Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

My first close call

This is my first post, thought I would tell you all about a close call I had at work the other day - the first I’ve ever had as an adult. I’ve never really enjoyed anything more than feeling mild desperation (I will put off going to the toilet because I’m busy/too comfy etc but by the point I need to start bobbing around a bit or jigging my legs up and down I go, so although there have been times I’ve been held up, I’ve always got to the toilet way before peak desperation.)

The other day at work (I work in an open plan office) I had a pretty non stop day so by the time I reached mid afternoon I hadn’t had chance to nip to the loo, and I was really feeling it. I had started to jiggle my legs and was shifting in my seat quite a bit and knew I had a meeting coming up that would last for about an hour so was desperate to get to the toilet beforehand. 

I was about to stand up to go when my office phone rang. I considered leaving it for a second but picked it up. The person calling is well known in our company for being friendly and chatty (usually it’s great to get a phone call from him but that day I really, really didn’t need it). While we were talking I had to subtly put  my other hand between my legs which I’ve never done in public since I was a child, the slight pressure making me feel better.

As soon as we hung up  I stood up but my manager, spotting me from across the office, called over to remind me about the meeting and saying she was heading there now. Any other time I would have toughed it out and gone with her but I was past the point of desperation I usually let myself get to and really didn’t want to let myself sit for another hour. She rolled her eyes a bit when I said I was just dashing to the toilet but would be 2 minutes.

I dashed out of the office and made a bee line for the loo, praying I wouldn’t bump into anyone. I held my pass up to the door that would let me through to the section of the building I needed. Nothing. I tried again. Nothing. The cards glitching was a common problem, so I headed straight for the main reception taking the stairs two at a time. My words felt like they were spilling over each other as I explained to security that my card wouldn’t work, but thankfully he gave me a master card quickly. I’d had to resist the urge to hold myself while he found the card.

By now I was so out of my comfort zone and a little bit panicked. I probably would have been fine if I’d stayed sitting at my desk but being close to getting to go had increased how desperate I was. I reached the toilets, almost slamming the cubicle door shut behind me and went straight to untie the knot that did my trousers up. 

It. Would. Not. Move. I started to dance around the tiny cubicle like a small child while I tried frantically to get the knot undone. Being right in front of the toilet had pushed me to critical level and I kept having to stop dancing/working on the knot to squeeze myself hard. At one point I had both hands on the wall of the cubicle whilst scissoring my legs fast, trying literally everything I could to hold it. FINALLY I got the knot undone, ripped my trousers down and let go. I was almost panting, and it felt so, so good. I was reminded of the times as a kid/teenager when I’d been in the exact same situation, bursting and frantically trying to undo a belt or a stuck zip. 

I realised this had taken much longer than the two minutes I’d told my manager I’d be, so rushed to the meeting, a bit flustered and actually more than a little bit turned on.