Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

I Forced A Bot To Read Over 1000 Omorashi Stories

Okay, so despite being a degree-holding computer scientist, I know like zilch about the nitty gritty of modern AI, but while this story would probably trigger a "this was written by a computer" vibe even without the disclaimer, it actually has a certain charm I'm not sure many human writers could have pulled off...

And now I'm reminded that I'd love to train a story writing AI on my own writings to see what it produces... So Katy, is the AI that produced this something anyone can download an untrained version of, feed an archive of text files, and see what it spits out?

1 hour ago, Imouto Kitten said:

Okay, so despite being a degree-holding computer scientist, I know like zilch about the nitty gritty of modern AI, but while this story would probably trigger a "this was written by a computer" vibe even without the disclaimer, it actually has a certain charm I'm not sure many human writers could have pulled off...

And now I'm reminded that I'd love to train a story writing AI on my own writings to see what it produces... So Katy, is the AI that produced this something anyone can download an untrained version of, feed an archive of text files, and see what it spits out?

I’m gonna make an educated guess that this wasn’t actually written by an AI, but by a human pretending to be one. If not, I’m impressed because there’s a degree of continuity between sentences that I don’t typically see in machine-generated text. Katy can confirm (or remain coy), but I think this is a work of art and parody.

It’s... funny and different. Experimental. And strangely more eloquent than some fap stories I see...

So, as people have said, I wrote this myself. :) Though I’m glad that I was almost convincingly a computer! Reverse Turing test :p

There is a joke you see around Twitter, and other social networks, I imagine, where you write a story/screenplay in the style of a neural network. @kruton ‘s links are great for people interested. I used the GPT-2 model to get in the right headspace, though it didn’t actually write any of it, neural networks struggle with developing a plot at this stage. 

I don't want to be a killjoy, but frankly the passage about Stretch Armstrongs was a dead giveaway that it wasn't really neural network written. Neural networks aren't able to stitch together items and definitions or descriptors for those items on their own, so a bot wouldn't be describe a Stretch Armstrong toy so accurately unless one of the stories it was trained on was also about Stretch Armstrongs for some reason. Also, sentence fragments and redundant phrases aren't as common as they are in this story, since after a while a neural network will learn to structure sentences like the base material does. And like Weasel said, bot-written stories are more likely to go off on a tangent and derail the plot entirely.

That said, I'm a big fan of that Aiweirdness site so I wouldn't mind seeing more like this. If someone was able to download a neural network and fiddle around with it enough to actually generate omo stories, that would be fun too. Or a regular story with people using metaphors and Stretch Armstrong toys as plot elements.

Edited by HaHaTimeForOmo
forgot the most important part of the story-Stretch Armstrong (see edit history)
  • 1 month later...
On 10/21/2019 at 2:02 PM, WaityKaty said:

”Are you peeing?” Sonja was curious and glad that Lara didn’t pee in her car. She liked her car more than yoga. And Lara. Not more than puns though.

On 10/21/2019 at 2:02 PM, WaityKaty said:

”You are a puddle.” Sonja was gleeful because her car was not a puddle. And because she liked metaphors. “But now I need to pee also.”

I liked this story more than skiing. Not as much as chess though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2019 at 5:46 PM, Bulge_Lover said:

It's a joke based on Harry Potter and the Portrait of What Looked Like a Large Pile of Ash. It was a huge undertaking, no individual person could pull off having a bot do this unless we're talking about a Bill Gates type. Still clever and fun though.

For the uninitiated: 

Large Pile of Ash wasn't literally written by a bot, someone just fed a predictive keyboard the Harry Potter book and then used it to write a story. You can try it yourself at the Botnik home page. I tried feeding it Extra History transcripts, but only had a few to work with, so I couldn't write a whole episode.  It did have a few funny ideas, though, such as using a year when it needed a number so that the Japanese sunk 1814 or whatever ships 😛.