Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Best music album of the 2010’s

In my opinion, it is by far blond by frank ocean with good kid mad city by Kendrick Lamar in second. Blond is extremely beautiful and if anyone hasn’t heard it then I would highly recommend you listen to it right now. The quality of each song stays consistent, it’s amazing and I don’t think any other album out there comes close to eclipsing it this decade. 

I'm going with a complete curveball here.

If you haven't already, check out The Book of Traps and Lessons by Kate Tempest. Admittedly it's an album best performed live in my opinion, but it's just...WOW! I had the privilege of listening to Kate perform this work of art a few weeks back, on an incredible stage at the worlds greatest music festival, and I've never been so moved by a performance before. Even now, weeks later, I'm feeling it. 

@Piddly I just listened to a couple songs and I have to say I don’t know how I feel about it. It’s really different, it’s like poetry but with a beat behind it if that makes any sense. That’s kinda what music is but what she’s rapping or talking about in her songs is structured very loosely and free. It’s very interesting honestly. 

I did say she was a real curveball. 😉

Musically, she is so very different to anybody that I've ever liked before. As you say, the structure is so loose and free. She's very honest in her work, and completely captivating on a live stage. I've had mosuc 'move' me before, but rarely in the way she did. 

Yet, do you know what? The first time I saw here, a couple of years back, I just didn't get it at all. No idea what changed, but I went from standing there pulling a face and wondering what the hype was about, to tears rolling down my face. Bonkers! 

Thanks for taking the time to give her a listen. 🙂

Can I pick two albums? They're both on the same theme, and are basically two parts to the same whole. The Megas' History Repeating: Blue and History Repeating: Red. They're The Megas' take on the story of Mega Man 3, they show an engaging look at the emotional weaknesses of all its characters, the base music is fantastic and the lyrics are memorable. And the albums have fantastic songs such as History Repeating Pt. 2 (One Last Time), Walk Away From Light, I Want to Be the One (to Watch You Die), Fly on a Dog, GeminEye, I'm Not the Breakman, Make Your Choice, and Melody From the Past. And we're still waiting for their next full album. They've done a few remasters, two LPs as The Belmonts, and a Christmas single, but still no news on their next big project. Will they go all-in on a Belmonts album? Was the existence of Chill Xmas a hint to a Mega Man X album? Was that thing I heard a long time ago true that they'd be skipping most of the rest of the Classic series and going straight to Mega Man 9? Every idea is fantastic, I just want one of them!

You know what else could give some competition to best album of the decade? If The Protomen could release Act III this decade. We've had the preview for 4 years, and Hold Back the Night is awesome, I just want the full story already!

• 3 weeks later...

I think the best album is Taking One for the Team by Simple Plan.  For those who don't know or aren't familiar with Simple Plan, they are a Canadian alternative rock band.  Some of the songs they are known for include I'm Just a Kid (featured in Cheaper by the Dozen), Grow Up (featured in the first live action Scooby Doo movie), Don't Wanna Think About You (Scooby Doo 2 Monsters Unleashed), and the theme song for the What's New Scooby Doo TV series.

While I love every song on this album, my top 3 favorite  songs are Opinion Overload, I Refuse, and  Singing in the Rain. The first two songs are about accepting yourself regardless of what anyone else thinks.  These two really resonate with me because it took me a while before I could learn to accept me for me.  Singing in the Rain is about accepting that life happens and choosing to make the best of it.  I'm still working on this, but the song makes me want to try a little harder.  Overall, I find the lyrics of most of there songs to be relatable, catchy, or entertaining to listen to.