Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Male vs Female Bladder Capacity

So, I am a frequent visitor to Bound2burst and love their capacity videos. Something kinda interested me to ask the forum and get some opinions. In many of those videos on there, the girls are absolutely bursting at the seams, but only seem to pee about 500 to 600 ml. Not in every case, but in many of the videos its true. I know for me, personally, I can get up to about 850 to 900 or more before its an emergency. Is that due to just the amount of water they are drinking and broke the seal, or is that just the difference between the bladders of each gender. Idk. What does everyone think?

All the largest bladders I've seen belong to women, up to 2500ml. The largest I've seen from a man is 1800ml. However, this is possibly because there's just a lack of male content online to make a proper opinion there.

In the Mythbusters episode Mini Myth Medley, the Build Team were testing if dancing around actually helped to hold it. The two men, Tory and Grant, held between 700 to 900ml. Meanwhile the woman, Kari, held 1500ml.

Scientifically, there's no difference in bladder capacities in relation to biological sex. Of course, special circumstances like pregnancy can change this, which is why many women might have smaller capacities than men. This isn't always the case though - Kari had a kid prior to that episode, and one of the greatest holders I know, Moonlight Magic from the Holdingit Minuteboard, had two kids when she was holding 2300ml.

"Average" bladder capacity is 500-600ml. Most normal humans would be wetting themselves at 650-800ish. Height, weight, sex, external muscles, have nothing to do with it. The biggest thing is that some people are just born with abnormally large bladders. Extreme willpower, holding often, and kegel training can increase true capacity.

There's also the pain factor. Not a lot of people enjoy the feeling of true physical pain. Most "wettings" occur when the holder just doesn't want to experience it anymore. The people who love and embrace the agony are the ones who reach the highest possible capacities. It takes A LOT to cause a bladder to empty involuntarily. It doesn't take much at all to break a weak mind and cause an "accident" that's really nothing more than the person giving up.

TL;DR, gender doesn't matter, it's all about being lucky enough to be born with a larger bladder and being able to enjoy or ignore immense pain.

Edited by Bulge_Lover (see edit history)
16 minutes ago, OmoNinja said:

I don’t know about the bladder sizes, but I definitely know it’s much easier to hold it for us guys!

This is entirely untrue. Between a healthy man and a healthy non-mother with the same will to hold, any difference in capacity is completely random. 

2 minutes ago, Chris0819 said:

I can definitely get the pain factor. When I feel it through my abdomen and in my back, and not in a good, way, its time to pee.

Yeah when it's in your back it's time to stop. Try drinking over more time, give your kidneys time to process.

My system is to drink one liter of water, then 500ml every half hour after until you've had three liters. I've never experienced kidney pain while following that system.

Edited by Bulge_Lover (see edit history)
6 hours ago, Chris0819 said:

So, I am a frequent visitor to Bound2burst and love their capacity videos. Something kinda interested me to ask the forum and get some opinions. In many of those videos on there, the girls are absolutely bursting at the seams, but only seem to pee about 500 to 600 ml. Not in every case, but in many of the videos its true. I know for me, personally, I can get up to about 850 to 900 or more before its an emergency. Is that due to just the amount of water they are drinking and broke the seal, or is that just the difference between the bladders of each gender. Idk. What does everyone think?

One thing to keep in mind is that many of the people in those videos might not really be pushing their bladders to their limits. They might also be pretending to be more desperate then they are.

This isn't true of everyone of course, you can find plenty of videos where the person clearly had a really full bladder because their piss lasts a while, and/or they piss a really thick stream.

27 minutes ago, FullBladder85 said:

One thing to keep in mind is that many of the people in those videos might not really be pushing their bladders to their limits. They might also be pretending to be more desperate then they are.

This isn't true of everyone of course, you can find plenty of videos where the person clearly had a really full bladder because their piss lasts a while, and/or they piss a really thick stream.

David North has a good business ethic. If the video is one based around true desperation like the holding contests, measuring videos, or the "Holding It For Hours" series, it's definitely real. Many of his models are simply average though, which while somewhat disappointing, is fine. Can't blame the women for how their bodies are.

A few of his models though, like Jayne, HUGE bladders. It just varies.

