152 members have voted

1. 1. Have you peed in a pool?

• Yes, I have
    • No, I haven't
  2. 2. If you did, were you caught?

• I was caught
    • I wasn't caught
    • I didn't pee in the pool

I remember being shocked and worried by the old myth that some pools have a special dye in them that would make a cloud of purple or orange around me if I peed my pants in the pool. I loved the naughty and warm feeling of peeing my pants in the pool, but I stopped for a while when I believed that.

At summer camp we had swimming lessons in a very cold lake. There was no fear of dye there, and wetting myself felt extra nice.

5 hours ago, nonny said:

I remember being shocked and worried by the old myth that some pools have a special dye in them that would make a cloud of purple or orange around me if I peed my pants in the pool.

Hold up that was a myth? That's haunted me for years whenever I go to a new pool. How am I just now realizing this?

Yes, of course I have many times, still do, but only in a big public pool, never a small backyard one. I get out sometimes, but frequently I just let go .

I started doing it when I was about 11or12, because I had no choice.

I was a daytimer at a summer camp. There were no facilities for day campers. The full time campers had them in their barracks. As a daytimer it was a huge hassle to ask to go.Then the annoyed leader had to take you to a place to go.

So on day one I was very desperate, on the verge of peeing in my suit  , grabing my self and squirming on the edge of the pool. Another boy noticed and asked me if I had to go. There was no point of denying it at that point, so I said yes.

He said he just goes in the pool. I was just seconds from peeing  on the edge of the pool anyway , it was too late to try to move, so I jumped in and went.

This started a daily habit , and I didnt even try to hold it.

This worked fine until the last couple of days of my second week, when due to the weather we didn't use the pool. The first day , I actually held it most of the day. Feeling my pee about to come out I rushed into the woods and went. But I got caught buy the counselor (who I now suspect had a pee fetish) and I got in trouble. So the next day , I just tried to keep holding it. I held on a bit longer, but ended up wetting my pants, but no really visibly externally. My briefs were soaked.

Edited by wettingman (see edit history)

I accidentally peed in the pool as a child, and was immediately terrified of the (mythical) pee indicator dye. I wasn’t found out, though. 

As an adult now I pee through my swim trunks in the showers, not in the pool. i only do this if there is nobody else in the shower as it’s really not nice to get your pee on somebody else’s feet. 

You know that chlorine smell you get at pools?  That is only because of a reaction with pee.  Chlorine alone in the pool won't have any kind of a detectable smell, even at concentrations far beyond what you would ever have in a swimming pool.

Chlorine is used in pools because it is highly reactive chemically.  Foreign material in the water reacts with the chlorine and is rendered harmless. In the pool water, chlorine breaks down to hypochlorous acid and hypochlorite ions.  These react with the cellular structures of micro-organisms, rendering them harmless.  The chlorine will also react chemically with urine, breaking it down so that you aren't swimming in higher and higher concentrations of pee.

However, this doesn't mean it is entirely safe to pee in a pool.  Nitrogen in pee reacts with chlorine creating cyanogen chloride, which is classified by the UN as a chemical warfare agent.  Now, in dealing with the amount of chlorine and pee that would ever be present in any kind of pool, you aren't going to ever get enough cyanogen chloride where it could pose a major safety risk.  However, it can be irritating.  It can create a burning sensation in your eyes and nose, and if there really is a whole lot of pool peeing going on, it can even create a red, irritated, skin rash.

If you have ever experienced your eyes being bothered in a swimming pool, this isn't just from the chlorine.  Chlorine is used to sanitize all kinds of water supplies that people shower in and drink, and you don't have the same kind of irritation.  What is bothering your eyes in a pool is the cyanogen chloride.  It is because of all the people peeing in a pool that your eyes are burning.

Another byproduct of pee+chlorine is trichloramine and a little bit of chloroform.  Trichloramine is a lung irritant and is what is responsible for that chlorine smell you get at the pool.  However, it can be harmful to people with respiratory problems, and in high enough concentrations can cause severe irritation even in otherwise healthy people.

Draining and refilling a pool is an ordeal, and can be expensive.  Pool operators will typically try to spread out the frequency in which the entire pool needs to be drained.  Chlorine will help keep a pool sanitary and pee free, but at the expense of chemical byproducts that can have health effects in great enough concentrations.

3 hours ago, TVGuy said:

You know that chlorine smell you get at pools?  That is only because of a reaction with pee.  Chlorine alone in the pool won't have any kind of a detectable smell, even at concentrations far beyond what you would ever have in a swimming pool.

Chlorine is used in pools because it is highly reactive chemically.  Foreign material in the water reacts with the chlorine and is rendered harmless. In the pool water, chlorine breaks down to hypochlorous acid and hypochlorite ions.  These react with the cellular structures of micro-organisms, rendering them harmless.  The chlorine will also react chemically with urine, breaking it down so that you aren't swimming in higher and higher concentrations of pee.

However, this doesn't mean it is entirely safe to pee in a pool.  Nitrogen in pee reacts with chlorine creating cyanogen chloride, which is classified by the UN as a chemical warfare agent.  Now, in dealing with the amount of chlorine and pee that would ever be present in any kind of pool, you aren't going to ever get enough cyanogen chloride where it could pose a major safety risk.  However, it can be irritating.  It can create a burning sensation in your eyes and nose, and if there really is a whole lot of pool peeing going on, it can even create a red, irritated, skin rash.

If you have ever experienced your eyes being bothered in a swimming pool, this isn't just from the chlorine.  Chlorine is used to sanitize all kinds of water supplies that people shower in and drink, and you don't have the same kind of irritation.  What is bothering your eyes in a pool is the cyanogen chloride.  It is because of all the people peeing in a pool that your eyes are burning.

