Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Is anyone else irrationally afraid of having an accident?

Guest Delete me

Guest Delete me

If so, do you think this kink helps or makes it worse?

I am already easily embarrassed, and wetting myself is almost the most humiliating situation I can imagine, so every time I go out, I anxiously ruminate about where I can find a bathroom and if I will make it there.

I think this is part of the reason I love omo so much, as some kind of coping mechanism. Reading a nice story with a sweet aftercare scene does give me a kind of emotional relief, a feeling that even if you embarrass yourself people will still like you, but I don't think thinking about people pissing themselves all the time is making me less anxious.

I believe it helps. It's easier to cope with the huge embarrassment of a real wetting accidents, if/when it happens. You know how they say. Practice makes perfect. You know somehow what to expect when it happens and when it's over and you're somewhere safe, you can relive all that in your mind and enjoy thinking about the moment when it happened. It's some kind of closure, making enjoyable moment out of bad memories. 

When I started to enjoy omo, it became easier to cope with real accidents for me. 

The entire time I was growing up, I had an irrational fear of wetting myself.  This, coupled with pee shyness, led to the fear almost consuming my every day thoughts.  What I didn't know at the time was that those were intrusive thoughts and I have clinical OCD (and years and years later I'd discover I'm on the spectrum too, which also can contribute to repetitive thoughts on its own).  I was terrified that one day, when unable to use the school bathrooms, I'd have a humiliating accident.  I was bullied pretty severely in 2nd and 3rd grade and my entire life became about avoiding that recurring.  I'd moved to a new town where I was finally accepted and the last thing I needed was to be the "pee-accident girl."  That kind of shit spreads like wildfire and can follow someone's entire school career.  I know this because it happened to a friend of mine and she ended up being homeschooled after that year because she couldn't take the shame.  I was hyperfocused on it.  I knew where the bathrooms were at any given time, not that I'd be able to use them, but it still made me feel better.  I went to the bathroom every single time I left the house, even if it was ten minutes after my last trip.  Hey, that was ten minutes that I just bought myself.  I trained myself not to drink during the day so that I wouldn't be at risk for an accident at school.  To this day, I have trouble adequately hydrating myself because I got used to not drinking anything at all.  This fear didn't start dissipating until I was in college and there were breaks enough during my schedule that I could go back to my dorm and pee if I needed to.  I also began taking medication for OCD that I credit for helping me relax my focus.  

I found omo when I was twelve (and how I felt after my friend had her accident in class made A LOT more sense haha).  It did not contribute one way or the other to my hyperfocus.  It felt almost like it was separate from the problem.  I could get off to it while still be terrified it would happen to me, but not any more so than I'd already been.  

Nah. This'll probably sound like bragging, but my bladder is simply too large to ever reach the point of an accident, so I never worry about it. Unless I intentionally overhydrate for a hold, I literally don't produce enough urine in a day to cause an accident. I might end up bursting somewhere around midnight but on all practical levels, I'm safe.

As someone who wishes desperately that I could have a real accident at my absolute limit someday, this is an unwanted superpower.

I also have the problem of absolutely hating the feeling of "just kind of" having to pee. Being desperate feels amazing, but that nagging sensation at about 50% full is the most annoying thing ever. It's like, "Bladder, you're in no way in danger. Just shut the hell up you little bulbous bastard."

17 hours ago, youromofantasy said:

The entire time I was growing up, I had an irrational fear of wetting myself.  This, coupled with pee shyness, led to the fear almost consuming my every day thoughts.  What I didn't know at the time was that those were intrusive thoughts and I have clinical OCD (and years and years later I'd discover I'm on the spectrum too, which also can contribute to repetitive thoughts on its own).  I was terrified that one day, when unable to use the school bathrooms, I'd have a humiliating accident.  I was bullied pretty severely in 2nd and 3rd grade and my entire life became about avoiding that recurring.  I'd moved to a new town where I was finally accepted and the last thing I needed was to be the "pee-accident girl."  That kind of shit spreads like wildfire and can follow someone's entire school career.  I know this because it happened to a friend of mine and she ended up being homeschooled after that year because she couldn't take the shame.  I was hyperfocused on it.  I knew where the bathrooms were at any given time, not that I'd be able to use them, but it still made me feel better.  I went to the bathroom every single time I left the house, even if it was ten minutes after my last trip.  Hey, that was ten minutes that I just bought myself.  I trained myself not to drink during the day so that I wouldn't be at risk for an accident at school.  To this day, I have trouble adequately hydrating myself because I got used to not drinking anything at all.  This fear didn't start dissipating until I was in college and there were breaks enough during my schedule that I could go back to my dorm and pee if I needed to.  I also began taking medication for OCD that I credit for helping me relax my focus.  

