Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Can't hold it or just can't endure the pain?

For some time, I still wondering if people who have to pee, cannot hold their pee in or just can't endure the pain made by the urine from their bladder.

It's like when you have wounds and you want to get rid of them really quick because you just can't endure the pain anymore. And i think the same thing applies to the full bladder, as well.

Well, the pain from the bladder isn't that bad but still does count as PAIN. If we(most of us) like to have a full bladder then we don't mind if we feel that our bladder hurts, because it doesn't hurt so much like a wound.

What do you think is the "problem"?

Depends on the person. A lot of people can and do have real uncontrollable accidents when they're desperate enough. I don't think anyone would publicly wet themselves against their will due to pain alone - It would have to be forced out.

The pain of a full bladder does, however, convince people to do things that they would never do otherwise. Whenever you see a woman peeing on the ground at a festival or on the side of the road, you know that they were truly desperate and just couldn't take the pain any longer, even if they physically could still hold it for a time.

I'm beginning to think it has more to do with what a person drinks, rather than just how much.  Some articles I've read report that different drinks have different effects on the bladder, with some causing irritation that makes the body want to void the bladder sooner.  Through my own experimentation, I can verify that certain drinks absolutely have the effect of making a loss of control much more likely (as well as much less painful), but I'm not sure if that is because of the effect it has on the bladder itself, or some other process in the body (see below).  Perhaps it's a combination of both.  I'd love to see a comprehensive study, though.

It could also have to do with the external sphincter muscle strength.  From what I understand, there are essentially three muscles that work together to control the voiding of urine.  You have the bladder itself, and then the internal and external sphincters.  The bladder and internal sphincter are under the control of your body's autonomous systems - you have no voluntary control over those.  So, when the bladder gets a certain amount full (and/or possibly irritated) it'll start to try to squeeze the urine out on it's own.  This is where urges come from.  The internal sphincter will also open all on its own when your body decides, hey, it's time to go.  So, the only control you have is over the external sphincter, which is skeletal muscle that is under voluntary control.  As the bladder fills, and the urges get more frequent, this muscle structure is taxed, and like any skeletal muscle it'll eventually get fatigued and stop working so well.  This is what causes accidents to happen.

So, it could depend on a person's external sphincter muscle - if it's very strong, then that person will be able to hold on a long time, resulting in discomfort and/or pain from the over stretched bladder.  It might even lead to injury (especially in males it seems), though I'm not actually sure about this, and there are many schools of thought and conflicting information out there.  Also, since the external sphincter is under voluntary control, it can be exercised to make it stronger (eg pelvic floor exercises I'm sure you've all heard of).  In theory, it could also be relaxed to make it weaker, if you wanted to achieve that result over time.  It's worth looking into if your bladder is too strong.

Point me in the right direction if I got anything wrong with the anatomy.  I'm barely even on the level of an amateur here.

Thats very interesting. From your experience, what are the drinks that have the effect of making a loss of control more likely and less painful? I always get too much pain and not enough urge.

2 hours ago, Dynamic said:

I'm beginning to think it has more to do with what a person drinks, rather than just how much.  Some articles I've read report that different drinks have different effects on the bladder, with some causing irritation that makes the body want to void the bladder sooner.  Through my own experimentation, I can verify that certain drinks absolutely have the effect of making a loss of control much more likely (as well as much less painful), but I'm not sure if that is because of the effect it has on the bladder itself, or some other process in the body (see below).  Perhaps it's a combination of both.  I'd love to see a comprehensive study, though.

It could also have to do with the external sphincter muscle strength.  From what I understand, there are essentially three muscles that work together to control the voiding of urine.  You have the bladder itself, and then the internal and external sphincters.  The bladder and internal sphincter are under the control of your body's autonomous systems - you have no voluntary control over those.  So, when the bladder gets a certain amount full (and/or possibly irritated) it'll start to try to squeeze the urine out on it's own.  This is where urges come from.  The internal sphincter will also open all on its own when your body decides, hey, it's time to go.  So, the only control you have is over the external sphincter, which is skeletal muscle that is under voluntary control.  As the bladder fills, and the urges get more frequent, this muscle structure is taxed, and like any skeletal muscle it'll eventually get fatigued and stop working so well.  This is what causes accidents to happen.

