Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Existing user? Sign In

Sign In



Or sign in with one of these services

Sign Up

TV News Reporters


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are a few clips I've saved from live news streams, where the mics/cameras have picked up the reporters talking about needing to find a bathroom or how badly they need to pee.   Firstly a v

No desperation shown here, but at 13:45 she talks about almost peeing her pants during morning live shots.  This reporter is very open and honest in her vlogs and actually has several videos wher

In the following live stream at around 6:34:45, one of the reporters standing up in front of the cameras says something about being sat down for 6 hours and how she has to pee, but its hard to hear ex

Posted Images

"Reporter covering a breaking news story in a residential area for hours in the rain with nowhere to pee: "I need a Kleenex and a gas station" (much later on a resident offers to let her use his bathroom).


A reporter in the UK waiting for hours for a news conference to start outside a prison, closest toilets are a long walk away: "I've needed the loo for like, the last hour". A while later they are told that the conference won't start until later and she runs off to the closest loo. "

 

how do you know the full context? these are short 10-20 second clips

 

Link to post
2 hours ago, Gregory10031 said:

I've heard women reporters say one of the hardest part of their job is finding a place to  go to the bathroom when they're covering a story - I guess this confirms that 

Yeah that's right but problem is here is that they are always behind the camera, where we should be seeing them pee dancing. Now that's news

Link to post
On 8/3/2019 at 7:11 AM, daniel2 said:

how do you know the full context? these are short 10-20 second clips

I cut the clips from longer videos that news channels streamed to Facebook and YouTube, but there isn't much to see apart from the short clips I captured. 

8 hours ago, Gregory10031 said:

Some of the reporters are desperate in front of the cameras too

I've never seen that myself but would be interesting to watch! I think most reporters would try to stay professional even if they were desperate and not let on to the viewers that they have to pee.

On 8/3/2019 at 3:37 PM, Gregory10031 said:

I've heard women reporters say one of the hardest part of their job is finding a place to  go to the bathroom when they're covering a story - I guess this confirms that 

I've heard the same, especially if they are stuck at a scene during a morning show doing live hits every 20 mins or so with no bathrooms nearby, or are sitting in a live truck for hours with nowhere to go. Its a tough job and I certainly couldn't do it. 

Link to post
  • 3 months later...

In the following live stream at around 6:34:45, one of the reporters standing up in front of the cameras says something about being sat down for 6 hours and how she has to pee, but its hard to hear exactly what she says. She then says 'hope everyone's getting that on their mics, my bladder update'. 

https://youtu.be/d6SSz52l0z8?t=23685

 

Link to post
Guest insomea
1 hour ago, Despguy123 said:

In the following live stream at around 6:34:45, one of the reporters standing up in front of the cameras says something about being sat down for 6 hours and how she has to pee, but its hard to hear exactly what she says. She then says 'hope everyone's getting that on their mics, my bladder update'. 

https://youtu.be/d6SSz52l0z8?t=23685

 

How do you find gems like this?

Link to post
53 minutes ago, insomea said:

How do you find gems like this?

Mostly luck, basically just skipping through long recordings of live news streams on Youtube/Facebook and finding parts where the reporters and news crew are chatting, and very occasionally someone will mention how they need to pee or could use a bathroom break.

Link to post
  • 1 month later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vckP-vd-AF8

This one is hard to hear because of all the traffic noise:

3:31:48
Reporter 1: 'Oh my god!'
Reporter 2: 'Huh?'
Reporter 1: 'I need to pee!'
Reporter 2: 'Yeah I need to use the lavatory, there's a pub down the end'
Reporter 1: 'Oh I'll come with you guys' 

3:32:32
Reporter 2: 'Are you urgent to go now? To the...'
Reporter 1: 'No I'm gonna wait'
Reporter 2: 'I'm gonna go in a bit, I'm gonna go the loo as well, I've been holding on since this morning'
Reporter 1: (Singing) 'Hold it, hold it'

3:35:05
Reporter 2 (talking to a third reporter): 'If you wanted something then I could get you something when I'm down there cos I'm gonna use the loo'

Link to post

Before starting my own video production company I worked in television news.  One of my primary jobs was setting up and running live shots, so while the reporter was in front of the camera I was the one behind the camera.