I found omo when I was twelve (and how I felt after my friend had her accident in class made A LOT more sense haha).  It did not contribute one way or the other to my hyperfocus.  It felt almost like it was separate from the problem.  I could get off to it while still be terrified it would happen to me, but not any more so than I'd already been.  

Sounds very similar to my past. Not necessarily irrational  for me as I'd had several elementary school accidents but entering middle and high school I was very intent on not repeating to the point where I also had a hyperfocus on my bladder all day long.

I am absolutely terrified of wetting myself in front of anyone. I know I do it for fun all the time and can say so here under the anonymity of my account, but if anyone saw me peeing myself I don't know if I'd ever get over it. Though I have heard a lot of stories about people who didn't enjoy it at the time but love looking back at it. I know I fantasize about pee accidents all the time and usually they're feeling better by the end of it, but I don't know if it'd be that easy for me. If it ever did happen to me then I'd know, but I hope it doesn't, although I'm sure most people I know wouldn't hate me or make fun of me for it. Sometimes I wonder if my fear of it is a sort of mirror of the fetish aspect of it for me, or vice versa.

But there are people who can laugh it off or simply not mind it a whole lot? I've heard quite a few stories about that. Maybe I'm just one of the ones who's really afraid of that kind of thing and would be super-humiliated about it.

On 10/23/2019 at 6:58 PM, youromofantasy said:

I know this because it happened to a friend of mine and she ended up being homeschooled after that year because she couldn't take the shame.

Is she all right now? Either way I'm really sorry to hear that. 😢

Edited by The Dark Wolf (see edit history)

I'm not sure that I'm irrationally afraid, because wetting myself in public where other people could see would be absolutely awful. I do think omorashi makes me think about it more often, particularly if my bladder is tired from holding (which means urges come on quickly). But in a way, it's a good thing. I have a really good understanding of how my bladder fills up when I drink liquids, and I'm able to plan accordingly in a way that other people might not.

I started off with that fear, and I think it's a large part of what led to having this fetish. After a few incidents that were way too close for comfort, I always made sure that I took advantage of every possible opportunity to relieve myself. Especially in school and on car trips. I feared if I missed even one opportunity that I'd be put into a predicament that I couldn't control and be in real trouble.

This started around the time I was going through puberty, and at the same time I was learning that girls didn't have the same "equipment" for peeing that I did. That led to my imagination going crazy and I started to obsess over the different ways that men and women held their pee. I was convinced that women's anatomy made them more prone to peeing accidents than men, and I was starting to develop a more sexual interest in girls, so my interest slowly shifted to that rather than obsessing over the fear that I would wet myself.

As I've gotten older and experimented with doing long holds, I've actually realized that true emergencies are a lot harder to get into than I thought. I learned that after being at a 7 or an 8 for a while, I've still got an hour or two left in me. So, in a weird way, my interest in omo exposed me to enough holding to cure the irrational fear that started the interest in the first place.

Edited by surrealexp (see edit history)
5 hours ago, surrealexp said:

As I've gotten older and experimented with doing long holds, I've actually realized that true emergencies are a lot harder to get into than I thought. I learned that after being at a 7 or an 8 for a while, I've still got an hour or two left in me. So, in a weird way, my interest in omo exposed me to enough holding to cure the irrational fear that started the interest in the first place.

I actually did go through something similar. I've done long holds, intending to hold to bursting point, but most I was able to achieve within an hour or two was some involuntary leaks before I lost my patience, but at the same time I reached levels of desperation I'd never known before, so in this way, having the kink did help because now I have a better idea of what it's like to get closer to wetting yourself (and it must take longer to get to that point when you're NOT drinking more than you would when not on a hold), and even then there will be leaks first which can be easy to hide depending on the situation and what you're wearing.