I don’t think it’s sexist to suggest that on average women have smaller bladders, female and male bodies are different as woman have the reproductive organs in the same area so there may be less room for the bladder to expand in females??

i have to say that I am seceptical about someone of either gender that claims to be able to hold 2500mls! Bearing in mind that average capacity could be around 600mls that is more than 4 times average!!!!!!

7 hours ago, Wombat48 said:

I don’t think it’s sexist to suggest that on average women have smaller bladders, female and male bodies are different as woman have the reproductive organs in the same area so there may be less room for the bladder to expand in females??

i have to say that I am seceptical about someone of either gender that claims to be able to hold 2500mls! Bearing in mind that average capacity could be around 600mls that is more than 4 times average!!!!!!

The 2500 comes from a nurse friend of mine who treated a young woman who had been trapped in her car for seventeen hours in the middle of summer. She had a case of water in the car and it was either drink or die, and she just would not pee in the car. She wasn't obstructed or anything, she held it with her strength alone.

Nurse friend measured a tiny bit over 2500ml upon arrival at the hospital.

This topic has appeared on many, many sites, and a lot of alleged data has been used to support to support or refute claims that either men or women have larger bladder capacity or can hold their pee longer.  There have been no conclusive medical studies that I know of, so we rely mostly on anecdotal reports and small-sample observations.  

As far as maximum capacities are concerned, most of the extreme reports are related to pathology/bladder obstruction.  I've read a lot about the subject, and my guesstimate is that less than 10% of the population might hold one liter or more, and less than 1% at 1500mL.  The issue has no published normal-population studies that I'm aware of.  Like Wombat, I'm inclined to be skeptical of some of the self-reported capacities on the Internet.  

I don't understand why some people think pointing out average differences between men and women is "sexist". I've studied as a nurse and incontinence is more common even among young nulliparous women than among their male peers, practically every study done on the topic shows this, but of course there are exceptions to the rule. I gather this has to do with female anatomy which looks quite different from male anatomy down there.

I don't have any opinion about male vs female capacity, but I know that it can also vary a lot with the same person, depending on the situation and the various things.

I don't say that this is the same thing for everyone, but at least it seems to be so to my wife.

(I feel sometimes awkward to write these things to here, but anyway...)

In a normal day, in a normal situation, she can be a very long time (even about "whole day") without needing to visit in a toilet.
It also seems that even if she (probably) has very full bladder, many times it doesn't seem to bother her too much and she can many times "hide" it well and doesn't show any sings to outside. (But I can't read her mind so these are only my own guesses).

So I would say that she is a person who is good for holding.

But if she waits too long, she will reach the point where she can't hold very much longer and suddenly it gets visible that she is very desperate.
She has few certain "sings" that are easy to recognize when it happens and she can't hide them.

The reason why I told all that information is that I try to explain that I know when she is reaching her limit and can't wait any longer, or if she only needs to pee badly but she can still wait a while. There is a big difference between these two.

I know that she can physically hold around 1000 ml, we have measured this couple of times.
In these times she was visited in a toilet rather recently earlier (compared to her normal habit)  but after that visit she had drunk a lot during a rather short time.

But I have seen also situation where she was visible very desperate when holding just about 350 ml. In that time she was not visited in toilet for a while. 

Mostly it seems to be around 600-750 ml when she gets very desperate. 

This is my own weird theory, but to me, it seems like she can hold either a certain amount or a certain time, whichever comes first full. 

She can drink a lot in a short time and can hold even 1000 ml, but she can get very desperate also from much less amount if she has been a long time without using a toilet.

So it can vary a lot.

I didnt understand the idea that saying men have ways that make holding easier than women is sexist either or that by statistics  men or women having a difference in compacity levels shouldn't be that way like its sexist if it is, everyone is born different, literally omoninja stated its easier for guys to hold, which in ways is true! It has nothing to do with will power or gender, but the difference with genitals in my eyes, women cant pitch the end of their urethra like men can, i as a girl always found men can hold it easier, not by will power, because everyone is born different, but the sheer fact they can hold it it by grabbing that area, women cant exact “grab” their vaginas, they can press on it but that really isnt that effective, i always felt that it depends on your liquid intake as well as the idea that everyone has a different bladder size, my lover can drink his canteen bottle of water and get desperate an hour after from just one bottle, where as i can drink the same amount and i dont get desperate as fast and it takes 2 of those before i reach his level

• 2 weeks later...

