get the feeling it'll be dark or violent situations we're not allowed to fetishize here anymore, or that I wouldn't want to even if we were.

Not exactly. It's not a horror slasher movie, just more of a spooky suspense thing. Woman is tied to bed for sex stuff, husband randomly drops dead, she's trapped there until she escapes. She's wearing a sort of beige nightgown.

7 minutes ago, Bulge_Lover said:

Not exactly. It's not a horror slasher movie, just more of a spooky suspense thing. Woman is tied to bed for sex stuff, husband randomly drops dead, she's trapped there until she escapes. She's wearing a sort of beige nightgown.

I can guess the cause of the wetting now, but still she could have died of starvation if she hadn't escaped, making it a darker scenario. Plus, I read a bit into how she escapes... I don't think it's something I'll ever want to read.

On the lighter side:  In Devil is a Part-Timer, Emilia downs tonic from her home dimension as she stands under Satan's window eavesdropping.  If she was human, her fluid consumption aught to force a pee every 25 or 30 minutes.  I guess being half angel, can transport her pee to her home dimension.  However, Satan's general does repeatedly rush to the bathroom after eating bad udon.