I've been at the point where I'm as desperate as I ever get when not on a hold, I've even tried to force some involuntary leaks but I have to be more desperate than that.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to, when I was a kid and a teen, I was generally shy but also very pee shy and wetting myself would have been one of the most humiliating thing. I don't know how it became an irrationnal fear since I don't even remember wetting myself as a kid. One thing that made it worse was having a serious UTI at 7 years old that gave me frequent urges to pee and made me worried about finding a bathroom. Now that I'm an adult and actually tried long holds, I'm no longer afraid since I know that I can hold all day easily if I don't drink a lot of diuretic drinks. I never got patient enough to hold to the point of having an accident because the pain becomes really bad after some point and it kills the mood. In my daily life I don't enjoy holding, I'm just interested un other people's omorashi but I'm glad I have a large bladder capacity ! 

On 10/26/2019 at 12:03 PM, surrealexp said:

I was convinced that women's anatomy made them more prone to peeing accidents than men

this was the exact opposite for me! I was convinced that girls never got desperate because I only saw boys/men running off to go behind a tree but in the same exact situations (long car rides, little league games, etc) the girls never had that emergency pee

But, what's been on my mind for a bit since discovering this site: Is our fear actually irrational? Is it really not as bad as we think? (though it would still be pretty embarrassing to many of us) I've heard stories here of people thinking of it as no big deal or laughing it off, even overheard a few stories in real life like a girl casually telling someone she peed her pants once.

At primary school I had an intense fear that I would wet myself, which in retrospect was part of the generalised anxiety I have experienced throughout my life

I think to some extent starting to deliberately hold, and more so, enjoying it was my way of taking control of the situation

as others have said,  I can now hold to the point of extreme pain and not lose control, so in reality at this stage in my life there is no real danger that I ever would wet myself 

41 minutes ago, BladderLad said:

I think to some extent starting to deliberately hold, and more so, enjoying it was my way of taking control of the situation

yes! THIS!!! except mine was never deliberate. my school had really strict bathroom rules (which I didn't learn could possibly be changed if I had gone to a parent or gotten a doctor's note until much later in life 🤯). they told us we could only go at lunch unless it was an emergency but we couldn't have an emergency every day and on half days since there was no lunch there was no bathrooms. but I feel like over the years I started enjoying the sweating, shaking and heart racing to cope with the pain

When I was 10 or 11 I had severe anxiety, brought on by the stress of my parents splitting up. I kid you not, my anxiety manifested itself as a fear of having a public accident. It started as a passing thought in the car one day "what if I have to go to the bathroom but none is available?" This was the tiny spark that started a forest fire. Soon, I became so extremely scared that it would make me physically sick to my stomach to be anywhere where a bathroom was unavailable, especially cars. Being sick to my stomach would in turn, exaggerate my need to go to the bathroom, increasing my worry exponentially. I got to a point where I wasn't able to be somewhere without bathroom access for more than 20 minutes. I actually believed that I couldn't hold it for longer than 20 minutes, even though when I was at home I didn't go nearly as often. How did I get through it? well, I started with small steps, going for a car ride for 2 blocks, then a few more blocks. Over a few months I gradually increased the distance until my limit was an hour. After that I eventually reached a breakthrough point, where I finally realized my true limits and could ride in a car without worry, so long as I went to the bathroom immediately before getting in the car. As the stress died down, so did my anxiety, until it was nothing more than a memory.

I think that my anxiety was probably a big influence in the development of this fetish for me, as I started to develop this fetish when I was around that age. It was probably the taboo aspect of it, the thought of doing the very thing that I was most terrified of was very intriguing to me.

Yes, as well as getting irrational when someone is acting desperate around me. If it's someone I don't want to see desperate I tend to not respond or walk away from sheer anxiety. But if it's someone I might be interested in it excites me and I have to keep that emotion contained and try my best to stay composed. But more on being terrified of my own public desperation, I've been like that ever since I remember and I don't see it changing anytime soon. I've never done a wetting either non intentionally or purposefully nor do I plan on it in my future. 

• 3 months later...