Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Someone in Marvel has our fetish?

Just thought I'd comment on this - I read through this post briefly once before, but now that I've seen Deadpool 2, I wanted to see if anyone else had mentioned this yet. Trying not to give any major spoilers here - there's a part of the movie where Wade is extremely depressed, so much so that he doesn't really care about anything, and at one point he's sitting at the bar talking to his bartender friend, and he just starts peeing. Like, right there, in the middle of a full bar, on the bar stool, I assume through his clothes, they show it splashing on the floor but not the state of his pants afterwards. So I think there might be something to your assumption that someone at Marvel has the fetish. Especially as the scenes are seemingly becoming more frequent and showing/implying more. And it's not a stupid thread in any way! This forum is meant for discussion, so don't worry about that.

On another note, Orange is the New Black really is full of these kinds of scenes. I was thinking of making my own post about that but now I've seen this discussion, and I agree that it made me uncomfortable to watch for the most part, especially the scenes where they're standing on the tables - even for us Omo-Fans, it's just awful to see something like that happen to a person and it's just not enjoyable when it's under circumstances such as those. But that show is graphic in every sense of the word, not just when it comes to pee. And I suppose they're just trying to show the awful prison conditions, and this reinforces that, so I wouldn't necessarily assume that one of the creators has an Omo fetish. Maybe just trying to portray it realistically, because most movies and shows just completely gloss over the fact that people have bodily needs. But if one of them does have a fetish, I'd be bit concerned about the way they choose to indulge in it with such traumatic and non-consensual scenarios. But then it is just a TV show. ?

Actually, to add to the scenes @Bulge_Lover mentioned, there's also a very long period in which the prisoners have taken over the prison and lock the guards in a little room, forcing them to take care of their bathroom needs by using a bucket or something. I can't remember exactly, but I seem to recall there was also one guard who had a problem where he physically couldn't go to the toilet in front of other people, and I remember him being very desperate for a very long time until they eventually hauled him off to a port-a-potty or something. This I just found uncomfortable. I even had to look away at some parts, it was so hard to watch the amount of pain he seemed to be in. But yes, there are a lot of scenes like this in that show.

Edited by wetisthebest (see edit history)
2 hours ago, wetisthebest said:

Just thought I'd comment on this - I read through this post briefly once before, but now that I've seen Deadpool 2, I wanted to see if anyone else had mentioned this yet. Trying not to give any major spoilers here - there's a part of the movie where Wade is extremely depressed, so much so that he doesn't really care about anything, and at one point he's sitting at the bar talking to his bartender friend, and he just starts peeing. Like, right there, in the middle of a full bar, on the bar stool, I assume through his clothes, they show it splashing on the floor but not the state of his pants afterwards. So I think there might be something to your assumption that someone at Marvel has the fetish. Especially as the scenes are seemingly becoming more frequent and showing/implying more. And it's not a stupid thread in any way! This forum is meant for discussion, so don't worry about that.

On another note, Orange is the New Black really is full of these kinds of scenes. I was thinking of making my own post about that but now I've seen this discussion, and I agree that it made me uncomfortable to watch for the most part, especially the scenes where they're standing on the tables - even for us Omo-Fans, it's just awful to see something like that happen to a person and it's just not enjoyable when it's under circumstances such as those. But that show is graphic in every sense of the word, not just when it comes to pee. And I suppose they're just trying to show the awful prison conditions, and this reinforces that, so I wouldn't necessarily assume that one of the creators has an Omo fetish. Maybe just trying to portray it realistically, because most movies and shows just completely gloss over the fact that people have bodily needs. But if one of them does have a fetish, I'd be bit concerned about the way they choose to indulge in it with such traumatic and non-consensual scenarios. But then it is just a TV show. ?

It’s possible that someone at Marvel has an Omo fetish, but I believe Deadpool 2 was made by Fox and not the Marvel Studios who make the avengers movies. At best you could have two different people with the fetish, but most likely Deadpool producers were trying to make a crude joke.

2 hours ago, wetisthebest said:

So I think there might be something to your assumption that someone at Marvel has the fetish. Especially as the scenes are seemingly becoming more frequent and showing/implying more.

Just FYI, Deadpool is produced by Fox. It has none of the same writers, directors, or producers that the others do, and it is not a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It's just a coincidence, and Deadpool's always been about crass humor.

On 5/5/2018 at 9:38 PM, Weasel said:

But I didn't know it was the same guy who did "Weeds." That's pretty strong evidence, yeah.

Jenji Kohan is a woman.

59 minutes ago, Bulge_Lover said:

Just FYI, Deadpool is produced by Fox. It has none of the same writers, directors, or producers that the others do, and it is not a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It's just a coincidence, and Deadpool's always been about crass humor.

Jenji Kohan is a woman.

I‘m sorry, I didn‘t know!

I should have informed myself better before posting. Because Deadpool belongs to Marvel and has the logo at the start of the movies I thought it was part of it! My mistake.