Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Favorite thing from childhood?

Anyone have something that trended during the time they were born and got your hands on it? I have my little plush kitty from my childhood, it was a brand called kitty kitty kittens and now they spiked in popularity and rarity and ive been collecting them ever since a few months ago.

anyone else collect cool stuff from their childhood or just in general? 

9E05B6C9-1DA5-4677-B877-1DDA70CF4F36.jpeg

I have a lot of game books and drawings from my childhood years.  In the 90's, I used to draw a lot in class (whenever I was bored) and somehow managed to keep about 300 of my papers... There would be way more but obviously, you know, teachers would toss them sometimes depending on mood.  I stopped drawing completely once I graduated high school, so it's really cool to look back on them sometimes.  That is probably my favorite thing.

Old MS-DOS computer games.

As a child, I never had any kind of a video game system.  The only computer my family had was an old 386 that was woefully obsolete, even at that time.  It wasn't much for gaming, but I absolutely loved the old Sierra Quest adventure games.  Space Quest, the series, was an absolute favorite of mine, but I also thoroughly enjoyed Kings Quest.  Today, I am happy to be able to run DOSbox and play all of these old games that were such a huge part of my childhood.

3 hours ago, TVGuy said:

Old MS-DOS computer games.

As a child, I never had any kind of a video game system.  The only computer my family had was an old 386 that was woefully obsolete, even at that time.  It wasn't much for gaming, but I absolutely loved the old Sierra Quest adventure games.  Space Quest, the series, was an absolute favorite of mine, but I also thoroughly enjoyed Kings Quest.  Today, I am happy to be able to run DOSbox and play all of these old games that were such a huge part of my childhood.

Those games bring back so many happy memories.  There was one that I used to play that was very fun but I forgot the name.  The player played a woman name Rosella or something like that but I don't remember much of the plot but it was short and fun

Edit: It was the 4th King's Quest title

Edited by johnnyc82 (see edit history)
8 hours ago, wishfulomo0572 said:

Care Bears. I was nuts for them when I was a child. I had a massive collection and I still sleep with my first one. Bedtime Bear if you're wondering.

Oh yea i had a collection too, i sadly got rid of all mine last year, i think i still have one but i dont remember, i still remember getting my first one, idk the names but it was the pink one with the rainbow

I also have the biggest collection ever of webkinz

• 1 month later...

I still have all my pokemon figures and cards from the start of the pokemon series until about 2013. I also still have most of my original yugioh cards from the first tv series and a bunch of Digimon cards from when the trading card game first started.  I like to look at my collection from time to time and reminisce about my childhood and the fun i had collecting these things.

Guest tortoise

In general: dolls and stuffed animals ! I love to collect and cuddle up with them and see nothing wrong with it. Just today I got a captain marvel doll.

Specifically: trolls, Sylvanian families, Beanie Babies and furbies. I’m just about a nineties kid but they all got passed down to me when I was a girl and as a result they remind me of my childhood. I have a few old Beanie Babies [the birthday bear and a dad bear iirc] and trolls [baby, bride, cowboy] and sylvanian families. I don’t have a furby because the new ones are too tech-y for me - I prefer the retro ones!