Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

I'm scared to do this anymore--how safe is omorashi?

Question

Hello everyone, 

I'd gotten into the thrill of holding the past week, which in turn made something in me skyrocket. I can already see some consequences--UTIs, for example, but hadn't known about others until the frustration of last night.

Apparently bladders can explode for real rather than extremely strong sphincters giving out. 

At the same time, I must confess I'm jealous of large bladder bulges, as mine only resembles early stage pregnancy at best. 

But reading some articles, especially when frustrated that way, have turned the kink into an object of sheer terror for me in one night, when I've pretty much had the kink for always. 

I suppose my question is this: how much of holding is safe? How far is too far when one is holding "an extra 15 minutes here, an extra 30 minutes there" to increase capacity?  

What measures can be taken to reduce risks but still have buckets of fun?

How can I get over this sudden, intense fear now that this aspect of my sexuality is being threatened by my own feelings?

Thank you kindly. 

Best, 

Pistachio

12 answers to this question

I tend to use caution holding it too very often. My bladder capacity is only about 625 ml, so it can be stressful on the little muscle down there after a while.. if it begins to hurt or my lower back starts causing me pain, it's time to pee regardless of where I am or what I'm doing..

I'm sure those were valid claims and instances you read online, but be cautious not to believe everything you see on the internet.. Wrong information can cause undue fear and stress..

You know the limits of your mind and body better than anyone else, so try to practice some self care every so often.. If that means taking a break from wetting or getting a massage, it can do wonders for the soul, in my opinion ☺️

I have held my pee for hours after I became desperate. Everything from my bladder and through  to the tip of my penis was screaming in pain.  I would not recommend this . The most important thing is if the pain becomes unbearable or travels to your kidneys, it is time to go. If your sphincter does not release, your kidneys continue to produce urine, it has to go somewhere and it backs up into your kidneys. This is dangerous.

However, everything I have heard you can not rupture your bladder, unless you have some other trauma causing an impact on your bladder, things like a fall or some other sharp impact.

You will lose control, your sphincter will be forced open and you will wet yourself.

A UTI is possible if you hold to the max frequently, as you can stretch your bladder so far it may not contract , and empty itself completely.

Back in my twenties, I was disappointed, believing I could not have an true accident . I decided to force the issue, by refusing to go no matter how much it hurt. Eventually , it started coming out in my pants.

The only time is was scared I hurt myself, was at the end of a long hold. I had started leaking, I stood up and began walking to the bathroom to wet myself.

I could literally feel my bladder swinging around, by my ureter  ( tube between the kidney and bladder) a  inside me. That burned and was extremely painful. I was worried that tube would break off my bladder. It didn't , but I could never hold it like that again.

So,pistachio, enjoy yourself, just in moderation.

disclaimer. I am not a Doctor , and you really can't ask one this question.

Bladders can’t explode from holding, that’s a myth. I’ve never been a fan of the holding it in aspect of Omorashi personally and the times I’ve been forced to (for around six or so hours) the pain has been excruciating and like a PP says, man, those muscles did NOT want to let go when the time came. The times I have held I’ve always got a UTI afterward and generally had an ache in the bladder area for a few days - but I don’t think there’s actually any danger in getting a UTI through holding. I think in my case it was because I was ‘untrained’ ie not particularly used to holding it in for such long duration of time. Plus I think it’s more that if you hold it can affect/scar the kidneys and cause a kidney infection (which is decidedly more gross). Plus, you don’t want to push it to the point where you can’t go at all and require catheterisation because... ouch?

So I’d say to use caution. Try not to worry because you’re not really doing huge damage by holding it in (no explosions other then of the big pissy sort) and you obviously don’t want to dampen your enjoyment of it. You know your own body and you’ll know when you’ve reached your limit so just... aim to not reach your absolute limit, toy around with holding less or brushing close to your limit  but not reaching it, or looking into other ways to indulge in the kink if your confidence is low atm.

Its impossible for a bladder to explode from holding, holding too long can cause UTIs or over stretch the bladder to the point where you cant hold at all for a while without some precautions. When ive done omo i take precautions, for me the more water i drink makes it go faster because its one thing if you are holding for a while with no fluids compared to drinking a lot, for me, the more fluids the faster i fill and the quicker it goes so i dont have to hold for hours by hours

when it comes to UTI prevention there isnt a clear solution but what i have done is use a wet wipe and wipe front to back before and after peeing depending on how long you sit in wet clothes or in my case diapers, sitting in that i found causes everything to sit there and cause irritation for me, so i clean beforehand and clean after with cleansing wipes to get all the bacteria i can out, its also good to go to the bathroom without your wet stuff and pee whatevers left, if leftover pee from a big hold isnt out it usually caused problems for me. So maybe these will help you out

Honestly, for me, it was never about the hold.  I just love pissing in my pants, plain and simple.  Any holding I might do is just a means to that end.  If it worries you, and you enjoy the wetting part of piss play, maybe just ease up the level of your holds a little and enjoy getting wet.

