Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Does anyone else wish they were more confident admitting the need to pee?

So earlier this week I had to attend a long meeting. It was one I had arranged with lots of important people and there was stuff that urgently needed sorted. It was slightly strained I have to say because some people didn’t want to be there but had to be and there were a number of difficult discussions that had to be made. I was a major part of it.

The problem was I had been running late all morning and had to take last minute phone calls and deal with urgent emails so I never had a chance to nip to the loo before going into it. I already needed to go but put that down to nerves. 

The meeting was one of those formal ones with agendas and minutes and dragged on and on. I was getting increasingly uncomfortable and nerves made me dry so I drank more water. I had my legs crossed, then bouncing my knee then wriggling on my chair and so forth. I don’t want to be obvious I was bursting but then again I actually couldn’t sit still even if I wanted to. 

I had  formal dress wear on as I wanted to give the impression of being professional and in control. 
i ended up sweating which made me drink more and I was so bursting. Yes I couldn’t find the confidence to just say ‘could we pause for a few minutes please so I can nip to the bathroom.’ I bet if I had others would have been very grateful fir the break too. But I just didn’t have the confidence despite the fact I know we all need to pee and it’s just a normal function. 
is anyone else unable to find the confidence in a situation like this? 
Has anyone else experienced a time when they wish they had just been able to say ‘look I really really need to pee. Can I just take a few minutes break?’ 

Absolutely! Very relatable, especially when in any kind of official or fancy setting..

I think I'd rather bit my tongue off while trying to hold it in than asking for the toilet at, say.. a formal dinner!

When with some friends it'll be more easy to admit you're having a very full bladder, but I'd only be comfortable sharing the fact jokingly.. "Hey you guys, I could do with a p-pause 'cause..' etc, etc. 

It is funny isn't it that such a normal, natural thing can be so hard to share.. 

Guest MelodicDesire

I do that all the time, as with my movie story (i've mentioned it on a few threads) the only reason I didn't go to the toilet is because I'd have to walk in front of the screen and I didn't want to be a bother. 

5 hours ago, TeaPlease said:

I do wish it were easier to interrupt with such a reasonable request. Your story reminds of me of some really torturous evening meetings, in an old job. So hard to concentrate! 

Yes it absolutely is and made me forget some crucial information which is annoying. 

5 hours ago, TeaPlease said:

I do wish it were easier to interrupt with such a reasonable request. Your story reminds of me of some really torturous evening meetings, in an old job. So hard to concentrate! 

I’d love to hear about those meetings if you feel comfortable doing so. 

47 minutes ago, Mbgpeelover said:

Yes it absolutely is and made me forget some crucial information which is annoying. 

I’d love to hear about those meetings if you feel comfortable doing so. 

Of course! I’ll try and find some time to write about them, can’t promise it’ll be soon but I’ll do my best. The formality and the smart clothes in your story reminded me of them. I can’t remember much about the proceedings, but I vividly remember tapping my foot up and down, my suit feeling quite restrictive on a full bladder! 

47 minutes ago, New_Macca said:

Yes I can completely relate to this. I was thinking about it and I don’t think I have ever been for a pee during a a school class, during a meeting at work or during a movie in the cinema no matter how desperate as just would never ask or just get up and go

so what happened in your situation? How long did you have to wait?

The meeting eventually ended and I got to run to the ladies. Very boring really but it was a very very close call and I was very very relieved afterwards! 

Guest Staravia

The only times I have had this wish, is during conference meetings over Skype or similar. It seems that when are on a conference call, the requirement for breaks diminishes. I have known meetings to go for several hours before a break be called for. 

Mbgpeelover, Oh yes I have been there , done that, even though I was worried during the last excruciatingly long hour that I might pee some in my pants. 

I didn't wet, but rushed to the single unesex toilet as soon as the meeting ended where I was about fifth in the que. I could make no sign of my desperation. When it was my turn, I had one of the longest, hardest pees in my life. Later I wondered if any of the people outside the door could hear me peeing forever.

I have always been really shy about admitting that I need to go and I've found myself in some really desperate situations because of it. In school I would often find myself stuck in lessons absolutely bursting to piss but I was always too shy to ask permission and would hold on until the end even if I was extremely desperate to go. When working in retail I was always too shy to ask for somebody to cover me so I could go and would often hold on for hours until my allocated break time or after closing. I'm not as shy as I used to be but even now at work I still find it difficult to admit that I need a quick loo break and will usually hold my bladder until the end of a long meeting or conference call.