So, it could depend on a person's external sphincter muscle - if it's very strong, then that person will be able to hold on a long time, resulting in discomfort and/or pain from the over stretched bladder.  It might even lead to injury (especially in males it seems), though I'm not actually sure about this, and there are many schools of thought and conflicting information out there.  Also, since the external sphincter is under voluntary control, it can be exercised to make it stronger (eg pelvic floor exercises I'm sure you've all heard of).  In theory, it could also be relaxed to make it weaker, if you wanted to achieve that result over time.  It's worth looking into if your bladder is too strong.

Point me in the right direction if I got anything wrong with the anatomy.  I'm barely even on the level of an amateur here.

Thats very interesting. From your experience, what are the drinks that have the effect of making a loss of control more likely and less painful? I always get too much pain and not enough urge.

1 hour ago, nicobulat said:

I've mentioned this a few times before on this forum, but what has worked best for me is catnip.  I found a tea that has catnip as one of its ingredients called Tension Tamer from Celestial Seasonings, but that might be exclusive to the US.  I once tried a more pure blend of catnip from some other supplier, but it was a long time ago and I can't remember how it stacked up.

Oh yeah, and mind the dosage.  It can have side effects, so look into that.  One cup is enough for me (in addition to other liquids of course), so don't OD on the stuff or anything.

Edited by Dynamic (see edit history)

I should have probably stated before that everything I said above assumes a healthy person with no disorders or illnesses.  The variation between people and how they experience holding seems to be pretty wide, too.  Again, I think there needs to be some comprehensive studies done.

I can dream about it, at least.  Netflix seems pretty willing to tackle diverse topics - maybe we can get them to produce a documentary.

I believe it depends on the strength of sphincters a lot. If they're very strong, it will be more about pain, otherwise it's more about having an accident. For me it's pain. I can't say I never leaked at all but it takes a lot of pressure in my bladder to make me leak, and often requires some external pressure like pushing with a hand on my full bladder to make my holding muscles give in even for a moment. Usually before then pain in the bladder goes up to the level I can't handle anymore, and occasionally I even get an ache in the lower back (the sign to stop holding immediately since it's probably kidneys hurt). Sometimes I wish I would have weaker sphincters, not so weak that I would be accident prone (wetting isn't my main interest in omorashi) but weak enough that if I hold it on purpose, I would start losing control before bladder starts to ache a lot. However I am wondering if pain is individual factor too, in the past I had been talking online with a few people who clearly had strong sphincters and could hold very well but when their bladders would get super full and hard as rocks, they would feel low levels of pain but very strong pressure. One woman described that feeling to me like her bladder felt like overfilled balloon that is about to explode from another drop and she said it was absolutely hard to touch, but actual pain stayed very manageable and she said it was more like a tolerable dull ache.

Yeah I have an especially strong set of sphincters, but I pee quite often depending on my hydration state. For example, if I am over-hydrated, I'll have to go a lot and it doesn't hurt as bad for long hold (if I can endure one), but I usually don't enjoy the pain I get as I'm a male and it hurts all the way to the tip at times. If all I had was water vs more sugary stuff, I tend to hurt less but get desperate faster however, and its more of a tingling and itch feeling than a pressure pain. It very strange. But I can usually hold for hours at home doing things just naturally and very modest fluid intake. Only once I hurt so bad I wanted to puke, it was when I did that one video that's on here.

6 minutes ago, NinjaGamer said:

Do you know how to weaken it?

In theory, since the external urethral sphincter is skeletal muscle, you should be able to weaken it by simply not using it much.  The reverse of exercising.  I guess the trick would be to figure out how to feel that muscle group and practice relaxing it as often as is practical.

If overdone it could lead to incontinence, but the upside is that since it's, again, skeletal muscle you can consciously exercise it to bring it back up to strength.