Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

WW2 peeing stories

Sorry.  None. However.  During the circa 2000 Gulf War USA soldiers practiced their military-occupation skills while wearing chemical-hazard suits.  This included in mixed groups.  I don't know how they deal with waste.  good subject for research or fiction.  

Other such subjects include erecting communications relay towers on wide-open land.  A fear setting subject could be misled hitting nearby

The fiction All the Light We Cannot See includes two pees set in late WWII hostilities.  The second involves mild holding.

My grandfather landed in Normandie shortly after D-Day, and fought in the Battle of the Bulge. He wasn’t much for stories about the war—he clearly thought fighting it was the right thing to do, but also wasn’t too proud of the slaughter he’d had a hand in. He did seem to have a bit of an appreciation for the absurdity of war, though, and most of the few stories I heard from him centered on that more than anything else.

At any rate, he once told me that there had been a bit of a scandal. There was a gunner in a B-29, the kind that would hang on the bottom of the airplane shooting out of a glass bubble. He wet himself during an engagement with the enemy, and being at high altitude without much insulation, he got frostbite on his penis. The scandal was that he got a Purple Heart for it.

Does that scratch the itch?

Having studied history for awhile, especially military history around the world wars, I've come across quite a few peculiar little tidbits, some germain to this topic.

For one, during the First World War on the Western Front, it became common practice for both the British/French and German troops in the trenches to observe a daily ceasefire as both armies took their mealtimes at roughly the same time. On the other hand, for a brief time German artillerymen developed a strategy of targeting Entente latrine dugouts, which could be spotted from observation balloons. This was supposedly part of the impetus for forming specific "balloon buster" squadrons in the respective armies' air corps, training pilots specifically to shoot down balloons and airships so that the front line officers (and sometimes the enlisted men if they were lucky) could finally take a piss or dump in relative peace. Unfortunately, much of the reality of trench warfare remained pretty grim, and toilet needs were no exception. Oftentimes, troops would find themselves on the front lines for days, even weeks in the later stages of the war as reinforcement numbers dwindled and leave times were cut. And being stuck in a front line trench, waiting to attack or counterattack, unable to leave, constantly scared of being shot or blown up, for the most part troops had no real choice but to just take care of business where they were. Sometimes a bucket would be supplied for sanitation that would be periodically dumped over the side of the trench, but over time trenches would devolve into open sewers with the human waste just mixing in with the Flanders mud. 

Things didn't improve a huge amount during World War II, though at least the war was for the most part more mobile. As part of that, the unique problem of where and how to take a piss began to hit tank crews for the first time. Their solution: Spent shell casings. After firing the tank's main gun in combat a few times, a couple of empty casings would be kept in the tank for various uses, including garbage bin, impromptu water carrier, and yes, even as a toilet. It wasn't uncommon to see tank crew returning to base stopping briefly to dump out the contents of these temporary toilets. (Btw, any Girls und Panzer omorashi fanfic writers out there, there's an idea for you).

But perhaps the most famous wartime piss story (that I know of, anyway) was the U-boat that was sunk by flushing the toilet. Late into the war, with Allied anti-submarine tactics getting more advanced, it became necessary for German U-boats to remain submerged and out of sight for as long as possible. This of course presented the problem of what the crew does when they have to piss. The solution was to design a toilet that could be flushed even while submerged. This was no mean feat as it required a complicated system of valves to ensure that the waste could be discharged into the sea without the sea discharging into the boat. As such, it was required that the toilet's flush mechanism could only be operated by trained engineers, thus necessitating the embarrassing task of informing the engineer when said task needed to be done. On April 14, 1945, U-1206 was cruising at a depth of 200ft off the coast of Scotland when the captain was struck by nature's call. Having relieved himself, he decided that rather than summoning the engineer, he would perform the flushing procedure himself. As you might expect, it wasn't too long before the engineers, who were repairing one of the sub's diesel engines at the time, were informed of a "minor malfunction" in the ship's toilet. Before the leak could be stopped, the water found its way to the sub's battery banks, causing them to release deadly chlorine gas, forcing the crew to surface the boat in enemy waters. Shortly after, a British patrol aircraft spotted the U-boat and attacked, forcing the captain to scuttle the sub. Sadly, one crewman was killed in the attack and three others drowned in the heavy waves of the North Sea, but 46 were eventually rescued and captured, serving out the last month of the war in British POW camps. All that said though, when the wreck of the U-1206 was discovered by oil pipeline surveyors in the 1970's a new theory arose that it wasn't the toilet at all, but that the sub accidentally struck another previously sunk wreck.

