Sign In

What's your mother tongue?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dutch (Flemish accent), but I also speak English, French and bad German. So you're completely incomprehensible? 😉  

Native English speaker. Spoke Japanese with my mother as a child, and am reasonably competent in Mandarin. I can read Hebrew, too, but can’t speak a word! 

12 minutes ago, Klm744 said:

Wow I thought you live in Singapore or Malaysia. Can you read mandarin?

A little bit! Depends on what the subject matter is. I've never been to China, so most of what I know is from a classroom setting... I know how to ask to visit the restroom, for example, but I wouldn't know how to say that I'm bursting for a pee!

1 minute ago, Klm744 said:

Just tell me which sentence you wish to say and I will find a properly corresponding Mandarin sentence for you!

By the way how many hours have you been holding?🤗

I actually just went to the bathroom... I'd only been holding it for a few hours, but I had soup for breakfast, so I couldn't hold it any longer!

How about, "My bladder is bursting! I'm desperate! May I pee?" 😄 (We learned the words for "bathroom" in class, but never anatomy, and never how to describe how badly we had to go.)

I think it suppose be:

“我憋不住了!我马……马上要尿出来了!我能去厕所/卫生间吗?”

The literal mean of these sentence is

” I can't hold it anymore! My pee is go.....gonna coming out super fast! May I go to toilet?”

It seems different than the sentences that you gave me, however this is the native expression we use when we are desperate. 

Annnnnd, did you wet your pants/panties in bathroom?😜

1 minute ago, Klm744 said:

I think it suppose be:

“我憋不住了!我马……马上要尿出来了!我能去厕所/卫生间吗?”

The literal mean of these sentence is

” I can't hold it anymore! My pee is go.....gonna coming out super fast! May I go to toilet?”

It seems different than the sentences that you gave me, however this is the native expression we use when we are desperate. 

Annnnnd, did you wet your pants/panties in bathroom?😜

Thank you so much!!!

I didn't wet my pants in the bathroom, but it was a close call! Last night, I was really desperate and leaked more than I ever had before... thankfully, there was no line in my dormitory bathroom, so I didn't have to wait very long to relieve myself!

How would you say, I've been holding my pee for a really long time ? That was a phrase I definitely could've used in class, when my teacher wouldn't let us leave the room!

35 minutes ago, nAt2017 said:

Thank you so much!!!

I didn't wet my pants in the bathroom, but it was a close call! Last night, I was really desperate and leaked more than I ever had before... thankfully, there was no line in my dormitory bathroom, so I didn't have to wait very long to relieve myself!

Aha it was really a pity that you didn't get wet!

36 minutes ago, nAt2017 said:

How would you say, I've been holding my pee for a really long time ? That was a phrase I definitely could've used in class, when my teacher wouldn't let us leave the room!

let’s get to the point:

“我真的已经憋了很久了!”

it seems that your Mandarin teacher is a Chinese, am I right?

btw the Chinese you are learning is simplified or traditional?

8 minutes ago, Klm744 said:

Aha it was really a pity that you didn't get wet!

let’s get to the point:

“我真的已经憋了很久了!”

it seems that your Mandarin teacher is a Chinese, am I right?

btw the Chinese you are learning is simplified or traditional?

I learned simplified in school, but I’m now studying Japanese, which means that a lot of the characters I have to memorize look like traditional Chinese ones. 😊

19 minutes ago, Klm744 said:

Well your account was created six and half yrs ago. That means...😉

I really, really hope that I didn't break the rules by registering a couple years early... I made absolutely sure not to post, comment, or interact with anyone until I turned 20. I didn't even change my profile picture till last week, lol. Never took advantage of any of the site's features... I barely dared to visit until I was 18.

I didn't have the guts to read anybody else's posts or look at pictures or videos, either... I was a pretty repressed 16-year-old. I just wanted to read the advice sections to make sure I wasn't the only person who enjoyed holding my pee straight through school. I thought I was weird and gross... hopefully I'm not in trouble now, haha.

Edit: I'm really not comfortable talking about my teenage years in this context. can we not do this?

Edited by nAt2017 (see edit history)