Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

How Do You Measure Bladder Capacity?

Hey guys!

I have been exploring this topic for a few days now and was wondering what you guys thought about this.

So lots of times, I noticed that if I am doing a big hold, I rarely am able to empty my bladder all at once. I find myself relieving the majority of the pee, but find myself several minutes later needing to go more. When I go that second time, it is normally more pee than I know my body can produce in that amount of time.

So this posed the following questions for me....

1.Whenever you measure your capacity, do you count just how much is released in one go, or do you wait a few minutes to get the last bit out and add that to your total?

2. What's the max amount of time between the first pee and the second one that you would considered them to be one complete measurement.

3. What's your biggest hold thus far?

I am very interested to hear everyone's response on this. Please if you are commenting on how you calculate your bladder capacity to be as detailed as possible. I would really enjoy to take your information to better understand and share my capacity with you all.

I definetely can’t empty fully on my first go when extremely desperate to go, I do the first pee then have to sit on the toilet for a while ( use your imagination lol) and catch any small spurts and then when I have finished stand to finish the rest which is usually another 200 mls. From start to finish is about 10 mins- max total measured is a bit over 1.4 litres although convinced I could hold more as rarely even leak at that level of desperation although very difficult to walk lol 

I can not empty my bladder completely , after a long, to the point of pain. This is because the bladder becomes stretched   and cannot empty itself fully. I have waited another 10-15 minutes. As you said, I pee much more than my kidneys can produce in that time. So, yes I pee in the same bottle without emptying it, and add it to my total. My best was 1.435 liters.  I will not surpass that.

I was holding to measure and was about to go because I had to pee so badly. I was about to pee in my pants. The only reason it got that bad was my son came over unexpectedly. I had a delima ,if I walked to the bathroom , I was in danger of leaking , but more obviously I could not stand up straight due to my seriously distended bladder. If he didn't leave soon I was going to wet my pants. His presence caused me to be able to hold my pee longer without an accident than I could otherwise.

He was about doing whatever he came to do. I remained seated at my computer squirming almost constantly, holding myself only when my pee was about to come out, which was most of the time.

This went beyond fun.There was a little blood in my urine. My bladder hurt for at least a day. That evening and overnight, I had to get up frequently to pee. If I delayed because I didn't want to get up again, I would start to leak very quickly.  

I know that when your bladder is stretched, you often can't completely empty it all at once.  To get an accurate measure of capacity, I would say to measure your initial, more or less continuous, output, and then add to it additional output within no more than five minutes.  Any output beyond five minutes probably was not in your bladder when you first peed and shouldn't count.  

10 hours ago, Spectator9 said:

I know that when your bladder is stretched, you often can't completely empty it all at once.  To get an accurate measure of capacity, I would say to measure your initial, more or less continuous, output, and then add to it additional output within no more than five minutes.  Any output beyond five minutes probably was not in your bladder when you first peed and shouldn't count.  

Same, that's how I do it.