I had a holding contest with my husband a few weeks ago.  He measured at 1400 ml (at 6'6") and I measured 1300 ml (at 5'4").  I wasn't quite at my limit yet, either, though he was at his.  I was very surprised that he didn't come in way ahead of me (in fact, I held much longer and won the overall contest, hehe).  I'd expected someone so much larger than me to have a much bigger capacity.  

Interestingly, he and I both "trained" ourselves in our childhoods to be able to hold for a long time (for different reasons - mine is that I'm extremely pee-shy and couldn't go at school).  I'm wondering if that had anything to do with our similar (and decent-sized) capacities.  

I'm of the opinion that we're all the product of our own experiences, and therefore something like bladder capacity would be highly individualized as would be things like lung capacity or stomach capacity.  I'm not sure gender is a useful predictor here.  I'd hazard a guess that the models are either playing things up or just naturally on the small side.  

• 2 years later...

I was going to start a thread about this but I figured that somebody probably already started one because it came up in my topic about worst jobs for women needing to pee and I thought it deserved a thread of its own. But seeing as there already is one I will put in my two cents.

I agree that it is of course very individual, I think most people realize that there are some men who have small bladders and some women who have small bladders and some men and women who have very large bladders, with people in fetish communities perhaps being one of the more extreme ends. I have always said that you really can't get an unbiased sample from people who have deliberately made a habit of holding it to extremes. And it's true that you can expand your bladder to some degree, but also to some degree you are stuck with what you are born with as you can only expand a muscle so far. No matter how much you train not everybody is going to be able to become a star athlete. Like I know this German woman who can hold for 24 hours and I know that no matter how much practice I get I am never going to be able to hold as much as she is, it's just not going to happen. She said that she got that way through a lot of practice and I don't doubt that is true, but lots of people practice and will never have a capacity even remotely close to that.

I also agree it's not necessarily sexist to state biological facts that they are different biological facts about men and women, biological differences when it comes to urinary and reproductive systems, which in both sexes are close together and closely linked. The feminist in me wants to say that we ladies have the bigger bladders, but I begrudgingly admit that the realist in me who has been really giving a lot of thought to this question, observing things for a long time, and researching it online has to admit I tend to think that women have several disadvantages when it comes to bladder capacity.

First off it's not all about bladder capacity. Bladders come in various sizes in both men and women, but there are also other factors such as the following.

-I have read that the male urethra is typically 20 mm long where the female urethra is only 4 mm. The difference is that studies have been done that shows that the male bladder can generate more pressure, nearly twice as much as the female bladder, suggesting it's not all just bladder capacity, but that the urethral strength in this case favors men. This is why it's more common for women to say suffer leaks and perhaps even suffer more pressure when they are desperate. And when it comes to holding men are in the advantage in that they can actually grab the urethra where as women can basically just cross our legs and grab ourselves but we can't really grab the urethra or try to pinch it shut, even though most men who tell me that they have tried pinching it shut actually do find it rather painful.

-I also remember reading a long time ago, but I can't remember where that male and female bladders fill up at different rates and have slightly different shapes. The male bladder is more upright so it fills more gradually, meaning that a man might feel the urge to go to the bathroom sooner but might not get as desperate as quickly. The female bladder is more bowl shaped, so it might be a case where it will keep filling up and they won't feel it right away but then all of a sudden it's like wow while the sudden I really have to go, which is why women sometimes end up having sudden emergencies where they might have been holding it for a while without being desperate, and then all of a sudden it's like, well I suddenly have to go really bad. This suggests that desperation for men might be more gradual but for women more sudden, which given that women often have longer waits to use the bathroom is extremely disadvantageous in that regard.

-Then there is the fact that there is anatomical differences in the fact that women have a uterus and men do not. Obviously when a woman is pregnant that does a lot of damage to the bladder and she has to go more, but even a nonpregnant woman has less room for the bladder to expand because of the uterus. When you look at most pictures of male and female bladders it often is very obvious that the male bladder looks like it's much larger, where the female bladder looks like it's crushed under the weight of the uterus.

This is something that always particularly annoyed me, because as a person who doesn't want children like, it's kind of annoying that I have to sacrifice bladder capacity and expansion to accommodate a uterus that I don't really intend on ever using! I have even referred to it as that fiendish uterus in that regard LOL.