Another byproduct of pee+chlorine is trichloramine and a little bit of chloroform.  Trichloramine is a lung irritant and is what is responsible for that chlorine smell you get at the pool.  However, it can be harmful to people with respiratory problems, and in high enough concentrations can cause severe irritation even in otherwise healthy people.

Draining and refilling a pool is an ordeal, and can be expensive.  Pool operators will typically try to spread out the frequency in which the entire pool needs to be drained.  Chlorine will help keep a pool sanitary and pee free, but at the expense of chemical byproducts that can have health effects in great enough concentrations.

Oh shit. Now I feel like a horrible person. I normally pee in the pool in my backyard but have definitely done it elsewhere before. I'm gonna stop doing that at public pools from now on.

Thanks for the knowledge bomb! 👍🏻👍🏼👍🏽👍🏾👍🏿

Just now, Wide said:

Oh shit. Now I feel like a horrible person. I normally pee in the pool in my backyard but have definitely done it elsewhere before. I'm gonna stop doing that at public pools from now on.

Thanks for the knowledge bomb! 👍🏻👍🏼👍🏽👍🏾👍🏿

I'm sorry!  My intent wasn't to make anyone feel bad.  And honestly, I don't think anyone should feel that bad for peeing in the pool.  It definitely doesn't make you a horrible person.  One single person's pee in this scenario isn't going to make a huge difference.  While it might be a nice solution to think that we could get everyone to stop peeing in pools, without some effort to change group behavior, I think the obligation falls upon public pool operators to maintain their pools, and not to stretch the duration between refreshes.

2 hours ago, TVGuy said:

I'm sorry!  My intent wasn't to make anyone feel bad.  And honestly, I don't think anyone should feel that bad for peeing in the pool.  It definitely doesn't make you a horrible person.  One single person's pee in this scenario isn't going to make a huge difference.  While it might be a nice solution to think that we could get everyone to stop peeing in pools, without some effort to change group behavior, I think the obligation falls upon public pool operators to maintain their pools, and not to stretch the duration between refreshes.

So... to pee or not to pee?

One time a friend who was on Holliday with us peed trough her orange bikini and on my leg in the sea. She laughed as she knew what she was doing.

Later she asked if i really felt the warmth, which i did because my leg was right in-between hers. When she heared that it seemed like she was pretty excited and happy about it. Sadly i couldn't question her more as my family returned to the villa and the subject hasn't came back up ever since.

Talking about pools,

Ofc, anytime i need to pee, but not near people. One time a girl i liked said she often peed her bikini in the pool and when i asked if she was kidding she looked very serious for a few seconds and than calmly said "yes, i actually am peeing right now"

To which i was "smart" enough to, without thinking, put my hand just below her private part in-between her legs to feel the warmth flowing out of her... But when she saw it she just laughed as she put her hand on mine and pressed it on her private part while forcefully peeing on my hand, all while having the cutest smile on her face as she looked me in my eyes. Her cheeks turned to a faint red but it looked like she really enjoyed doing it.

Edited by basss37 (see edit history)

Yes, i did. By accident and on purpose. I like the relief and the feeling of just letting go right there, on the spot. 

Once i felt very brave and let out a short spurt while climbing out of the pool, as i figured everybody would think it was water. It was sooo hard to stop when i got out. I really wanted to let it run free... 

On 7/23/2019 at 9:59 PM, TVGuy said:

Exactly the reason why i prefer to pee in the sea rather than the pool.

Though it always is quite a turn on to pee in a busy pool without people noticing or trying to spot girls pee their swimsuits. You dont often see it but ive had a few experiences where i saw a girl pee her bikini/bathing suit where a yellow cloud came out of her and sometimes even managed to get close enough to feel the warmth a little.

Though i dont often go to public pools als they are too busy/loud, not that clean and i just dont like swimming that much. I prefer the sea.

• 6 months later...
On 7/23/2019 at 3:59 PM, TVGuy said:

Sorry to bump this but I hate to see misleading info. Chloramine (the “chlorine smell”) forms when chlorine hits a wide variety of organic compounds— not just pee. This includes any number of things on the surface of one’s skin, depending upon how long it’s been since they showered. That’s why they say to “shower before you get in the pool,” to get a bunch of the impurities off your skin rather than have it react with the free chlorine.

Pee is pretty apt to react with chlorine, which makes sense because it’s pretty close to ammonia (in fact, urea becomes ammonia after a while) which, as we all know, makes a lot of toxic chloramine gas when mixed with chlorine.

I have peed in pools frequently, ever since I was young. My favorite story is when I was dating my last man; we both went to the pool with full bladders (on purpose). As we floated around, we began to embrace while leaning against a wall in the deep end. I had to pee so badly it was aching, so I wrapped my legs around him and emptied myself into my swim trunks, surrounding his torso in warmth. A moment later, he added to it and urinated against me as well. 

On 7/22/2019 at 5:04 PM, Stanley79 said:

As ocean beaches, salt water bays and fresh lakes offer frequent free swimming here all my friends and relatives pee while swimming.  More than once I've forgotten and pool peed without thinking about it.

When I was a child, learning about the silent letters in English like the k in knife, we used to say it was silent like the P in surfbathing.

13 hours ago, Dunney said:

When I was a child, learning about the silent letters in English like the k in knife, we used to say it was silent like the P in surfbathing.

Usually.  But not when my mid teen cousin peed through her swimming suit.  She seemed to want people to know.  And also when very young and I asked for a bathroom was told people people peed in the water.