Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

35-40% of adults still sleep with a stuffie

Survey: 4 In 10 Adult Americans Still Sleep With Teddy Bear: https://www.studyfinds.org/teddy-bears-stuffed-animals-adults/

OVER A THIRD OF BRITISH ADULTS STILL SLEEP WITH A TEDDY BEAR: https://www.travelodge.co.uk/press-centre/press-releases/OVER-THIRD-BRITISH-ADULTS-STILL-SLEEP-TEDDY-BEAR

This was honestly quite shocking to me. One survey even had 25% of male responders say they take their teddy bear with them on business trips!

I've never met an adult who admitted to sleeping with a cuddly toy, but it's not really something you talk about openly, is it?

Personally, my mom has my childhood teddy bear stuck in a box somewhere in the attic. I also recently found another bear I had as a kid, a mascot for the 2000 European Soccer Championships (!?) But I've never considered sleeping with them as an adult.

Do you think it's psychologically healthy for adults to hold onto their childhood stuffed animal? Are there really more "littles" out there than anyone suspected, or is sleeping with a teddy bear the only infantile things these adults enjoy?

Mine is a kitty cat, not a teddy.  It's pretty much the actual size and shape of a cat and looks very life-like... whoever made it did a fantastic job.  I've had it since 2000 and cuddle it every night.  It's been washed several times but still looks great. 

For me though it's definitely more of an added comfort or anxiety comfort thing, not an inner-child thing per se.  I had lots of Disney and Care Bear plushies as a little kid but none at all in teen years. 

It does seem to help me to fall asleep easier, so yeah, I can see why some would want to take theirs on trips.  And that's cool.  Nothing to be embarrassed about.

It's not hurting anyone, I don't think. 

I have several stuffed animals, though less than when I was a child. I kept all the ones that have sentimental value. Most are in a container in my closet. My favorite, a rabbit, stays on my bed all the time. I hug him when I'm anxious or cant sleep or just woke up from a nightmare. I've had him since I was a baby. But I don't take him on trips. 

On 8/12/2019 at 4:57 PM, nightwind said:

Mine is a kitty cat, not a teddy.  It's pretty much the actual size and shape of a cat and looks very life-like... whoever made it did a fantastic job.  I've had it since 2000 and cuddle it every night.  It's been washed several times but still looks great. 

For me though it's definitely more of an added comfort or anxiety comfort thing, not an inner-child thing per se.  I had lots of Disney and Care Bear plushies as a little kid but none at all in teen years. 

It does seem to help me to fall asleep easier, so yeah, I can see why some would want to take theirs on trips.  And that's cool.  Nothing to be embarrassed about.

Mines a kitty too, have had it since i was a toddler

3 hours ago, Kei said:

A plushie?

More like dozens of plushies.

Ikr? I have too many to count

• 2 weeks later...