Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Ethics of ocean peeing

4 hours ago, OmoEastCoast said:

Is it ethically wrong to pee in the ocean? I’m at a beach rn, and the need to pee is growing. I want to let myself go in the ocean, bc it’d be a huge turn-on (as is the desperation to pee), but it feels like it’d be ethically wrong. Input?

No, it's not wrong. The ocean is a large body of water, filled with the waste of many different animals. 

The ethics of peeing in a shared and closed swimming pool style space is certainly debatable but I see absolutely no reason against doing it in the ocean. Its not an enclosed body of water made with express purpose of leisure and enjoyment for multiple people. Nor does it have a more finite water supply.

Perhaps if you were at the beach and sharing the water with a lot of people in very close proximity, but even then I just can't see anything wrong with doing so considering how quick it'll become diluted and washed away with the large amount of ever moving liquid!

Having said all this, I've never actually done it before and can imagine it must be slightly liberating.

Edited by Dune1001 (see edit history)

It's funny that this topic came up right now. I am not at all into wetting myself, but I was at the beach this week and one of the days we were there, I peed right into my bathing suit three separate times while in the ocean. I have to say that it felt pretty good just standing there emptying my bladder through the suit. My wife also peed into her bathing suit in the water a few times but unfortunately one of us needed to be watching the towels and her purse and whatnot so I wasn't able to be in the water with her while she did it. She did say that she wasn't completely covered by the water when she peed, so some lucky people may have seen what I could not. 

1 hour ago, rachelkirwan said:

As someone who has taken far too many classes on ethics, all I can say is almost certainly not. But, you might want to read this as interesting background:

https://facultystaff.richmond.edu/~sabrash/ES 201/Readings/Reading16.pdf

Yes this will be on the test.

This was quite interesting,  but I still see nothing wrong with peeing in the ocean. It really hurts no one. 

14 hours ago, mhenslowe said:

It's funny that this topic came up right now. I am not at all into wetting myself, but I was at the beach this week and one of the days we were there, I peed right into my bathing suit three separate times while in the ocean. I have to say that it felt pretty good just standing there emptying my bladder through the suit. My wife also peed into her bathing suit in the water a few times but unfortunately one of us needed to be watching the towels and her purse and whatnot so I wasn't able to be in the water with her while she did it. She did say that she wasn't completely covered by the water when she peed, so some lucky people may have seen what I could not. 

I guess the summer in the US can def bring up this topic! I didn’t end up going for it (strong guilt complex about anything that could negatively impact other people). Sounds like you and your wife had a good experience!

5 hours ago, TheWolfEmperor said:

It's a great big body have water from which no one can drink. I suppose the only danger is that one day there could be a poorly timed tsunami. As you are urinating, the water could suddenly withdraw, leaving you with a misplaced sense of guilt and or pride. 

Although nobody should drink from it, people (myself included) do often accidentally swallow water while swimming in the ocean. I can’t say that I’d want to accidentally swallow somebody else’s (or my own) pee (my kink doesn’t go that far). I guess it’d get very diluted, very quickly, in the ocean, though. 

i don't pee in the sea. because i don't like the idea of seeing others swimming where i pissed. for me, peeing is either something that belong in the toilet or sexuality with myself or with a sexual partner, and that's it. i don't want other people to be part of my fetish, and i certainly don't want to be a part of someone else's sexuality without knowing. 
my reasons are ethical, not physical. i know well that everything from our toilets eventually go to oceans and since a human is 70% or something made out of water we're pretty much made of something that was once piss. 

as goes for pissing in the pools, that's pretty clear - it's forbidden, in some cases a punishable offense. whoever uses a public pool for their sexual fantasies is an asshole and deserves a punishment.

Through my job I am spending quite some time in the ocean, I can tell you that any time you jump in the water you jump in a soup (diluted) of pee, poop, sperm and other secretions of any marine organism, not to mention the remains of dead bodies of the same organisms. So don't worry about peeing in the ocean. Maybe just don't do it right beside someone or in the middle of a group, but this is simple common sense.

Maybe if you want to think in strict terms, just consider that you need to be far enough from other people for your pee to dilute and become unnoticable. And remember that once out of your body, your pee will dilute rapidly in the ocean (even on a calm day) so even if you pass in the spot two minutes after you will not "swim through your piss". And sometimes you might encounter pockets of warm water, although many people joke that you are crossing the piss of someone, it is more likely due to the current and the sun (for example this mass of water comes from a shallow tidepool and is not yet mixed with the rest of the ocean).

Enjoy you beach time!