Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Desperate in the Great Outdoors

How many people have fantasized   or have personally experienced being desperate when enjoying the great outdoors? 

I have always dreamed of spending a trip/vacation with someone hiking or camping while being completely and utterly desperate with one another. 

It is a dream that one day I will hopefully makea reality...but in the meantime what are some of your experiences? 

Was it planned? Were you by yourself or with multiple people?

How did you get desperate in the first place? 

I would love to hear from both men and women so feel free to leave your responses below  ?

Edited by Brandon_W2 (see edit history)

Well can't say I fantasise about this topic, but I have a true recollection as in, my late teens, I  use to help run a local UK canoe club. Now  every year we went on a week-long camping trip down the River Wye the last day was on the tidal part of this river and one year the woman main leader Miss Tallet a young PE teacher got all the tides mixed up and the long a short of it was we were left stranded in the middle of this muddy estuary and did not have enough water to get to the bank and hence get out so we had to sit it out for a number of hours for the tide to come back in so we could get up to the bank! We had a long paddle all that morning to get to this point and there were about 14 of us in total that year more girls from 16 to 19 all doing part of there Duke Of Edinburgh award scheme! Well, you can imagine after a long mornings paddle most people were very much in need of a pee then when we ran aground on the mud that was it you could not get out of your canoe!

Miss Tallet just told everyone it was OK to just go pee in the canoes! As I say these canoes well they were Kayaks really with very narrow keyhole entry cockpits we had spray decks on and bulky large Ottersport life jackets trying to stand up or pee over the side was a non-starter, She said not to worry about it or even try this. So slowly one by one just about every one pissed themselves just sitting in the canoes most of us had tracksuit bottoms on this was in the 1970's so we had the tight Nylon Adidas stirrup type track bottoms then back then most of the canoes which were the old canvas type we had took a bit of water in so you often had a wet bum anyway. But the interesting thing was some gave very graphic accounts of there desperation then they would just shut up and go quiet! So you knew they had just wet in the canoe! Now us leaders had the modern grp canoes which did not leak! I well remember when at last the tide came back in and we had enough water so were able to get to the bank and hence get out, seeing the gorgeous Miss Tallet exit her canoe showing a very soggy bum and the fact that she had weed her self-was to much for a 17-year-old. Guess what I had to do later in some very dense private woodland thinking about what I had seen and had happened.  Kev.

Edited by kevy19 (see edit history)

I love having to pee when I'm outside, but generally I don't get super desperate.  Bc I enjoying peeing outdoors I dont have a problem going off the trail a bit and popping a squat (and keeping a very close eye out for poison ivy!). Even when I'm with a bunch of people I'll find an excuse to get away from the group for a few minutes and I haven't been caught yet.

There was one time when I was getting pretty desperate, bc we were in a canoe and kayak.  A friend of mine we will call her Alissa, she has slim build (i dont remember what she was wearing other than a 2 piece) and I were in the canoe. I'm a girl in my 20s and also had on a two piece with black bottoms and a black and pink top. I am average height slim and athletic. My boyfriend was in the kayak and not really part of this story other than being with us.

So we had all been on the water for several hours and also been drinking lots of water since it was hot.  I started having to pee pretty bad but it was going to be at least an hour to get back to the dock where we had started and none of us were really ready to head in yet anyway.  If I had been in my kayak I would have just jumped in the water to pee, but the canoe had much higher sides and I was really worried about getting back in without tipping it.  I also didn't just want to pee in the canoe since that's not really fair to Alissa who isnt into this kink.  So after some debating among the three of us its decided that its probably easiest to hang my bum off over the side of the canoe and pee into the water that way (in hindsight jumping in the water would have been easier lol)

It took a few tries to get the balance right between the two of us to not tip the canoe, I'm sure if anyone saw us they probably thought we were crazy.  Anyway once I was positioned I actually had a hard time starting to go bc I was working so hard on not falling into the water (remember i did not want to have to attempt to climb back into the canoe) after a good 30 seconds or so i was finally able to relax enough i could start peeing, and I even managed to hit the water not the canoe something i was quite proud of.  

After I was done Alissa decided she had to go too.  So repeat us trying not to tip over again although she is a lot more coordinated than me.  I wanted to watch so bad but also did not want to invade her privacy.  But man did she have to go, she had a full steam for over a minute before it slowed down for almost another minute before stopping.

After this we decided to head back to shore, where alcohol fueled lots of fun between the 3 of us. Sadly there was no omo stuff involved, but it was my first time with a threesome so that was pretty awsome

This is just an opinion, but I feel like girls get more desperate in the great outdoors than guys.

In the experiences I have had over the years, which probably differs from others, the women/girls that I have known have been reluctant to pee outdoors and hold it until its a dire emergency and just can't wait anymore. They would rather be extremely uncomfortable and wait for a bathroom then just going off the trail or otherwise and going behind a tree or bush.

On the other hand, the guys I have known have had no issue whatsoever doing it. They just have gone more out of sight so not to be seen by the girls.

Just giving my input on the whole thing. Does anyone have similar experiences?

Absolutely. In my experience, guys don’t even worry about being especially out of sight- turning away and facing a bush will suffice.

I knew a girl who got on the brink of heatstroke from dehydration, because she didn’t want to drink any more due to her pressing need to pee. She eventually gave up and found a tree, but she would’ve done anything to avoid it.

