Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Average speaking, how fast a girl pees compared with a man.

It should be a common sense that girls pee much faster than men. But is there any statistics that how fast a girl pees compared with a man.

I used to pee for about 3 min to empty a full bladder (tried my best to hold it in for an one hour and a half class, almost wet myself during the class). But it is rare to see a girl peeing for one min, even she is on the edge of wetting herself.

I guess girls can pee 3 or 4 times of volumn as a man can given same duration.

While I don't know the mechanisms behind it, living in flat where my bedroom shared a wall with the only bathroom I can say it certainly seems like women pee a lot faster. Women I've flat shared with sounded like they had a shorter but harder stream, while men seemed to have a gentler but longer stream.

I only have a sample size of a dozen or so though for that, so it may just be random chance that that's been the case for all the women and men I've lived with, and as with anything else there are bound to be exceptions

56 minutes ago, liesjeversteven said:

I've read an article once that stated that all mammals, male and female, pee for 21 seconds on average.

I have heard that too. 

When writing "urine flow rate" on Google, search results seem to say that men pee little "faster", for example :

23 ml/sec max and 13 ml/sec average for male
and
22 ml/sec max and 12 ml/sec average for female

But at least, with my personal experience, as far as I can say, I would say that womem pee faster than men, but Google seem to say opposite. But my experience doesn't cover very many persons although. 

" And yeah, the only effect men having longer urethras should have on anything is a longer delay between breaking the seal and the first drops escaping and a longer delay between last drops exiting the bladder and exiting the body. All else equal, flow rate should be the same. "

Speaking as an engineer, that's not exactly true.  Longer pipes have higher resistance to flow.  With the same inlet pressure, you will get more water (and a longer arc) out of a 50-foot garden hose than out of a 100-foot garden hose. 

Speaking anecdotally as someone into this, I can testify that my wife pees about twice as fast and twice as hard as I do, and furthermore there are videos of women who can pee an arc around 20 feet while I've never seen a man achieve more than 10.  (Admittedly, I haven't searched for male distance peeing so they could be out there.)

Now, I've also seen plenty of videos of women who pee quite slowly.  Whether that's due to a smaller urethra, lower bladder pressure, or something else I couldn't say.  So maybe the average rate is about the same, but I'm willing to bet that the fastest women pee-ers will outdo the fastest men by a good margin.

I've seen mixed studies, including the one cited above in which the men had a higher flow rate, but most sources state that women indeed have a higher flow rate. The average isn't that much higher, though, and keep in mind that there are a lot of factors that affect this depending on how you slice the data - men tend to see a much greater decrease in flow with age what with prostate issues etc. Also flow for everybody tends to increase with volume (up to a point) so the exact numbers depend a lot on how the test is done, as well.

In my own experience I've seen a surprisingly large number of videos in which women sustain an average of 50, 60, 70 ml/s over the course of emptying their bladder. Which would be a high maximum in a lot of studies. The feeling I get is that while the averages for most people may not be that dissimilar, the upper tier of peeing power for women is pretty much unmatched. 

(Also, anecdotally, women can pee farther than men if properly positioned!)

There's a surprising amount of research on this topic.  Looking at it I can only gather that max/mean flow rate varies a great deal between individuals and that men and women are similar on average.

Here's one study:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2808647/

Also try searching "uroflowmetry nomogram" on Google images - that seems to be the standard graph to present urine flow rates and it will bring up graphs from a number of different studies.

Edited by madalu
spelling (see edit history)
On 8/13/2019 at 6:38 AM, Mister_P said:

In my own experience I've seen a surprisingly large number of videos in which women sustain an average of 50, 60, 70 ml/s over the course of emptying their bladder. Which would be a high maximum in a lot of studies. The feeling I get is that while the averages for most people may not be that dissimilar, the upper tier of peeing power for women is pretty much unmatched. 

Yeah, I've seen these examples, which do seem to suggest a high rate of flow for some women. I don't tend to watch male wetting videos, but I'd be surprised if such volumes can be matched.

I've also seen stories of women with urge incontinence who have the issue that they wet so forcefully when they have an accident that it's beyond the absorbency rate of their nappy, and so they leak. When someone has such an episode I guess it's a full bladder emptying at high pressure, which maximises the rate of flow that she's capable of, making such an outcome more likely.

" ‘Normal’ flow There is great variation in uroflowmetry parameters even in the non-symptomatic population [5] , although flow curves are generally repeatable for the same patient. In particular, there are no definitive ‘normal’ ranges for Q max , although it decreases with age and voided volume (but not in a directly proportional manner). Males aged < 40 years usually have a Q max of > 25 mL/s, and females usually have a Q max of 5–10 mL/s more than males at a given bladder volume. "

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1111/bju.11617