• 2 months later...

Not really WW2 but my great grandfather served in the first world war and was part of the US marine corps. He told me that they were advancing through a forest and came across a German encampment, that was empty except for wounded soldiers, prisoners, and a bunch of nurses and medical staff. So pretty much what happened was that the commander of the squad that my great grandfather was in let out this weird roar, said it sounded like one of those bigfoot calls, the German soldiers that were wounded apparently all shat themselves at the sound. My great grandfather was the squad's marksman and scout, so he goes over the little defensive embankment they were hiding behind and charged into the camp, he got shot in the foot by a wounded soldier but kept going, and he burst into a tent and scared about 10 nurses into pissing themselves, of course you couldn't really tell because of their uniforms but according to my great grandfather, they could smell it. Of course that was in 1918 so my great grandfather could have changed the story up a little. He told that story to everyone until he died in 2000, may he rest in peace.

Also, up until about ten years ago the flight suits and in-flight relief systems on jet fighters weren't designed with the female anatomy in mind, b/c women flying fighters is a very recent development and most of our fighter tech was designed in the 60's through 80's. 

Another case of Depends to the rescue.

Same goes for female astronauts. The original toilet in the (now retired) Space Shuttle wasn't designed for female urine collection... so the first couple of women to go up had to wear diapers the whole time.

there is a movie about ww2 written from a true story. it is titled europa europa. here is more info on it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europa_Europa

read that and you will understand why he had to hold his pee a lot as he could not let any of the german soldiers see him peeing as they would see that he was jewish rather then  christian because he is circumcised.  he was in the german army. it is a true story, the guy wrote about his experiences years later. the link explains everything.

On 8/7/2019 at 3:17 AM, miamiclubkid said:

there is a movie about ww2 written from a true story. it is titled europa europa. here is more info on it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europa_Europa

read that and you will understand why he had to hold his pee a lot as he could not let any of the german soldiers see him peeing as they would see that he was jewish rather then  christian because he is circumcised.  he was in the german army. it is a true story, the guy wrote about his experiences years later. the link explains everything.

Lots of "Christian" males are cut too. The procedure was very popular in the 20th century b/c thinking at the time was that the lack of foreskin helped with keeping the penis clean... back when people didn't necessarily bathe every day.

In the 21st century the practice is beginning to fall out of style amongst non-Jews because there are really no benefits to it.

On 5/2/2019 at 4:31 PM, lhansen said:

I was in the Army in the mid to late sixties. A lot of my medical training took place in San Antonio, TX at Fort Sam Houston. It was also the main training center for the Women's Army Corp. The young women recruits wore blue and white knee length dresses or skirts and being women did whatever they could to make them sexy. They also had exercise classes and field training.

Now it was not too unusual for someone on a training field to need to pee. Because the weather was always warm we were constantly encouraged to remain hydrated to avoid dehydration, there was always that person that would drink to much and wet their pants. For the guys it happened now and then.

I finally was assigned to Brooke General Hospital and wound up being friendly with one of the WACs. She was cute and at her age always horny. Also these women were in the service to find a husband with a job and rarely said "no" to anything. 

One day we were talking about one of her friends that wet her pants at a party we had and I asked her if she'd peed her panties during her basic training. She just laughed and said that many of them never thought twice about it. She said that because they wore dresses and skirts, that it was easy to get away with it. She also reminded me that ladies rooms were never convenient and so it was not unusual that a few of them would return to their barracks with peed cotton full bodied military panties.

They were issued military panties, but would quickly change to civilian nylon, ladies full cut panties at first chance.

Man that was hot. Reminds me of how I like to imagine those North Korean traffic policewomen having a little accident in their sexy uniforms, but they're relieved fairly regularly so that probably doesn't happen very often.

• 8 months later...
On 8/2/2019 at 2:16 PM, DeltaFoxtrot said:

Also, up until about ten years ago the flight suits and in-flight relief systems on jet fighters weren't designed with the female anatomy in mind, b/c women flying fighters is a very recent development and most of our fighter tech was designed in the 60's through 80's. 

Another case of Depends to the rescue.

Same goes for female astronauts. The original toilet in the (now retired) Space Shuttle wasn't designed for female urine collection... so the first couple of women to go up had to wear diapers the whole time.

