Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Genuine reasons you have delayed peeing?

So I am wondering what are some genuine reasons people have put off going to the toilet in their lives? I can think of a few off the top of my head...

1) Playing an online game I frequently hold for a long period of time because I don't want the hassle of logging out and in.

2) Working on coursework I will often refuse to go pee as I don't want to loose the motivation rush that I am on.

3) Watching a film I will quite often hold right up to near bursting point just so I don't have to stop it and ruin the flow of the film!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In a meeting. Been in that situation loads.  Stuck in traffic.  Visitors in my house (too shy to go)  on a phone call...business or international or Skype call in church as too emb

Anxietyif other people are around. Specifically not wanting other people to know I need to pee in case I can’t pee when I’ve made it clear I want to. Just being an idiot if I’m alone. I literally

This was such a thing for me in early childhood, and sometimes well past, that I’m going to answer from that age. I think I must have felt a lot of shame about my body (and my accidents) during toilet

In a meeting. Been in that situation loads. 

Stuck in traffic. 

Visitors in my house (too shy to go) 

on a phone call...business or international or Skype call

in church as too embarrassed to leave

in conversation with someone 

at a restaurant with friends 

so many times I have put off and held either through embarrassment or enjoyment or shyness. 

Anxietyif other people are around. Specifically not wanting other people to know I need to pee in case I can’t pee when I’ve made it clear I want to.

Just being an idiot if I’m alone. I literally came online to post this reply because I was just dancing around in my kitchen thinking, “I’m about to wet myself.” I didn’t fwiw but there was absolutely no reason not to go earlier. 

Recently had an experience when I was stuck in a taxi in gridlock traffic. 

Other than circumstances like that, I usually put it off when I'm playing a game or watching something interesting.

Not wanting to get out of bed is another big one,

Most common reasons for me are:

- Being stuck in meetings/presentations/training courses for hours

- Stuck on a long Skype meeting or conference call

- Sitting at my desk at work concentrating on something or trying to get something finished quickly 

- Stuck in traffic

- On a plane, especially if you end up in a window seat

- University lectures or seminars

- Exams (school, university, and professional exams)

- At school, some days I would hold off from peeing for the whole day until I finally got home

- While working as a cashier in various retail stores

- Working as a kitchen porter where often I'd be too busy for a loo break and end up holding for hours

7 minutes ago, Despguy123 said:

Most common reasons for me are:

- Being stuck in meetings/presentations/training courses for hours

- Stuck on a long Skype meeting or conference call

- Sitting at my desk at work concentrating on something or trying to get something finished quickly 

- Stuck in traffic

- On a plane, especially if you end up in a window seat

- University lectures or seminars

- Exams (school, university, and professional exams)

- At school, some days I would hold off from peeing for the whole day until I finally got home

- While working as a cashier in various retail stores

- Working as a kitchen porter where often I'd be too busy for a loo break and end up holding for hours

I so forgot about exams! I loved holding during those! 

Sitting in a cinema, concert hall or cinema during a performance. Especially if you are sitting right in the middle of the aisle where like 10 people have to get up in order to let you through. 

Being on a train with no toilets, or on a long walk with no discrete place to relieve yourself.

Being comfortable or tired in bed and not wanting to get up.

Being late for something so that you have to decide between being desperate or even more late

I am traveling  I don't like to stop once I am on the road . This is made worse if  I am Delayed in heavy Traffic .

In a long running conference , seminar or meeting.

Long movie or TV show- my urge to pee goes up to urgent as it ends.

Being too shy to ask to use the toilet

Not wanting to admit I had to go---as a kid even though my dancing and holding myself was a dead giveaway.

Also way back avoiding restrooms in school because of bullying , which lead to

In the past being unable to pee around others in public restrooms

But now the number one reason to hold my pee ... For the fun of it.

4 hours ago, wettingman said:

I am traveling  I don't like to stop once I am on the road . This is made worse if  I am Delayed in heavy Traffic .

In a long running conference , seminar or meeting.

Long movie or TV show- my urge to pee goes up to urgent as it ends.

Being too shy to ask to use the toilet

Not wanting to admit I had to go---as a kid even though my dancing and holding myself was a dead giveaway.

Also way back avoiding restrooms in school because of bullying , which lead to

In the past being unable to pee around others in public restrooms

But now the number one reason to hold my pee ... For the fun of it.

This is pretty much my list.  I suspect that for us at this site, those other reasons are just excuses because we really do it for the fun of it.

stuck in traffic

on a phone call

at the meeting

in conversation with someone 

at a restaurant with friends 

at the movies

outside at night and too scared too pee in a dark alley

I'm embarrassed to admit I have to pee again

can't find a public toilet nearby

but most of the time, I hold because of enjoyment

Edited by CarmenCD (see edit history)

buddy  I don't admit openly unless it's necessary. But I have to pee quite often. After lunch and coffee, usually 2 times in next hour and than in one hour time I have to go again. If I'm at the meeting, usually I can't just get up and go, I have to tell people why I'm excusing myself. It's either a bathroom or phone call, but even using a phone call as an excuse is not always appropriate, so I hold it until it's so bad, that starts interrupting my concentration, than I excuse myself. The same situation is when I'm riding in a car with someone. I'm a bit embarrassed to constantly asking them to stop for a bathroom break. I try to hold it until it's not really necessary to stop.

1 hour ago, CarmenCD said:

If I'm at the meeting, usually I can't just get up and go, I have to tell people why I'm excusing myself. It's either a bathroom or phone call, but even using a phone call as an excuse is not always appropriate, so I hold it until it's so bad, that starts interrupting my concentration, than I excuse myself. 

I have the same thing with meetings.  What's worked for me is I just get up, quickly walk out - and if someone does what I call "the death stare" (the how DARE you leave kind of look), I hold "1" finger in the air as I leave (universal sign for "one sec" or "going #1"), and quietly come back -- nobody ever questions why I was gone for 3 minutes.  I feel no words need to be said because most adults (if they're half-intelligent) should "get" that "#1" gesture means pee break.  As for excusing twice in a meeting, if it happens, that's when I would add "not feeling well, sorry" (lessens the obvious what you're going again(?!) stare)... usually works (and I think everybody has been there).

nightwind If the second trip is an occasional thing,"not feeling well, sorry" would work, but I have to do it at almost every meeting after lunch. It's awkward and I prefer to hold it and only when I have no choice, I excuse myself for another bathroom break. Luckily I don't have that many meetings right after lunch. Only one regular meeting with coworkers every week and it sometimes even ends before I have to use the bathroom for the second time. If I have a meeting with clients, I would use "not feeling well, sorry" excuse for the second visit to the bathroom.