It can be difficult when a group of girls want to go and pee at the same time. I was in such a situation, hiking, once. One of the girls suggested we did a buddy system- stay in pairs or groups of three, with one peeing and the rest dutifully turning away. We decided this wasn’t necessary- how lost could we get?- but in the sparsely forested area we were in, there weren’t many spots for privacy, and we had to venture further afield. Whilst guys are used to urinals and pee in rows, girls are self-conscious about people seeing/hearing any part of them during urination, I find.

On a different trip, I was sharing a tent with a couple of girls. One of them desperately had to pee, but it was pitch black outside! She ended up going right behind the tent- the other two of us could hear every second of the stream, including a little sound of relief she let out. It was pretty awkward as we maintained conversation and tried to pretend we couldn’t hear.

One of the unfortunate things about hiking is that you sweat a lot, and that means your bladder doesn’t fill nearly as often. On one memorable 36-hour trip, I only had to pee twice. 

I've done quite a lot of walking, but never really had any desperate experiences personally. I didn't have a problem with trees or bushes!

When I did the DofE expeditions, though, some of the girls in the other group really did seem keen to get the campsite toilets as soon as they arrived (we were usually there first!). I remember one pretty much running straight in there without greeting us, then saying afterwards that she didn't even have time to take her rucksack off before sitting down.

Although we weren't in mixed groups then, a few of us (three, I think) came back to help supervise expeditions the following year, which was pretty good fun! We used my car to roughly follow 'our' group, trying to get into positions where we could monitor their progress and generally keep as close as possible to them. That involved a lot of walking, sometimes on parallel routes and sometimes heading back towards them on the same route before hiding somewhere (we managed to get within about five yards of them at one point by hiding behind a farm trailer!) then taking another route back to the car to get ahead of them again. That meant that we were out and about for most of the day. One of the girls that I was with suggested, pretty early on, that she "really needed the loo", but thought that she'd probably be okay. Fortunately for my moral compass but unfortunately from an omo point of view, we had to pretty much go through the middle of a small town whilst trying to get ahead of them in the car, so I suggested that we stop at the public toilets. It could have ended up so different though, hiding in hedgerows or whatever with the girls trying to hide their desperate struggle!

At one of the campsites, there were no toilets so we had a portable chemical toilet and a little tent to put it in. It wasn't the nicest thing to use, and one of the girls was particularly keen not to use it. We were all sharing a tent, and she was complaining how much she needed to pee when we woke up the next morning. Stubborn as ever, though, she held it all the way through breakfast, packing everything away (including the toilet tent), getting the groups on their way and finally driving to the nearby town to use the public toilets there.

Many years ago I went on a camping trip around the southwest US. The two of us went by car and with a small tent for the night. We would mostly use undeveloped campgrounds or BLM land, hardly ever equipped with facilities. In this era I was so much into holding it the more often the better that I decided to practice each and every day. Hardly ever I went before bursting and that meant to reduce peeing to once per day or twice at the most. Never I went because of the time of day and so the moment when I thought I had to quit sometimes did not come in handy. So several times I had to struggle painfully and involuntarily for another hour or two. I managed to have to feel a burdensome to urging or annoying pressure for many hours every day and I enjoyed it. Not just once I remember crawling into my sleeping bag with a bladder pent up since early morning, hardly able to sleep in, but managed. To enhance my will to stand the urge I always chose the position in the tent away from the exit. If I really had to give up I had to wake up my companion and cross over to get out. Once I remember swimming in Lake Powell with an absolutely full bladder and I would not let loose, come what will. Over the whole vacation I went commando wearing rather tight light blue jeans shorts that would show any mishap. But only once I miscalculated my holding abilities when I slipped on a steep trail and nearly dropped some feet down into a ditch. My friend laughed at my obviously wet crotch and commented like 'Here you are! You better not wait for so long to go pee - at least I didn't see you going for hours'. This seemed the right moment for me to inform him that I would intentionally refrain from peeing as long as possible all the time on our trip. At first he would not believe that I just voided every 16 to 24 hours but admitted that he hardly ever had seen me go pee. As he was not at all into omo he just smiled and stated 'that's your thing and not mine'. Anyhow, every now and then he made fun of me or teased me when I finally went for a leak: 'Act like a man, refrain and stay here, don't let yourself go because of this little bit of an urgency'

I don't get to go camping much, but there are some great walking trails near where I live. I don't exactly have the largest bladder, so I end up having to go pretty badly basically every time I walk on one, but sometimes I'll deliberately drink lots just beforehand. In those cases I nearly always resort to risking peeing outside (these trails are fairly popular as well, so the chances of being caught are quite high), and I haven't always made it back with completely dry underwear...

• 1 year later...

One time when I was trick or treating with some seniors in High School (I was a sophomore back then, I'm a senior now myself) I had to pee while we were trick or treating. I asked them if we could just ask someone to use their bathroom, but they said no. The only other option I had was to pee outside. So I went into a nearby forest and peed on a tree there. After we were done trick or treating, I asked them not to tell anyone and they were pretty cool about it, and one of them said "If I could pee outside, I definitely would. That would be awesome." That made my night.

On 8/7/2018 at 7:48 PM, Brandon_W2 said:

How many people have fantasized   or have personally experienced being desperate when enjoying the great outdoors? 

I have always dreamed of spending a trip/vacation with someone hiking or camping while being completely and utterly desperate with one another. 

It is a dream that one day I will hopefully makea reality...but in the meantime what are some of your experiences? 

Was it planned? Were you by yourself or with multiple people?

How did you get desperate in the first place? 

I would love to hear from both men and women so feel free to leave your responses below  ?

I certainly fantasize about this scenario.