Do you have any sources for this? Seems to good to be true, especially since the only change they made was adding a simple funnel attachment. I can't imagine NASA engineers just telling Sally Ride to wear diapers because they couldn't be bothered to design a funnel.

29 minutes ago, Geomutsu said:

Do you have any sources for this? Seems to good to be true, especially since the only change they made was adding a simple funnel attachment. I can't imagine NASA engineers just telling Sally Ride to wear diapers because they couldn't be bothered to design a funnel.

They were more complex than just diapers. NASA basically made these thick briefs kinda shaped specially for the women who had to wear them. They were designed to collect urine and not leak, as errant urine droplets floating around in zero gravity could seriously damage their equipment. The problem was that it was easy to hook up a system to a penis that NASA could be sure wouldn't permit any pee to escape from, but it was considerably more difficult- and expensive- to design a system that would do the same for a vagina. The "space diaper" just wound up being the easiest and most cost effective solution.

Someone in a Discord channel I'm in found the source before, but I can't find it now.

So uh...
Source(s): Dude trust me

1 hour ago, DsGSilver said:

They were more complex than just diapers. NASA basically made these thick briefs kinda shaped specially for the women who had to wear them. They were designed to collect urine and not leak, as errant urine droplets floating around in zero gravity could seriously damage their equipment. The problem was that it was easy to hook up a system to a penis that NASA could be sure wouldn't permit any pee to escape from, but it was considerably more difficult- and expensive- to design a system that would do the same for a vagina. The "space diaper" just wound up being the easiest and most cost effective solution.

Someone in a Discord channel I'm in found the source before, but I can't find it now.

So uh...
Source(s): Dude trust me

I know what you're referring to, it's called the Disposable Absorption Containment Trunks (DACT). Female astronauts wore them for takeoff, re-entry, and EVAs when they would strapped in a spacesuit for hours at a time. However at all other times they would be in standard NASA jumpsuits and able to use the onboard toilet. There is no record of female astronauts being stuck in diapers for a weeks long mission.

Consider this; the shuttle toilet was designed to accommodate defecation for both male and female astronauts while sitting down as well as urination. Also, a great big stink was made about how many tampons Sally Ride would be sent with on her mission. Why would they bother if she was going to wear diapers the whole time?

But the best solution would just be to ask America's first female astronaut herself, stating that she used the shuttle toilet like the rest of the guys.

I don't mean to come off as an a**hole, I know I've believed a lot of obvious myths because I was too lazy or stupid to do my research. It's cute to think of female astronauts staying padded for days, but it just isn't true.

4 hours ago, Geomutsu said:

I know what you're referring to, it's called the Disposable Absorption Containment Trunks (DACT). Female astronauts wore them for takeoff, re-entry, and EVAs when they would strapped in a spacesuit for hours at a time. However at all other times they would be in standard NASA jumpsuits and able to use the onboard toilet. There is no record of female astronauts being stuck in diapers for a weeks long mission.

Consider this; the shuttle toilet was designed to accommodate defecation for both male and female astronauts while sitting down as well as urination. Also, a great big stink was made about how many tampons Sally Ride would be sent with on her mission. Why would they bother if she was going to wear diapers the whole time?

But the best solution would just be to ask America's first female astronaut herself, stating that she used the shuttle toilet like the rest of the guys.

I don't mean to come off as an a**hole, I know I've believed a lot of obvious myths because I was too lazy or stupid to do my research. It's cute to think of female astronauts staying padded for days, but it just isn't true.

In all honesty, for some reason I didn't fully internalize the words "the whole time" on the initial post you replied to, so I was referring to the ones worn during takeoff. That's my bad.

However, I also did figure that the early female astronauts were stuck in them for longer than they apparently were, so either way that was informative.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/8/2019 at 9:45 PM, DeltaFoxtrot said:

Lots of "Christian" males are cut too. The procedure was very popular in the 20th century b/c thinking at the time was that the lack of foreskin helped with keeping the penis clean... back when people didn't necessarily bathe every day.

In the 21st century the practice is beginning to fall out of style amongst non-Jews because there are really no benefits to it.

I'm pretty sure that is an Amercan thing. It is relatively new in America too, only going back to the 1800s. The reason that it florished was that it was said to increase cleanness and prevent masturbation. In Europe there are no tradition for circumcision amongst Christians. Jews and Muslims practice it though, and it has always been common in the Middle-East.