-I read a study that was done by the Journal of urology that they had men and women record urinary diaries where they logged every time they went to the bathroom. I think it was over a course of two weeks, but I can't remember if that was the exact rate of time, but what they found is that men went on average 3 to 4 times a day where women averaged 6 to 7 visits in the same amount of time, suggesting that women go nearly twice or more than twice as often as men. This is the only study I know of its kind but it does strongly suggest that this means that women do actually go to the bathroom more.

And just from observation in general I can say this seems to be the case. Again I realize that everyone's different, but I have noticed that I always go to the bathroom way more than male companions who often go most of the day without using the bathroom, but then so do a lot of women I know. But it definitely seems like men do not have to go to the bathroom as frequently. Even popular culture seems to depict this, not that that's an authoritative source, but when you look at most situations it does seem like women are going to the bathroom more often and there are always longer lines at the ladies room, of course that is also due other factors not related to how often the bathroom is used but due to lack of toilets.

But it does seem like when you see a line up you see more women going to use the bathroom at anytime than men. Men rarely have lines because they can use the bathroom quickly but you also see fewer men lining up to use the bathroom say at such events like an intermission. It does seem like women often need the bathroom more than men do and often all charge towards the bathroom at once, whereas men can often go through an event without having to visit the bathroom at all.

-I have never heard of a formal study done on it but I have talked to numerous trans-women who were born biologically male and transitioned to female and they have all told me the same thing that very consistently pee a lot more now that they have proper female anatomy. Some could argue the fact that it was surgically created might have weakened the urethral muscles, but I think that it goes back to the first point, because the genitals of a transgender woman are indistinguishable from that of a genetic women. This suggests that the urethral strength does actually play a role if transgender women find themselves peeing a lot more with female anatomy than they did with male anatomy.

So again while I would like to believe that the super holders are all women, all of these facts to me suggests that it is men who have larger bladder capacity or who can hold longer in general, even removing other factors such as bladder conditions, menstruation and pregnancy.

I think that in this regard women get the raw end of the deal or the short end of the stick, the worst of both worlds. First there is the fact that it does seem like women have to pee more often, maybe even twice as much on average as men, while at the same time women often have only half for a third as many places to pee when a bathroom is available, and fewer options of relieving themselves when there is no bathroom available. And I think that there is also the fact that women are just in general expected to hold more. So again the worst-case scenario, we both have to go more often but are expected to hold longer.

However as sort of a source of feminist pride maybe that can be our consolation. The fact is that we have to go more but often end up going less meaning that women can perhaps endure more bladder pain than men can. It's known that women will often patiently wait for a restroom whereas men tend to be less patient. When a man is denied a bathroom he will usually find some other option or get rather angry or annoyed, where as women just sort of stoically go on holding.

But I often think that even though women have to go to the bathroom more often that in a lot of cases men go more often than women just because the opportunity arises. One of the thing that I really hate about my job, I mean really really really hate, is the fact that my male coworkers will pee numerous times throughout the day on average, where my female coworkers, despite perhaps having to go actually more than the men, hold the entire day. But the men because they have the opportunity get to relieve themselves several times before the women have relieved themselves once. So again it suggests that women are just able to put up with more when it comes to bladder pain and holding it simply out of necessity.

However I feel that that is sort of a small consolation prize when it comes down to it. Having the smaller bladder capacity while having to wait longer again is the worst of both worlds, and I think that I speak for a lot of us, or if not most of us, when I say that in a lot of cases, even those of us who do enjoy holding, we would rather be getting to pee more often we we need it and having to go less instead of having to pee more and go less. I know I sure would!

On 2/14/2021 at 1:41 PM, DesperateJill said:

I was going to start a thread about this but I figured that somebody probably already started one because it came up in my topic about worst jobs for women needing to pee and I thought it deserved a thread of its own. But seeing as there already is one I will put in my two cents.