Just to give my 2 cents:

1. Bladders never explode unless the bladder is already punctured by some physical injury.

2. No research has *ever* been shown to link pee holding to UTIs.

Nonetheless, I personally have never gone beyond 6-8 hrs of holding. I don't usually hold that much though. I like to fill up my bladdder to the point where it is pushing on my prostate, stimulating me, etc. and is just really pleasurable. So only like 4 small mugs of water. I imagine you do alot more so I wouldn't know.

Thank you kindly for your answers. I really appreciate the support and encouragement and caution. Each of your input(s?) truly makes me feel valued in this community, every one of you. 

I feel encouraged to try again--within my body's limits.

Edited by Pistachio (see edit history)

I want can add something about not being able to or having difficulty peeing . I was plagued by this issue for a long time, and all my holds back then were out of necessity not for fun. I did not use the restrooms at school, and I could not pee in the presents of others.

My bladder was severely stretched, and extremely painful, along with everything else down there. And yet  when I finally was able to pee , instead of a gusher  I had trouble starting peeing, and it dribbled out very slowly taking as much as 10 minutes.

I looked it up on line . It turns out if your bladder is extremely distended it can actually sit on your urethra , blocking the flow. This is  especially true in males since our urethra is longer . Not as much in females, as their urethra is short and goes directly down to the exit. 

On 7/12/2019 at 9:43 AM, Pistachio said:

I suppose my question is this: how much of holding is safe?

I can tell my perspective from the point of being about 24 years into holding, my own and others (yes, I started experimenting with it being in elementary school).

I believe that as long as you don't go to the extremes (and by that I mean more than just waiting with a full bladder), it is relatively safe kink. Why relatively? Because there is almost nothing that is 100% safe. Even such borderline vanilla and softcore kink like rope play can be dangerous, there're plenty of injuries it can give you if you're not careful. Heck, even boring vanilla sexual acts can have a bit of risk. The question is: are you willing to face a relatively small risk for the enjoyment of the kink? For me the answer is clear: absolutely yes. Obviously, I wouldn't do something really extreme, like putting a clamp on my dick to prevent pee escaping or jumping on a trampoline with a bursting bladder, and don't advise anyone attempting it (though it could be hot in fantasy or virtual roleplay). But otherwise... let's see what you asked about.

1) Bladder explosion. Virtually it is possible, but chances of it happening from just holding with your muscles, considering that you have a healthy urinary system, are almost down to zero. Full bladders may burst, but it usually happens if a very full bladder is being struck with a force (e.g. someone hits you in the stomach, or you trip fall down on your full bladder), or if something mechanically prevents urine escaping (e.g. enlarged prostate for men, or late stages of pregnancy for women with a chance of baby blocking urethra). And even then it's not guaranteed to happen, it's just an increased risk. One woman I was talking online long time ago told me she actually fell down while having to pee really bad once, but it didn't damage her bladder, she said she felt really bad pain and wet herself, but her bladder didn't burst or suffered any long term issues.

2) UTI. It is possible to get UTI for many reasons. I've never got UTI in my life, and I had been holding till bursting probably at least 2000+ times since I got into omorashi. I've been married for several years, my wife did some holds for me (not nearly as many, but quite a few) over these years and never got UTI after that. Two times she got UTI after we had not very clean sex (like at the end of a long outdoor day before we got to showers), but never from holding her pee. Risk of UTI seriously depends on your immune system and personal hygiene, holding pee may increase the chance, but healthy person with a strong immune system is very unlikely to get it. And even if you do get it eventually, all it takes to get over it is a few pills from doctor if you catch it early. I've had flu much worse than UTI my wife had, and I didn't even have any fun before getting flu.

Basically, use common sense and know your limits, and then decide how far you're willing to push them. There is no right or wrong way to enjoy this kink. I've been talking with people who stop holding as soon as they feel a minor bladder ache, and I've been talking to people who sometimes would go so far that they would stop only if they feel lower back (kidneys) pain. The choice is yours, but as you can tell, this forum has thousands members, and we don't see reports of exploded bladders or mass UTIs here.

Yeah my bladder is huge,  and will sit on my urethra.  I'll intentionally leak a couple times to promote wetting while releasing pressure.

Without the occasional spurt I'd be too scared to sit down.  2.2 liters, >8 more inches of urethra than a female.

My intentional leaks have to be there,  and I'll always deny them being intentional.

I once made a topic about pain and fear being apart of some people's wetting experience, but it was heavily rebuked because people only want to hear what they already believe. 

If I ever consentually omo'd anyone who didn't know better,  I'd tell them they're suppose to let some out if it gets too painful. I'll still get my show,  even if the first couple spurts aren't so spontaneous. 

My version of the fetish is very vague about loss of control.  For me it's very hot for someone to intentionally pee a bit to relieve some pain. It's incredibly hot when they're addled and make a panic decision, I don't need the pee to be physically unstoppable by decree of their urethra.

Lots of fetishes have to slide into something safer than their original fantasies.