Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Underused characters

If we're just talking any character that should have more omo work, I've believed that an artist or especially writer could fill their plate for a very long time never going outside the bounds of the Suikoden series. Each game introduces 108 new characters, give or take a few for a couple holdovers and new characters not part of the Stars of Destiny, there's 7 entries that follow that character rule (6 available in English) with a couple extra spin-offs with maybe a few new characters, and the games are good about having a strong female presence. I don't really count, but according to that tier list I did a week ago, Suikoden I alone has 25 girls in the Stars, 3 more outside the Stars, about half of them are cute, and half of that are really really cute. This is also a series that's been around for close to 25 years, did quite well in Japan and has a fanbase elsewhere. Yet, I've found two people that have made Suikoden omo spanning anywhere in the series, and one of those people is me.

However, if the question is scenarios where omo is a logical fit and it shocks that none exists, I've said for years that Kiznaiver fits flawlessly. It's an anime where 6 teenagers undergo an experiment that links their senses of pain to test if all of humanity could link pain and therefore become more empathetic, which evolves into sharing painful emotions and harsh secrets. Aside from it being really good, the elements are all there. They share pain, so if one needs to pee, they all feel it. The pain is split 6 ways, so none of them would even realistically notice their need until it got incredibly bad, or more than one has a full bladder. As tensions rise when none of them want to admit they're the one that can't hold it, someone accidentally lets slip that they're enjoying it. It's a natural leap, and the only reason I think it's unexplored is that it would require juggling 6 characters.