I agree that it is of course very individual, I think most people realize that there are some men who have small bladders and some women who have small bladders and some men and women who have very large bladders, with people in fetish communities perhaps being one of the more extreme ends. I have always said that you really can't get an unbiased sample from people who have deliberately made a habit of holding it to extremes. And it's true that you can expand your bladder to some degree, but also to some degree you are stuck with what you are born with as you can only expand a muscle so far. No matter how much you train not everybody is going to be able to become a star athlete. Like I know this German woman who can hold for 24 hours and I know that no matter how much practice I get I am never going to be able to hold as much as she is, it's just not going to happen. She said that she got that way through a lot of practice and I don't doubt that is true, but lots of people practice and will never have a capacity even remotely close to that.

I also agree it's not necessarily sexist to state biological facts that they are different biological facts about men and women, biological differences when it comes to urinary and reproductive systems, which in both sexes are close together and closely linked. The feminist in me wants to say that we ladies have the bigger bladders, but I begrudgingly admit that the realist in me who has been really giving a lot of thought to this question, observing things for a long time, and researching it online has to admit I tend to think that women have several disadvantages when it comes to bladder capacity.

First off it's not all about bladder capacity. Bladders come in various sizes in both men and women, but there are also other factors such as the following.

-I have read that the male urethra is typically 20 mm long where the female urethra is only 4 mm. The difference is that studies have been done that shows that the male bladder can generate more pressure, nearly twice as much as the female bladder, suggesting it's not all just bladder capacity, but that the urethral strength in this case favors men. This is why it's more common for women to say suffer leaks and perhaps even suffer more pressure when they are desperate. And when it comes to holding men are in the advantage in that they can actually grab the urethra where as women can basically just cross our legs and grab ourselves but we can't really grab the urethra or try to pinch it shut, even though most men who tell me that they have tried pinching it shut actually do find it rather painful.

-I also remember reading a long time ago, but I can't remember where that male and female bladders fill up at different rates and have slightly different shapes. The male bladder is more upright so it fills more gradually, meaning that a man might feel the urge to go to the bathroom sooner but might not get as desperate as quickly. The female bladder is more bowl shaped, so it might be a case where it will keep filling up and they won't feel it right away but then all of a sudden it's like wow while the sudden I really have to go, which is why women sometimes end up having sudden emergencies where they might have been holding it for a while without being desperate, and then all of a sudden it's like, well I suddenly have to go really bad. This suggests that desperation for men might be more gradual but for women more sudden, which given that women often have longer waits to use the bathroom is extremely disadvantageous in that regard.

-Then there is the fact that there is anatomical differences in the fact that women have a uterus and men do not. Obviously when a woman is pregnant that does a lot of damage to the bladder and she has to go more, but even a nonpregnant woman has less room for the bladder to expand because of the uterus. When you look at most pictures of male and female bladders it often is very obvious that the male bladder looks like it's much larger, where the female bladder looks like it's crushed under the weight of the uterus.

This is something that always particularly annoyed me, because as a person who doesn't want children like, it's kind of annoying that I have to sacrifice bladder capacity and expansion to accommodate a uterus that I don't really intend on ever using! I have even referred to it as that fiendish uterus in that regard LOL.

-I read a study that was done by the Journal of urology that they had men and women record urinary diaries where they logged every time they went to the bathroom. I think it was over a course of two weeks, but I can't remember if that was the exact rate of time, but what they found is that men went on average 3 to 4 times a day where women averaged 6 to 7 visits in the same amount of time, suggesting that women go nearly twice or more than twice as often as men. This is the only study I know of its kind but it does strongly suggest that this means that women do actually go to the bathroom more.

And just from observation in general I can say this seems to be the case. Again I realize that everyone's different, but I have noticed that I always go to the bathroom way more than male companions who often go most of the day without using the bathroom, but then so do a lot of women I know. But it definitely seems like men do not have to go to the bathroom as frequently. Even popular culture seems to depict this, not that that's an authoritative source, but when you look at most situations it does seem like women are going to the bathroom more often and there are always longer lines at the ladies room, of course that is also due other factors not related to how often the bathroom is used but due to lack of toilets.

But it does seem like when you see a line up you see more women going to use the bathroom at anytime than men. Men rarely have lines because they can use the bathroom quickly but you also see fewer men lining up to use the bathroom say at such events like an intermission. It does seem like women often need the bathroom more than men do and often all charge towards the bathroom at once, whereas men can often go through an event without having to visit the bathroom at all.

