Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

Anime that Make You Cry

Pokemon. (Hear me out) When i think of team rocket's backstories, i feel really bad for them. Meowth worked his ass off learning human speech to impress Meowsie, and she called him a freak and rejected him. James was engaged to an overbearing control freak, Jessebell and ran away from home because of her. Jessie came from a very poor background. I mean, 99 percent of the time i find the show hilarious, it's just that when i really think about it, i can't help but feel sorry for team rocket.

Clannad After Story

Your Lie in April

Sangatsu No Lion

A Place Further Than the Universe

Made in Abyss

You don't need animoo, just read about samurai and Japanese patriots, you'll weep like no tomorrow

On 2/4/2019 at 12:18 PM, Janiseguchi said:

Grave of the fireflies. Just a very sad movie. I am a very emotional person.

1000% yes. This is just what I was going to post, Grave of the Fireflies is the single most heartbreaking movie I've ever seen. I'm not an overly emotional person but I can not watch this movie without at least getting teary eyed. First time I watched this with my girlfriend we both ended up crying.

-Plastic Memories.

-Violet Evergarden - more specifically since the epi. 1 ( really man, every epi make me cry like a baby, only watching the opening and reading the lyrics makes m eyes all wet )

Bonus

-Koe no Katachi (A Silent Voice) - okay, it don't really make me cry but it have a good story, I have a HUGE complain about how "open" it end up, going to the manga.

- Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - don't make me cry but I really like it.

Man, I know this is very variable, people have different feelings and different things trigger it, but I don't remember 1 damn epi from Violet Evergarden that I did not end up with tears in the eyes, I'm very anxious waiting for the movie.

Alright, I gave a funny answer at the beginning of the year (though no less accurate), might as well come back and be a little more comprehensive. With (spoiler-free) context, usually quotes, to pinpoint the exact moment.

• Cowboy Bebop-HE PUT THE PINWHEEL ON THE SHIP
  • Gurren Lagann-"Now I get it. And I was having such a sappy dream."
  • My Hero Academia-"Mom...can I be a hero too?"
  • Squid Girl-SHE WAS SO SAD ABOUT THE UMBRELLA
  • One Punch Man-"I'm weak. I know that much. No one has to tell me I have no chance of beating you. And yet, I must try. It's not about winning or losing! It's about me taking you on right here, right now!"
  • Toradora-Christmas.
  • Osamatsu-San-"Thank you, king-sized game-winning home run!"
  • Sword Art Online-"The skill is called 'Mother's Rosario'. I'm sure it will protect you."
  • K-On!-"Please don't graduate."
  • When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace-"I don't understand!"

Honestly, given how easy it is, the more surprising thing is that Fullmetal Alchemist never brought out the tears for me.

Towards the ending of Durarara!! x2, my fiance cries every single time in the penultimate episode

Tokyo Ghoul has made me cry like a bitch many times, but reading the manga, in :re...Kanae and Shirazu hit me hard both in the manga and anime, and in the manga especially, when Takizawa tries to help Hoji one last time...whew lads. Oh, and when shit gets serious with Tsukiyama and his family.

Cried like a bitch over Nana.

When I was in middle school and watched Death Note for the first time, I cried when you might expect, but i also bawled like a baby when Aizawa made the decision to leave the task force and was telling his family that they would do fun things together, then he starts crying...

Last episode of Azumanga Daioh got me the first time too

Edited by Zapp Renfro (see edit history)

Noragami made me ugly-cry several times in both seasons.

Oh wow someone else who’s watched Kanon! I cried at it too, specifically the 2006 iteration. So far, it’s the only anime to have made me cry. Not even the infamously heart-destroying Clannad: After Story managed, just Kanon.

I've found two more anime that have made me cry.

- My Hero Academia: It happened during the Overhaul arc in season 4.

-Violet Evergarden

Not usually an emotional person, but Made in Abyss is the only anime that has made me go beyond tearing up. 

I still get emotional from that one scene.

The only anime that has made me really teary-eyed is Grave of the Fireflies.  I also get somewhat emotional in Digimon Tamers when Jerri shuts down mentally and Takato keeps trying to do his best to cheer her up, but she's just given up on everything.  It's heartbreaking how her character personality takes a 180, but from a storytelling standpoint it makes for a powerful story, seeing her slowly drift into the darkness as the episodes go on.

I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't seen them.

Re:Zero − Starting Life in Another World: Subaru's breakdown in episode 18 hit really close to home for me.

Assassination Classroom: The ending was pretty emotional.

Persona 4: the Animation: Specifically the ending of episode 22.

Pokemon- Pikachu's Goodbye, damn near every kid that watched this show knows what's up.

Yu-Gi-Oh- Serenity ripping off her bandages and saving Joey from drowning

Sonic X-Cosmo's sacrifice

DBZ-Vegeta getting killed by Freeza.

Sign in to follow this