Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Involuntary accidents leaving you feeling guilty/humiliated?

Turns really says it all but for background info, two nights ago I was dealing with a great bit of stress and having nightmares and ended up wetting the bed. My fiance luckily wasn't in bed at the time, but he found out about it when I tried to hide it. I felt super humiliated cause I didn't want that to happen. It took me most of the day to get over it and it really tore me down mentally.

Last night was the same thing (nightmares and such, not reoccuring), but luckily I was wearing a pull-up and it didn't leak, though I did wake my fiance yo and tell him what happened. I still felt super humiliated and guilty about what happened and I'm scared to sleep without protection anymore.

Has anyone ever dealt with the same thing? Not just bed wettings, but involuntary accident in general. How did you end up accepting it and moving on?

Prostate issues caused me to start losing control occasionally in my mid thirties. It has caused strife, humiliation and at times depression. Time and understanding friends have helped the most. Ten years later the best thing for me has been some of the connections I've made here.  Humiliation still is there but doesn't bother me as much.

When it all comes down to it....it is a not a controllable in our situation. You can't beat yourself up too badly over what you cannot control. 

I guess I've also gotten better at hiding accidents, preparing for accidents with changes of clothes, pullups in precarious situations.

I'm sorry you are feeling that way. I hope you can find some peace soon. I wish I could help more.

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulty.  Involuntary accidents when the time and place aren't right, are just unpleasant.  I think the thing to do is identify the sources of stress you're under and try and take action to mitigate them if possible.  Also limiting your fluid intake in the evening might be a good idea as well as regular toilet visits, especially one last thing before bed.  

5 hours ago, Adrian6970wc said:

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulty.  Involuntary accidents when the time and place aren't right, are just unpleasant.  I think the thing to do is identify the sources of stress you're under and try and take action to mitigate them if possible.  Also limiting your fluid intake in the evening might be a good idea as well as regular toilet visits, especially one last thing before bed.  

And as mentioned above, wear a diaper or pad when you may be away from a toilet for a while.  I use a pad in my briefs when I travel, just in case.  It's not noticeable and I've never actually had to pee in it, but the peace of mind makes my trips more comfortable.  

I have involuntary accidents basically all my life, because I get a strong urge to pee and in worst cases even have an accident if something scares me bad enough or if I get very nervous. It happens less often since I grew up, but it still happens and it's probably even more embarrassing than it use to be when I was younger. I just got ticker skin over the years and now I can cope with the embarrassment better. I also developed omo fetish in my teens and that helps as well.

I'm really sorry to hear that and I hope things can get better for you. If not the bedwetting itself, then at least being able to not be super-humiliated about it. I know I'd feel the same if something like that ever happened to me, which it hasn't and I hope it never does. I'm at least assuming your fiance wasn't mean about it when he found out?

And you don't really have to feel guilty since you couldn't control it, but of course the humiliation can be hard to get by and I hope you do.

• 5 months later...

How did he react to your accident? I hope he was loving and comforting. It's what you deserve. Especially if you're into omo, he should learn to embrace it for you. Even if it's something he doesn't really enjoy. And it's okay for him not to be into omo, but if he loves you he should do it for you sometimes regardless or at least support you enjoying omo so you can continue to enjoy it