-I have never heard of a formal study done on it but I have talked to numerous trans-women who were born biologically male and transitioned to female and they have all told me the same thing that very consistently pee a lot more now that they have proper female anatomy. Some could argue the fact that it was surgically created might have weakened the urethral muscles, but I think that it goes back to the first point, because the genitals of a transgender woman are indistinguishable from that of a genetic women. This suggests that the urethral strength does actually play a role if transgender women find themselves peeing a lot more with female anatomy than they did with male anatomy.

So again while I would like to believe that the super holders are all women, all of these facts to me suggests that it is men who have larger bladder capacity or who can hold longer in general, even removing other factors such as bladder conditions, menstruation and pregnancy.

I think that in this regard women get the raw end of the deal or the short end of the stick, the worst of both worlds. First there is the fact that it does seem like women have to pee more often, maybe even twice as much on average as men, while at the same time women often have only half for a third as many places to pee when a bathroom is available, and fewer options of relieving themselves when there is no bathroom available. And I think that there is also the fact that women are just in general expected to hold more. So again the worst-case scenario, we both have to go more often but are expected to hold longer.

However as sort of a source of feminist pride maybe that can be our consolation. The fact is that we have to go more but often end up going less meaning that women can perhaps endure more bladder pain than men can. It's known that women will often patiently wait for a restroom whereas men tend to be less patient. When a man is denied a bathroom he will usually find some other option or get rather angry or annoyed, where as women just sort of stoically go on holding.

But I often think that even though women have to go to the bathroom more often that in a lot of cases men go more often than women just because the opportunity arises. One of the thing that I really hate about my job, I mean really really really hate, is the fact that my male coworkers will pee numerous times throughout the day on average, where my female coworkers, despite perhaps having to go actually more than the men, hold the entire day. But the men because they have the opportunity get to relieve themselves several times before the women have relieved themselves once. So again it suggests that women are just able to put up with more when it comes to bladder pain and holding it simply out of necessity.

However I feel that that is sort of a small consolation prize when it comes down to it. Having the smaller bladder capacity while having to wait longer again is the worst of both worlds, and I think that I speak for a lot of us, or if not most of us, when I say that in a lot of cases, even those of us who do enjoy holding, we would rather be getting to pee more often we we need it and having to go less instead of having to pee more and go less. I know I sure would!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this Gill. I think of this as a pet subject of mine and wanted to add a bit to what you say. Ever since my teenage years, the idea of women with very large capacity has been a major aspect of my fetish. I'm a scientist by trade and over the years I've researched the topic quite a bit. Initially to try to confirm my fantasies and later just out of interest. I was taken by your comment about wishing you could justify a form of feminist pride from female superiority in this regard. I guess I have an inverted form of that.

I've read every paper I can access on voiding parameters and urination habits. I agree that they generally find that in unforced situations women urinate slightly more frequently than men and with a slightly smaller voided volume. Big standard deviations on these numbers meaning there are some serious outliers of course. You might remember my bladder size index chart that I decided to correct for people's overall body size in determining how impressive someone's capacity is. The papers don't provide the data or the height ranges of people in the studies but I've tried assuming that all the men and women were average height for their respective genders and working out the bladder size index scores. I've concluded that when corrected in this way. There's no significant difference between the genders.

You're absolutely right about the difference in shape between the male and female bladder. The female is more prolate, broader across the body and sits slightly lower. It tends to expand outward and sideways rather than a more upward expansion in the male. One major difference which I don't think you mentioned is in something called bladder compliance. This is a urodynamic quantity which concerns the ease with which the bladder expands. It's defined as the amount of pressure increase required to cause a particular volume increase. The female bladder typically has much higher compliance than the male meaning that it takes less pressure to expand it. This makes perfect sense as women have much shorter and wider urethras which are less suited to holding back high pressures. I've also read that hormones in pregnancy, progesterone I think, actually increase compliance further so as to deal with the stress on the bladder from childbirth.

You mentioned that you feel that having a short wide uretha is a disadvantage. I can see that but, and this is my fetish talking now, I love the idea that women who are able to hold large amounts do so with a real effort of keeping themselves closed against the low hung weight of urine pressing in the most intimate of places. It's a lovely idea and very impressive that women can endure that for as long as they can. I'm also continually amazed by the force with which many women can urinate. I can't help feeling that it must be a joyous sensation to empty ones bladder so quickly.