While the kind of situations shown here do happen, they are more rare than you might imagine.  The vast majority of live shots are quick hits, then its done.  Camping out at a scene without multiple hits over an extended period of time would really only ever happen when something fairly major was going on right then.  Even then, typically there would be some kind of establishment nearby that would have facilities.  Though, I do remember one case where the only nearby place with a bathroom was a Subway restaurant and they very strictly stuck to their 'bathrooms for customers only' policy.  So each time we used their bathroom, they made us buy something.  Of course we bought the cheapest thing on the menu: Potato chips.  When we finally got back to the station we had so many bags of chips it was ridiculous.

But even in the case where we would be camping out for multiple live hits over an extended period, with no facilities available, it wasn't like there were no options.  There was always the ground and the bushes, and we had a little portable toilet thing (made for camping and boats) packed away inside the live truck in case of an emergency.  Just most of the time it was preferable to try and wait to use a proper facility, versus having to go find some shrubbery to hide in or locking yourself in the live truck and having to clean out the portable toilet later.

Link to post
  • 1 month later...
On 1/3/2020 at 8:39 PM, TVGuy said:

Before starting my own video production company I worked in television news.  One of my primary jobs was setting up and running live shots, so while the reporter was in front of the camera I was the one behind the camera.

While the kind of situations shown here do happen, they are more rare than you might imagine.  The vast majority of live shots are quick hits, then its done.  Camping out at a scene without multiple hits over an extended period of time would really only ever happen when something fairly major was going on right then.  Even then, typically there would be some kind of establishment nearby that would have facilities.  Though, I do remember one case where the only nearby place with a bathroom was a Subway restaurant and they very strictly stuck to their 'bathrooms for customers only' policy.  So each time we used their bathroom, they made us buy something.  Of course we bought the cheapest thing on the menu: Potato chips.  When we finally got back to the station we had so many bags of chips it was ridiculous.

But even in the case where we would be camping out for multiple live hits over an extended period, with no facilities available, it wasn't like there were no options.  There was always the ground and the bushes, and we had a little portable toilet thing (made for camping and boats) packed away inside the live truck in case of an emergency.  Just most of the time it was preferable to try and wait to use a proper facility, versus having to go find some shrubbery to hide in or locking yourself in the live truck and having to clean out the portable toilet later.

That's what I would have imagined. I wonder if it ever has ended in an accident.

Link to post
  • 6 months later...

Another one outside 10 Downing Street

https://youtu.be/OLPySIqGkng?t=12715

Throughout the video you can hear a political reporter for BBC news giving live updates and also talking off camera. At around 3:31:55 she says 'I've got to stay here now all afternoon, and I really really need the loo'. Over the next few minutes she does another live report. After her report ends at around 3:41:00 she says 'Right I really need to go to the toilet' and has a conversation with someone about where the nearest toilets are but you can't really hear much.

 

Link to post
On 8/26/2020 at 5:43 PM, Despguy123 said:

Throughout the video you can hear a political reporter for BBC news giving live updates and also talking off camera. At around 3:31:55 she says 'I've got to stay here now all afternoon, and I really really need the loo'. Over the next few minutes she does another live report. After her report ends at around 3:41:00 she says 'Right I really need to go to the toilet' and has a conversation with someone about where the nearest toilets are but you can't really hear much.

 

Do you know who this reporter was that was desperate

Link to post
7 hours ago, Despguy123 said:

Yes but I will not be posting any information about any of the reporters, it will be anonymous.

Yes Despguy123 I fully understand why, I watch this news regularly and I think I have a good idea who it may be anyway.

But yes you are right not to mention her name, stupid of me really to ask 

Sorry.

Link to post
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hopefully this isn't a repost, but this video appears to be outtakes from a local news crew in Susquehanna Valley, Pennsylvania in which the reporter is really struggling to to read off her lines due to having to pee so badly. Unfortunately, someone seems to have added stupid music in the background for comedic effect.

 

I sooo wish we could see the full unedited recording of this one....

 

Edited by hihia28 (see edit history)
Link to post
55 minutes ago, hihia28 said:

Hopefully this isn't a repost, but this video appears to be outtakes from a local news crew in Susquehanna Valley, Pennsylvania in which the reporter is really struggling to to read off her lines due to having to pee so badly. Unfortunately, someone seems to have added stupid music in the background for comedic effect.

 

I sooo wish we could see the full unedited recording of this one....

She actually tweeted about this incident a few days later:

Screenshot_20210128-235114_Chrome.jpg

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...