As regards holding it in stressed situations, my experience is that women, whether from stamina or something else, have much better endurance. I love this.

In short Gill, I don't think you have any cause to feel inferior as a woman.

@Racehorse
I thank you for your response. I have always been interested in hearing from people who know the science behind these things. I hope you don't mind if I quote you directly when I bring up this topic in my blog later. This is also an interest of me mostly just from a fetish perspective I suppose, but also just from a practical experience as I have always wondered whether men or women have greater bladder capacity, and like I said although I would like to take some feminist pride in the idea that women are the better holders, at the same time most evidence I have seen does seem to suggest otherwise, and after spending about an hour looking at various websites about what you told me about bladder compliance it definitely seems that it is the grim truth, and I always say science is true whether you desire it to be or not. So although I would like to be saying us girls can out hold you guys any day, the evidence of women suffering incredible desperation, running to toilets, getting stuck in long lines and often searching for a bathroom while men are still sitting comfortably, as well as suffering more accidents and things of that nature, show otherwise.

And that is why I responded to your post with the crying icon because essentially what you are saying is, yep ladies, you got the raw end of the deal yet again, you feel the desperation more, you have to pee more often, it's more painful for you to hold it and you have to hold it more often! Lucky you! Reality is often harsh and I can see that that's why people probably frequently deny it. But I believe in accepting reality and science however unfair it may happen to be towards me. Women just got the raw deal when it comes to urination and to deny that fact would be to deny reality. You have no Y chromosomes so you will have to learn to deal with this, and I have, but that still doesn't make it any less frustrating!

I want to point out that I have never felt inferior as a woman simply because I cannot pee as easily as guys can, it's not a feeling of inferiority, as one particular member here seems to bring up often, but there is sort of a feeling of general jealousy, that when it comes to urination guys sort of won the lottery and we got the short end of the stick, both in terms of needing to go more and paradoxically getting to go less. It's just like women seem to be disadvantaged in basically every major way when it comes to relieving ourselves or getting through the day comfortably with a full bladder. I was actually having a conversation in email with this about how one guy felt that one of the attractive things about female desperation is that bathroom difficulties are mainly a woman problem, sort of a feminine thing, and that a woman having to hold it in is sort of very female, that it makes her more female somehow. In fact the person said specifically that hearing about my accounts of having to hold it as a woman seem to put me in a more feminine position, to make me more femininely attractive in that regard.

He actually made one point it kind of hit close to home and that I couldn't deny was very true. He said that until I got my job where I had to hold it I often enjoyed seeing other women suffer desperation the same way a man would. For all my talk about how guys are lucky to witness desperation without having to experience it until relatively recently that type of female desperation was rare for me to actually experience myself. And now he feels that it has made me more female so to speak, the fact that I now have to deal with these feminine bathroom difficulties on a regular basis myself, not in the abstract, but actually having to deal with it.

You can sometimes act like you are one of the guys but as soon as you realize that your anatomy doesn't let you go and relieve yourselves as easily as them you realize very much, especially in these type of situations, how very female you are at the core. And although your feminist pride may say that you don't want to feel you are a damsel in distress, while you are sitting there in the back of a van longing for a bathroom while your male companions are relieving themselves you can't help but feel that you are a woman who is pretty much at the mercy of your biological anatomy. Nothing reminds you about how gender really does make a difference than when you are with a group of people and all the guys start going in the bushes and you stand there like, well I guess I have to sit this one out! And because you don't want to seem weak you just sort of act like it doesn't bother you, you sort of suck it up and deal with it, even though seeing that makes you pretty much want to scream because you would love to be relieving yourself just like they are! But hey, female anatomy says sorry, remember you're a girl and you pee like one!

In that regard I guess you could say it is sort of a matter of pride, in a feminist sense or otherwise, that women could say that being able to hold it or even having to hold that long shows the strength of women. On the one hand we have to go a lot more, but on the other hand we end up holding it more and having to endure more. And I do think that a lot of being a woman has to do with putting up with a lot of inconvenience like this. And I do think that women do manage pain better. That was something I had forgotten to bring up that I had meant to bring up in my original response. I remember reading somewhere that evolution favored men to be able to take more quick bursts of pain such as in a fight, whereas women were more designed to endure long-term persistent pain such as childbirth, but I thought that that could also be true in regards to the fact that women are more able to deal with the long-term pain of a full bladder. Simply put that in terms of this type of pain women can just put up with more.

So it is true that to some degree I do take pride in the fact that I can hold it all day, such as at my job when I never thought that I could, especially when male coworkers are getting to relieve themselves. That is what a woman I chat with often says, that I should feel pride because a woman should be able to hold it. But that is where I sort of disagree, and here again is why the crying icon in regards to this post, is that who wants to really be in the disadvantaged position? I mean some people like a challenge, but I have to admit I kind of like things easy and convenient! So yeah again there is pride in being able to deal with a situation like that, to overcome hardship, but I would rather be the one getting to relieve myself whenever I want rather than having to hold it all day!

It almost made me think of you know somehow they have that website where you can create challenges where you select options and then it tells you say drink this much or wait this long to simulate a desperate experience. The way I thought of it if those were realistic you would always have the experience biased against women. Like if you are setting all the stats you would have the woman's bladder meter feeling fuller sooner than the male bladder one. Then you would also have it such that the male players in the game would be able to relieve themselves numerous times before you even got to go once! Now that would be a more realistic game for me, a game that like the reality is rigged against women when it comes to relieving yourself.

This is again when I say that male urinary privilege is a real thing. It's like I remember this meme that shows like a person running a race that shows a white guy just running around a lap, but it shows a black woman with an ankle chain having to jump over hurdles and pits full of alligators and stuff like that to illustrate the difference between being privileged and nonprivileged, and I thought that you could apply the same to women's bathroom experiences. Maybe somebody can make a meme about that! When it comes to relieving yourself as a woman there is simply a lot more obstacles and hurdles that you have to overcome compared to a man who doesn't have similar issues.

It could go something like this. You start out on a bus ride as your bladder meter starts filling. The male bladder meter feels more slowly but the women's bladder meter feels the desperation more. During the bus trip over the course of six hours there are three stops, one every 2 hours, but at every single stop except for the last one only the men get to relieve themselves on the side of the road. So basically the idea is that the hurdle to overcome is that women have to do all of the same activities that the men do but they have to also do it with a painfully full bladder while the men are comfortable and loose and easy. And then when women finally do reach the final stop there is still an enormous line that they have to wait in on top of everything else.

Again there is definite pride into overcoming a challenge like that. Like in situations where I have been in chat and I have been able to out hold men that I was having a holding contest with I felt a lot of pride with that, but also feeling that I kind of disadvantaged, because during that time they didn't seem like they were nearly as uncomfortable as I am and I think that's because there is more pressure in the female bladder, now that you have enlightened me to that fact.

I also get why you enjoy the idea of a woman being able to endure all of that, and I get the appeal of that as well. But even if you enjoy being desperate I think you have to ask yourself if you were in that bus ride that I just said theoretically, would you rather be the one who has the bladder meter expanding more rapidly while getting fewer opportunities to relieve yourself, or would you rather be the one watching the other person suffer with a full bladder and getting to relieve yourself? The question is moot because as far as the world goes as a guy you are always in that position of relief while the women are in the opposite position. So again congrats on that, but this is where the jealousy comes in. I am sure that most women would prefer to be in the position of relief instead of the position of discomfort, but lucky for the guys who prefer seeing the women in discomfort and getting to relieve themselves they always have the good fortune of urinary privilege.

But yes I agree with everything that you said, and again I find it interesting and fascinating. Even though I do find myself jealous that men often can relieve themselves more easily and don't have as much bladder pain, I do feel that one of the things that keeps desperation interesting is this very fact of inequality. The fact that it is more challenging for women to gain relief and having to endure a full bladder is what makes the entire situation exciting, it's just that when all of the burden of the excitement is put on you as the one holding it can get exhausting sometimes!

And don't worry about getting my name wrong, even my speech recognition software sometimes gets my name wrong, and when I pronounce my name sometimes it types the word kill! I am like you should be able to understand my name and how I pronounce it by now, especially since I also use it for most of the fictional characters in my desperation stories since they are largely based off of me! I actually have never met a Gill though and I always thought that maybe it was just another way of spelling my name with a G instead of the J. I did once know a Gillian but Jill, Gill and Gillian are all different names.